Co8 7.0?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Salk, Jul 29, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Yep.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to put 3.0.4 on moddb, would it?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, I'd actually like to. The only thing that's made me reluctant is that ModDB lists all your downloads chronologically, so adding v3 and 4 now would make them look like they're 'new,' and people seem to sort of blindly download whatever's on the top of the list a lot of the time. And their size isn't prohibitive for Co8's server, so ...

It is done!

3. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I think anything that balances the game is good, and if you lower XP from all opponents the difference between XP from week or strong enemiesstays relativly the same. So If you, let`s say, just get 10 XP points from the fight with the slave trader,s but this is three time the amount of XP gained from other battles, it is absolutly satisfying.

4. Gaear

Eh? Where does Picnic say anything about XP, and regardless, how does reducing CRs for NC-only enemies affect non-NC content? And where did you even get the notion this was for anything but NC, (besides two bugbear protos)?

:eek:_O:

5. Salk

Salk Established Member

Forget it!

That's what happens when I try and read topics without having really woken up in the morning.

Sorry.

6. Gaear

Update: I think WotGS is nearly finished ... it's been a pretty monumental task but hopefully it will be worth it. I'm trying to gauge difficulty now but due to the arrangement being somewhat unprecedented, it's proving rather hard to tell. So, I'm pondering recruiting beta testers. Would anyone be interested?

At any rate, I'm thinking we'll see v7 and WotGS et al within a month. Still got quite a few other loose ends to tie up.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'd be happy to help with the testing, (Win7 64 bit) although I am still having crash problems when videos play. I've tried all resolutions and even re-installed TOEE 6.1NC.

8. Vintrastorm

Vintrastorm Member

Will you have to start a new game with 7.0? I'm guessing that you have to...

9. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

I for one also want to help with the beta testing. let me know if i'm good or not. :hug:
    Btw: Is there any requirements to become a beta tester for you Gaear?

Well, most of the new mods produced by the co8 community must start with a new game. Saves with the previous version may/might run with the new mod but problems will follow.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  10. chano

chano Established Member

I could Volunteer if you can't get any others.

11. Gaear

Thanks guys, I'll keep you all in mind.

@emo-ome, the only requirements to be a beta tester would be that you are known at Co8 and are reliable in general and not flighty. Beware of volunteering though. What might at first seem like a cool advance of the mod may actually turn into playing something that doesn't work or has any number of problems. Plus, you'd lose the fun of discovery that regular players get. I'd basically tell you ahead of time what's supposed to happen and maybe even supply you with a pre-generated save so you could go straight there and test it.

12. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Sorry for the bugs Gaear :tired: I would be happy to beta test if you want me to with an evil aligned party. My only concern is that I haven't played the most recent NC version so I might not be the most efficient to get to the WotGS content, and I might get sidetracked on the way :) Let me know if you want me to test.

Also, any decision on a name change?

13. Gaear

No name change ... the Hextorites are still looking for the golden skull, so it seems appropriate. (They just want to DESTROY on a larger scale. It really is a war.)

Also, any bugs are more likely my fault, because I didn't just shoe-horn your stuff in. And having the mod author test would be great. :thumbsup:

14. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

I'd be willing to be a beta-tester, if you need any more!

J

15. chano

chano Established Member

Well Gaear you seem to have enough testers so i will happily await the release :)

Our Host!