Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. RedSword

RedSword Member

Hi,

1) A minor textbug found here; I fought against a hill giant in the N-W zone on the map and instead of having the "0" hp status (can't remember the correct string), it got "null" shown. The other status of the monster were ok (Unscathed, dead, etc.), and I didn't get the problem with other monsters. Perhaps it was due to stun ?

2) (I was also about the report the bro Smyth error but as I search I see that it is known).

3) Cure X wound is ranged-casted. I can't get it to cast melee as it should be. I also tried dropping all my range weapons... (I found the bug reported somewhere but not in this thread I believe).

And 8.1.0 NC

Red

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

The null is not a bug. It happens many times. It allows the monster to keep fighting without the exertion causing it to go negative. At least this is what I have seen in many different fights.

3. RedSword

RedSword Member

Because something happens many time doesn't mean it isn't a bug. Following that way of thinking the game crashing should be a feature. Showing "null" to users isn't something a game dev normally wants... (beside cheats & sandbox games, which is another story).

The concept of bug priority exists. It is a very low one I get it, but it is still a bug.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If you accept a quest in Verbobonc to return to the Moathouse, you'll run into a few creatures that will show "null" and will keep fighting until you've taken them down to -10 HP.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Scrolls for spells above level 5 may need to be added both as scrolls, and as craftable items. It's an easy enough problem to fix though.

6. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Isn't there a feat in PnP D&D 3.5 that allows continued fighting until -10 HP is reached? Maybe the "null bug" is how the game implements that feat.

7. Allyx

The SRD entry for the feat Die Hard might be what you are thinking of, but it's not accurate for what the NPC's do while in this "Null" state.

Perhaps it is more akin to the ability of a wild boar to continue fighting until -10 hp when defending it's young or backed into a corner (which without consulting my books, I can't find rules for)?

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, I thought it was Die Hard (a few critters have that, screws with the players - I love it) but every Hill Giant in protos.tab with feats has Power Attack / Cleave / WF - none have Die Hard. Peculiar.
    All game crashes were renamed 'features' for Co8 5.1. Eventually they'll be upgraded to DLC.
    Allyx volunteered to do the scrolls, and you all heard him!!!

EDIT: If anyone wanted to do the scrolls fix, actually, you would only have to pop Rudy's mod and see what files he changed to add new craftable items. Then build on those.

9. Allyx

Is there a thread that contains only updates and fixes since the last big release (8.1.0)? Or is it a matter of trawling through this thread for fixes?

It's kinda hard to find the way back into the loop after a 10 year break heh.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

As suggested in the 'bars' above, there are no official patches, and only Rudy's mod (HERE) has been released since (afaik).

If you could do these scrolls and any other missing magic items you can think of) on top of Rudy's mod, that'd be awesome. :)

11. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Epic Fail
    My Wizard was leveling to 19 today. He saw 3 epic(?) spells at the bottom of his level 9 spell list he never saw before: "All Die," "Enslavement," and "Infatuation." These had no H descriptions. After he learned them, he could not prepare them as they were not on his Wizard spell list.

Wizard Spell Scrolls
    While you're at it, please add Wizard scrolls of every Wizard spell to a restocking vendor!

Wizard's Way Out
    For War of the Golden Skull, someone with teleport can warp out of town. Totally not intended.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  12. Allyx

Ok cool, I'll take a look at the mod and see what I can do, I don't want to be stepping on Rudy's toes though if the mod is still being worked on.

13. Allyx

As for a vendor for scrolls... I added one once, some people had trouble finding him. ;)

14. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I looked at all your listed supposed spell in the data\rules\spells folder...The txt file for them say they are level 10 wizard and sorcerer spells. I don't see any level 10 spells able to be cast by the game. I think it may be a bug....

I like your b since I would like to get all the spells. I have a spreadsheet with them on it and I can tell you the ones that you can't scribe or find. I also have been getting the xps for each quest. I tried to upload it but the site doesn't take xlsx files.

15. Allyx

The 3 level 10 spells you saw were in fact intended for testing purposes only, Cerulean the Blue wrote them to help Modder's test certain things. They were never intended for players to actually be able to cast them, instead Modder's could use the console to give wands containing those spells to their party members. Those spells will need to be made unavailable to player characters of 19th/20th level.

RE: Your spreadsheet file, if you .zip it or .rar it, you can upload it here.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
Our Host!