Class Rule Concept for Monk

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Kail, Oct 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kail

Kail Member

Monks are supposed to be good with daggers and staves, but somehow they get almost no bonus to attacks or damage, nor do they get bonus attacks. Would it be possible to grant monks and extra attack with staves, and apply all the bonuses to fist to daggers and staves as well (minus stunning fist) so that the monk fights like a monk should fight (as opposed to fighting like a cross between a brawler and a ninja). Monks are supposed to be good with staves and exotic knives, could someone make them that way?

2. Kail

Kail Member

Maybe

If it's no trouble that is... LoL :D

3. Barthes

Barthes Member

I think the way 3.5 rules implement this by only allowing the monk to use flurry of blows with a few monk weapons: quarterstaff, kama, sai, shuriken and siangham according to the manual.

The only two of these I can find in the game are the quarterstaff and shuriken. There are some halfling sianghams, but you have to do some protos editing to get them to work right. (There's another thread about this.)

I can't find regular sianghams in the protos or in the game, but I do see it as an available weapon class. What this means is that with some editing in the protos.tab you could create a prototype of one, using a regular dagger or kukri as the animation and inventory icon.

There is a protos.tab editor available here; it's not that hard once you get the hang of it. If you have any specific questions about how to do something just ask.

4. Asharak

Asharak Member

I have a question about monks. I want to make more weapons affected by Flurry of Blows. I find the eastern monk idea a little stale. There are other kinds of monks in my opinion.

How would I go about making for instance longspear affected by Flurry of Blows?

5. Barthes

Barthes Member

Use a protos editor and change the weapon class (nothing else) of all longspears to a class that works with flurry of blows, quarterstaff for instance.

I haven't tested this so I don't know for certain if it will work. It should, maybe...

6. Asharak

Asharak Member

It seems to work to replace longspear with quarterstaff in the Weapon Class column. Thanks for the advice Barthes.

Our Host!