Clingy bard won't leave

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Barles, Mar 8, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Barles

Barles Member

I encountered this singing bard named z-axis who told me about his wanderings and search for his sister. Apparently I had picked up a note telling of his sister's demise and he requested to join our group to avenge his sister's death. I felt bad for the guy so I couldn't deny his request for vengeance, but now that we've destroyed the temple, I don't want to share experience points with him anymore but I don't have any dialogue options to get him to leave the party. Is there a way around this?

2. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Go into combat mode and single attack him to death.

For the more lawful among you, just get into a moderately challenging fight, send him up front, and sit around while the monsters kill him for you. Then just dismiss his dead body from your party.

3. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Just right click on him to open the radial menu and click Talk. It gives you an option to dismiss him.

4. Barles

Barles Member

Right clicking on him (Zaxis himself) and choosing the talk option lets me use him to speak to someone else but it doesn't give me an option to dismiss him. If I use one of my 5 starting characters to talk to other npcs (like Meleny) I can dismiss them from the resulting dialogue options. This is true of every NPC I've had in my party save Zaxis.

5. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Try moving him to another character slot (just not the first one).

6. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

Can you move PC's to different slots? What if you have 8 PCs and want to move the last two spellcasters to a better position for map changes/transitions?

7. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Krag-
    Clickhold and drag on the portrait in the party roster in the bottom left of the screen to move party members around, if that's what you're asking (similarly you can move characters to the right in the initiative order at the top during combat if you wish). But a party only has as many slots as party members, so you can't put someone into slot 7 if you only have 5 characters.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

9. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

Thank you both!

Our Host!