Clearing the Moathouse

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Nov 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Ok. I'm new to this so forgive me if this is total crap.

The relevant lines for completing the quest are these for Neutral Good characters:

Now my modding experience is non-existant but that seems to imply that game area 3 hasn't been discovered yet. would removing that check solve the problem? or would the command game.areas[3] >= 0 work?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes either will do it because once the quest is flagged 'completed' it will stop asking.

Or you could be super-sexy and shift the check for the game.area[3] = 0 down to the next bit and add another PC response, (line 743/4) "Thanks but I know where that is" or something. No need for another line from Terjon himself.

3. maalri

maalri Immortal

By the way-- When and How do people invade your Nulb House? I am looking for a challenging fight...

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Unfortunately that's just a myth, maalri. It was an original Atari thing that was bugged out of existence.

Nulb can still be fun though. Try visiting the Ah Fong emporium, or maybe the brothel if you're feeling frisky.:pelvicthr

5. maalri

maalri Immortal

Been to the Brothel- and had some "fun" just to see what the responses were-- that Jenelda has a thing (and is now exlclusive) for my Female CG Elf :)

I am afraid I do not know where the Ah Fong emporium is....

Also I saw a screenshot somewhere of the Original Map for the game and it shows some Ogre Caves... Can anyone tell me how to get to these two places?

6. Shiningted

Ah Fong is in the eastern-most house in Nulb, look around there is a jpg identifying it somewhere in here. You either have to have the Desperate Housewives thing activated, or Playful NPCs 1.3, installed to see it.

And unless I am mistaken Gaear is yanking your chain. The Nulb house thing occurs after u chase the Traders out of their shop in Hommlet (I think), they ambush u later in your own place. A Liv original, not a buggy Atari thing ;)

Gaear you scallywag you!

O and the Oge thing occurs if u accept a certain quest from the Temple priests.

7. maalri

maalri Immortal

OK-- I have Co8 4.0 which has playful NPC's 1.2 in it not 1.3 so that could be it, and I chose not to use the Desperate housewives (because it really didn't sound D&D purist) so I guess I will have to get Playful 1.3 to go to Ah-Fong

Will Playful 1.3 work right installed over Co8 4.0??

Also, I killed the traders early on- before even going to Nulb I am sure, but they still haven't jumped me and I am level 9 now, are they going to?

Finally- I heard the Temple Quests make your Paladin fall, so I guess no Ogre Cave...

8. Shiningted

Yes.
    Ummm, no... after much debate, ghosts were left out of Co8 4.0.0.

9. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Seeing as they're dead, no. In order to get them to attack you later, you have to attack them and let at least one of them get away (which really shouldn't be too hard, as it's pretty tough to stop them. *cheesy non-AOO-causing potion of invisibility that may as well be a delayed-teleport* :) )

10. maalri

maalri Immortal

Yes, I realised after I posted, that, having killed them both (took about 6 attempts :) - dang cheesy non-AoO-causing potions of invisibilty!) that I would have thereby "killed" that thread. Hmm, had I but known that Liv had a nasty Retributive Strike planned, I may have not reloaded it after the first time, in which I only killed the lower level guy (Remag?)

Early on greed for a good battle and exp...ugh. I will know better next time :)

11. Mikipoo

Mikipoo Member

I got the Moathouse quest to go green (and i had a NG party) when I told Terjon, or whatever the head priest of St. Cuthberts name is, that i had cleared it. Got XP, Fanfare, fuzzy sense of accomplishment, reduced fees on healing...

12. Zebedee

Yeah Mikipoo, it did work but it relied on you completing quests in a certain order which is why it didn't work for many people who hadn't followed the 'correct' order of doing things.

edit: a fixed version is available (along with many other fixes) in the Co8v4.01 mini update found here:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2708

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  13. maalri

maalri Immortal

Thanks again for that link Zeb- I had missed the update about 4.0.1!!

Woo-HOO Allyx!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I see this issue of the Moathouse being a non-completeable quest for some alignments hasn't yet been fully resolved, as I've run into it with a CN party. This is really weak IMO and something we need to look into. I can't imagine it would be that tough to rectify if it's just a matter of flags. Anybody care to take it on?

That perpetually blue 'accepted' quest entry is entirely aggravating.

15. Zebedee

Who gives the quest for CN parties? Pretty sure it isn't Terjon (or at least he's not meant to as his dialogue doesn't cover CN other than for figurine quest).

edit: meh, I'll go through it this weekend. Looks like there are checks for completion but not for giving out the quest. Will go through properly all the moathouse quest givers and post something in mod forum when I've got some firm proposals.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
Our Host!