classic...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by silo25, Nov 20, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. silo25

silo25 Established Member

bugbear zombie drinking a potion and wizard zombie fireballing himself, BTW if you move away from IUZ and do not stay where ST. Cubert appears , he wont start talking so as a solo monk i had to run in a small radius to keep IUZ from chopping me in half

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Can you elaborate on this? He's supposed to start talking the moment he appears.

3. silo25

this happened ever load , IUZ appears i run west out of his movement range (so he cant attack me) if i dont go back to where hedrick is located at the 4 round mark ST cuthbert will appear but just stand there and wont start his speech even if you do get near him.

4. Gaear

Okay thanks, I think I see what the problem might be. When you run away from the battle site (e.g. away from Hedrack), Cuthbert is not supposed to appear - to avoid this very thing among others. Can you copy the file in the attached .rar to your data/scripts folder (overwrite) and try it again? It should make it so that Cbert doesn't appear unless you are in the area of Hedrack.

Attached Files:

5. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

My approach is not to run away, but to surround Iuz with summoned creatures for him to pound on until the Saint turns up.

6. silo25

solo monk play through so not wise to waste the round on wandage

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Am I so far behind that I never realized that when Iuz brings his forces back to fight that they are zombie versions?

I was sooooooo pleasantly surprised to see the zombie hill giants and bugbears I had to stop and check each one out more closely.

THIS is major coolness!!

Not that I would really know what coolness looked like, or even if it was in the same room with me. ;)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  8. Gaear

Nah, Iuz only recently figured out how to do that. ;)

btw, Hedrack may now cast heals on his zombie minions, inadvertently injuring them in the process. That was unplanned but I think it's kind of cool in that it seems to demonstrate the likely confusion amidst all the other crazy developments in that scenario.

9. silo25

i love it when they drink themselves dead

Our Host!