Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pygmy, Sep 16, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. JDR13

JDR13 Member

The fatigue penalty is actually pretty minor in those games though. Nothing happens until you reach a fatigue level of 7 and even then it's only a -1 to Luck.

2. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Just like with Barbarian Rage? That would be nice.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I've commented before that as far as I can tell Barbarian Rage is the only form of fatigue currently in the game, and if this could be used as a template for other forms, that would be good. I think some of Sagenlicht's spells were doing that.

4. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Yes, that is what I was thinking off. There are a number of spells that now put fatigue/exhaustion on enemies. It probably wouldn't be so hard to tack on fatigue at the end of a modification of haste. The haste spell needs some work so it doesn't stack (bug), anyways.

I imagine that:
    • the first haste could put a long fatigue on the haste recipients (but I'm unsure how the duration would be...a day? so that rest is needed or cheese some travel...dunno) -2 str/dex, can not run or charge
    • haste on an already fatigued character could mean a long exhaustion . -6str/dex 1/2 speed move
    Exaustion is probably the worst effect that should be applied, but this would make hastes a more difficult tactical call.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
Our Host!