Co8 7.0?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Salk, Jul 29, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Update for beta-testers ...

First of all, you are Ranth, sirchet, J'allan UlDragos, and emo-ome.

I'm not ready to initiate this yet, but hopefully we can start within ... I don't know, a week? Ten days? I hope you guys are flexible.

What we'll do is this: I'll PM each of you a link to where you can download the beta. (If I put that up publicly somehwere everyone will download it and then complain that it doesn't work.) After that, we'll open a thread in General Modification for beta testing 7.0. This will be a public thread with spoiler tags. I see no real need to get all cloak and dagger with this, as anyone who reads it anyway will have no one to blame but themselves for spoiling stuff, and locked forums or PMing everything around would be a pain. Plus, having everything under one roof will get the job done best and allow us to discuss things without testers not knowing what's going on, etc. Just stay tuned and I'll advise here or open the new thread when the time comes. Thankees.

2. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Okay Gaear, I'll be waiting and check my pm everyday. ;)

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Standing by awaiting the aforementioned PM. ;)

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I'd like to make a submission for 7.0:
    1. random_encounter.py - revamped wilderness encounter system, to allow for easily adding more encounters, instead of messing with a long chain of "if else".
      Also added some comments,
      and added a commented out stub for "level scaling" the random encounters (it's a WIP, so currently only the old behavior is used)
    2. scripts.py - added is_married() function, to determine whether PCs are married to an NPC. See comments inside file.
    3. script_daemon - added the Fire Node to the autokill thing.

Attached Files:

5. Gaear

The only potential conflicts I've got there are with random_encounter.py, since I've modded it heavily since the last release. I've integrated them thoroughly, I believe, but I'll attach the file here so you can review it yourself if you like. The main area I've added stuff is in predetermined encounters.

Attached Files:

6. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

What mods did Edwin P make? I saw the thread in General Modification and it looked pretty cool that he made stuff.

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Will do Gaear. Can you give us some instructions on how to access the new content (if it not a Bro Smythe thing) and at what level we should attempt it to? If you want to tell us in a PM that works.

8. Gaear

Yeah, I'll lay the conditions out very specifically in the GM thread. Levels not so much - that's one of the things I want to find out.

9. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

Cool, been keeping my eye on this since it was mentioned a week ago! LOL had a busy weekend so just seeing this now. Ready when you are!:cool:

Looking forward to contributing!

How long will the beta-test run?

10. Gaear

11. Leachman

Leachman Member

I'm new here but that can be useful when testing something. Been playing CRPGs since the early days of Sosaria. I'm willing to help test if you need other testers. :yes:

Our Host!