Cleric Skills by domains....Where?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by windmillcrusadeR, Jan 29, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

I just flipped through my rule book and then searched the Co8 Database and was unable to find a list of skills by domain for the cleric class.
    in the book is a list of the actual domain spells for clerics, but not a list of the skills.

A list by deity would be nice.

Does anyone have one?

2. windmillcrusadeR

for example:
    Fharlaghn (spelling?) clerics get survival skills as a class skill.

Is there a list of other deities that have skills associated with them?

or is it based on the domain traits that are chosen.

i can't believe i don't know this (5.5 years after starting this game).

thanx

3. windmillcrusadeR

I found two domain skills that affect character skills:
    trickery gives you class skill in bluff and hide
    travel gives you the survivel class skill

i know about the war domain giving you the favored weapon prof of the prespective diety, plus the spiritual weapon looks like that as well.

races give weapon proficincies but do they give any character class skills? i know about the little bonuses for this and that.

Mods:
    here's a question. i don't know anything about modding, but i'm good with computers. can the deity list be altered or modded? if so how about the perspective domains and character class skills?

4. windmillcrusadeR

i also remember that when my cleric is paralyzed or held that he/she has a few rounds of freedom of movment.
    i don't remember ever reading that anywhere.

was that in the vanilla TOEE or is that an add on?

5. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi WMC
    I just took a look at d20srd, and it looks like the few "extra" cleric skills are determined by the domain power(s) you select for your cleric, not the deity he or she worships. For the "official" rules on clerics click here. As far as ToEE goes the only extra domain skills are the ones you mentioned: Trickery gets Bluff and hide, Travel gets Survival, and War gets Weapon Proficiency AND Weapon Focus in the Deity's weapon (which are feats not skills). Plant and Air are supposed to get "Knowledge: Nature" and Knowledge domain is supposed to give you all the knowledge skills but I have no idea how this would be implemented in ToEE.
    Regarding races, the only bonus "skills" are actually feats. Namely dwarves treat Dwarven BattleAxes as Martial Weapons instead of Exotic Weapons. The same holds true for Gnomes and Gnomish Hooked Hammers. Interestingly, all Elves start with proficiency in the Longsword, Rapier, Longbow (including Composite Longbow) and Shortbow (including Composite Shortbow) irregardless of class. It should be noted that according to d20srd, all gnomes have spell-like abilities irregardless of class. The one "bonus skill" that non-humans have in KoTB (Keep on The Borderlands) is bonus languages. Humans start with 1 or 2 languages, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Halflings start with several.
    The Royal Canadian

6. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi WMC
    Freedom of Movement is a Domain Power of the Travel Domain. Your Cleric automatically gets Freedom of Movement (for 1 round per level per day) as soon as he/she needs it (no need to cast the spell required). The effect lasts as long as needed, or until you run out of time. For example, your 5th Level Cleric is hit with a "Sound Burst" spell and fails his save. Normally, he would be stunned for one round, but in this case he would be able to act normally and when the stun "wore off" (the next round) the Freedom of Movement would end. The remaining 4 Rounds would not be lost, and would be used automatically as needed until they wer all used.

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

The TOEE built-in rulebook lists it all. It's a bit uncomfortable to use, but the info is there. The way I usually get to it is go to Classes-Cleric, then click on the "Domain" link, and there'll be a list of domains and associated skill buffs and spells. When you pick a deity, the game lists the domains available.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Good call TRC, I just did an internal release of KotB with Knowledge - Nature activated for various reasons and will have to check if this is recognised or not.

Our Host!