Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I think you are correct that in pnp Cloudkill should affect Will-o-Wisps, since, in addition to cloudkill not being affected by SR, as Aberrations, they eat, sleep, and breathe (MM Glossary).

It isn't the first spell to be treated differently in ToEE than in PnP.

2. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Member

What increased crit multiplier? All "burst" enchant do is adding (weapon crit multiplier -1)*1d10 elemental damage on a critical hit (or rather changing 1d6 to 1d10, which is wrong).

3. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Just started Hickory Branch again (8.1) and I was wondering or suggesting that more dialog would be nice. There could be some banter at the beginning as to why you should heal her since you just met the ranger. Then when you meet the people inside Hickory branch, you can still do the gather information or again do some dialog. It may make that part more interesting.

4. messedup

I know someone earlier has brought up a problem with the black leather items. If you sell them at the leather worker, you get 9 silver and 7 copper at best. It is the same everywhere except at the town tailor where you get 1 gold plus some silver and copper. I haven't done it for the tan leather items. Shouldn't this be the other way around?

5. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

It has been that way for a long time. I just get used to it and move on.

6. messedup

I am into helping with dialog now...In the quest war of the golden skull - defender, why don't you have one response by that the skull is destroyed if the party has destroyed the skull? Would it be to complicated to program it? As you can see, I don't do much in the way of programming.

7. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Welkwood Bog in 8.1.0 NC
    Am I meant to be able to visit this place at the game's start? If so, Welkwood bog doesn't appear on my initial world map destinations list - only Hommlet. (I assumed Welkwood Bog was just a high-level zone until I read elsewhere it shouldn't be.)

How do I access Welkwood?

8. Pelador

Pelador Member

You need a high intimidate level so that Smyth will give you the quest after asking him if there's anything extra that needs doing. You basically need to convince him that you aren't too pussy for it. Similar to the barkeeper in Nulb for the Lordriss quest but less intimidate needed. Or am I completely wrong about this?

So I've been playing through TemplePlus since even Co8 won't run properly at full screen on my Windows 10 PC and I got a weird bug where it didn't allow me the four days to kill Zzugttomy. Instead when I left Burne's tower the game gave me the ending scenes despite his assistant stating I had four days. Anyway I know this isn't the Templeplus forum but I thought it was a funny bug and wondered if anyone else had got it and why it happens?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  9. florian1

florian1 Established Member

You should check out Gazra's game guide & walkthrough http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8742 A ton of information that answers many questions new players might have.

Regarding Welkwood Bog, here is what he has to say about accessing it:

2.2 Welkwood Bog

Welkwood Bog is accessible at the start of the game.

Welkwood Bog is designed to replace the FedEx quests in Hommlet. Completing Welkwood Bog will give a party of 5 (level 1) characters (starting with 0 XP) just about enough XP to reach level 2. Welkwood Bog is designed for level 1 characters.

Talk to Brother Smyth (Blacksmith) in Hommlet, tell him that you are "looking for something different", then talk to Captain Renton in Hommlet to initiate the quest.

10. Endarire

Fire Node Gem: This didn't appear when I killed the fire node's Balor Guardian. The Balor Guardian was the first foe I targeted in the fight, and was the first (or one of the first) to die.

I've scanned the node for my fire gem, but found nothing. How do I get it? If prudent, how do I console it in?

11. messedup

In my version, the Balor Guardian disappears and I move the cursor around where he fell and it will tell you where it is. It isn't anywhere special.

12. Pelador

Pelador Member

Try pressing tab. It highlights loot.

13. Endarire

I have done my Tab sweep of the Balor Guardian area and found nothing. Did the gem disappear? Is there another way to get it?

And what's the console code/command for the fire gem?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  14. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Are you sure it isn't already in the skull?

15. Pelador

Pelador Member

Happened to me a few times in various places. Basically characters will randomly become unable to move. Both NPC's and PCs. Seemingly at random. Of course it could just be a bug with Temple Plus and not the Circle of Eight.

Our Host!