Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

Never mind. The read magic thing was my fault. I reinitialized without the hotfix. (Hey, shouldn't those things be in a patch file rather than hanging out in this thread/)

2. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

No patch yet that I see.

3. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Just thought of something, for those who don't buy the house in Nulb and still want a place to rest (Waterside Hostel), there is a problem in that the location is permanently unusable for resting if you catch dala stealing and start a fight and kill them. It would be nice if killing the hostel owner gave you a sort of "ownership" or someone else moves in to let you rest, so green tent comes back.

4. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

It could also be cool if Otello(or someone), from the stealing farmers, would take over the trading post after you kill the traders. In the PnP version, we PC's took ownership and hired one of the out of work NPC's to run it for us.

5. WinstonShnozwick

What about making it a quest? If you kill the original owner of the Waterside Hostel, your journal gets updated with a quest to get a new owner. Perhaps you could talk to one of the beggars of hommlett and tell them about it, thus saving them from beggardom and getting a way to rest again.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That's a really good idea: maybe Serena and Riana could be set up there, or Mona, or the beggars.. make the place feel like something happens in the PCs absence and they're not just sitting around waiting for adventurers.

7. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I agree but I don't make the beggars. I can see Othello doing the trader's post since he was looking for something. I can see Serena doing the Waterside Hostel. I can see Pearl doing the Hostel also. I don't see Mona since she is the mystic and has a job.

8. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

I agree with the above.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Also, there is a woman, (Anom) who suspiciously looks a lot like Mona running a shop in Verbobonc and she even has a glowing white ball she peers into.

10. WinstonShnozwick

Found something else. With the craft wand feat, I had my wizard make a wand of protection from energy for obvious reasons. Upon going to the fire temple and buffing with it, I found that the wand casts RANDOM element protection, it didn't give me the option each cast to select what I needed (fire in this case).

May I suggest that this is changed in the CRAFT WAND menu to allow you to craft a specific wand of protection from energy for each type of energy? E.G. Wand of Protection from Energy (Fire). In its current state, this form of the wand is rendered unreliable and as such nearly useless.

And I'm not sure if it's the same for wand of resist energy as well.

11. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Rudy took care of this a few months ago for potions in his barrage of mods (
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11486&highlight=rudy). There are now separate internal spells for each Resist Energy and Protection from Energy, and also for different caster levels, once this is implemented into 8.1.whatever. So for example, you could create a "Potion of Resist Cold, DR20", or a "Potion of Protection From Fire, 60", etc. The spells are internal, but I'm sure it could be extended to Wands and Scrolls.

In the meantime, I always use this quick fix: Keep one Resist Energy spell memorized and cast that spell first. The wand will repeat the energy type that was last cast by a spell.

12. WinstonShnozwick

Nice, thanks for the quick fix. Hopefully it gets put into the next update, pretty significant when you get to wanting to use it.

13. WinstonShnozwick

I'm getting a spell permanency from protection from elements (fire) and jaroo can't fix it on 2 of my pc's.

14. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

From my experience, this occurs if you accidentally cast Protection from Energy or Resist Energy of the same type on a target while one is already in effect. If you cast POE:Fire and POE:Cold it will be OK, but if you do POE:Fire twice, that is where the trouble happens. The second spell actually fizzles, but the particle effect is still activated, which is the source of the problem. Since the spell can never end, the particle effect from the fizzled spell never gets turned off.

Jaroo can't fix this unfortunately, and as far as I know it's there for the remainder of the game.

15. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Sounds Ike you may have to take the equipment off of that character and then kill him and recreate him at the inn and level him up with the console. Game.party[#].award_experience(XXXXXXXX)

# = position of character along the bottom, (0 1 2 3 4 5) and X = experience to give him.

But, you probably new this stuff already. ;)

Our Host!