Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pygmy, Sep 16, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Abascar

Abascar Member

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: toee.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 00000000
    Fault Module Name: temple.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 407a4c66
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 001da512
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: f47d
    Additional Information 2: f47d4f2ba6efc5df5251fac38210d772
    Additional Information 3: a238
    Additional Information 4: a2382fb0d7ba0539a29963a763bcee61

Clean install with patches. No issues with install on TOEE Manager. Both set to XP SP 3 compatibility and administrator access. Programs starts normally, but just as the transition from setup occurs the program crashes.

Disabling the intro movies seems to work as the game continues to load normally and goes to the menu screen.

Of note, during character creation, when you are assigning values to your attributes, the boxes on the left (that would identify STR/DEX/CHR/etc.) seem to be missing across all video resolutions.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I knew I should have stuck with it, this 3rd grade edgamacation always be gett'n me confused. :p

3. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Hi, this might be worth-noticing. Whenever I executed V2Brute.exe there's a parse problem appearing with it, says "Error parsing record 1548 (sp-Prismatic Spray:Spray lines): part_posVariation_Z :"boom start" ". I'm using v7.9NC and this might be the cause of some major problems encountered in older and recent modpacks (especially in handling particles)... Try to look for partsys tabs for reference. Just assuming it incurs some problems on the particle database... And to think that this might also related to splash screen CTDs since "Initializing Data Sectors" part, is loading the .tab files/databases.

Take note, ToEE is reading the partsys tabs the same way as V2Brute. So unexpected crashes in the splash screen is probable when encountering such error.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  4. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I've just started a new game with v.8 and noticed that as well- I also noticed that the stats show up in the smaller screen to your left, even if you are doing the point buy method, so you can still see what stat is going into which attribute- not sure if this was intentional but it's nice...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

As you say, Gaear, some bugs are funny.

"'Hey wait for me" is from the pub in KotB. "Watch out dad" is one of the Lizardmen kids in KotB.

Both, I suspect, are due to me updating narrative.mes. I had no idea there were differences between the two versions. I'll post a fix on here when I am back at my modding PC.

6. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

I have a save from 7.9 at the end of hommlet, can I use it in 8.0? It seems to load fine and work fine, will this break some scripts?

7. Arthandas

Arthandas Witch Hunter

So we have Verbobonc not showing on the map, bad zombie floating text and vignette looting fix by Sitra. Will all this be combined into a patch?

8. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

So, I'm curious - seeing that the Temple Shortcuts mod has been downloaded 15 times - does it work okay?

9. Gehennis

Do you just extract this into your TOEE file location to make it work?

10. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Yes. You shuold create a backup copy of the \data folder just in case, though.

11. grinner666

grinner666 Member

How, exactly, does one uninstall the 7.9.0 modpack? I looked into the Winblows Programs & Features/Uninstall screen, and it's not there ... just ToEE.

I suppose I could just uninstall ToEE and then use a registry cleaner to take everything away, but that's a huge pain in the backside ...

12. Gehennis

If you have a temporary download folder look in there- if the mod isn't there chances are you've successfully deleted it...

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Any registry entries the modpack installer may add would be rather insignificant, I think, as basically all it's doing is unpacking an archive to the designated folder. Still, to uninstall the mod you should go to the Start menu > Circle of Eight et al until you get to 'Uninstall Circle of Eight Modpack.' There may be more than one of these if you've installed multiple modules. Or just go to your ToEE root directory and delete the .tfm archives found there ('Circle of Eight Modpcak 7.9.0 NC.tfm,' for example.)

The important part in the suggested maneuvers is not actually uninstalling the modpack, but reactivating vanilla so that the ToEE uninstaller itself works properly.

14. Quirk

Quirk Member

Hello all,

I just registered because I have some problems with the mod, but am reading and playing it since version 4 or 5. Fantastic work! It really made a nice little game into a real gem.

I wasn't able to find anything in the forum concerning the issue I am facing and hope this is the right thread to post it. So without further ado....I have trouble finishing the "Gremag 1" quest, where you have to kill Amario (I think he is the carpet maker). I killed him, but I do not get any dialogue option on it. Even after maybe 5 days (I think Gremag said that I should not come back right after the deed), nothing has changed. Is it a bug or am I missing something here?

And again thank you very, very much for giving us such a great gaming experience!

Edit: I just saw that the days are not counted in my log book. All tasks are marked as day 0 (which is not right). One of my reputations is marked as day 20, month 4 and the time in the lower right shows something completely different. Maybe that's why it does not work?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  15. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I think Gremag tells you to not come back to him and that someone will contact you.

I could be remembering this wrong, maybe an evil evil evil player will chime in. :evilgrin:

Our Host!