Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I think the number of saved games thing is just a rumor. I usually have a lot of saves and never have a problem.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I don't know if I would call it a rumor ... Conjecture maybe.

I have personally experienced problems when I have over 20 saves, they start to change up the order they are displayed and such.

When I have to actually search for my latest save I dump a bunch of the older ones.

3. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Apparently I was experiencing the same problem that someone else just mentioned a few days ago- I moved the party back a few feet, chose the lead character and had him move thru the portal alone rather than as a group- game has been working fine since then...

4. Gaear

For those of you expecting v7.9 today as per the the schedule and announcements, it looks like it's not going to quite happen. I'm in the home stretch with the new Hickory Branch stuff, and I was hopeful that a hard push this weekend would do it, but it's not to be.

Rather than put more dates on it to miss, let's just say it will be "soon" (like in a couple days). I'll let you all know when here.

Thanks for your patience. :)

5. sirchet

That's it ... we're cutting your salary!

And no more key to the executive washroom.

You better tighten up there Mr. :p

6. dragoking99

dragoking99 Member

what time will 7.9 by ready ?

7. dragoking99

dragoking99 Member

opps srry i just read your post about it not being ready after i posted that soryy ill be patient hehe

8. Gaear

Just FYI to anyone planning their weekend gaming ...

I'm working on the penultimate HB cave battle right now (spending lots of time figuring out why simple scripts don't work and stuff like that - nothing is ever simple in ToEE, ever :p), but I have to go away over the weekend again. So don't look for 7.9 this weekend, sorry. :(

I thought I would get through all this this week, but having to spend, oh, three times as much time debugging silly stuff (hm, Hungous won't talk... something's the matter! [3 hours later] Yay, Hungous talks! Okay, time for bed.") tends to drive those ambitions into the ground. :blegh:

9. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

No worries... it'll be a month or two before I'm reunited with my main computer (i.e. the one that can run TOEE), so my patience isn't even remotely being tested,

10. dragoking99

dragoking99 Member

its more about quality then quantity in my book take your time :):thumbsup:

11. sirchet

What!!! You're sleeping BEFORE 7.9 is ready?

Enough of this slacking off! :p

ps .... It's ready when it's ready, we're all happy to wait as long as you want Gaear.

12. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Just a general question- am I the only person that doesn't play a rogue to use their backstab ability? I always prefer them to attack with bows from a distance- why put them at risk in melee (even though Dodge and Mobility gives them some degree of survivability)?

13. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Enlarged rogue with longspear / holy ranseur and power attack+ cleave + great cleave and combat reflexes

Surround rogue with commanded undead and other meatshields

Centre invisibility sphere on rogue

Ensure meatshields fill sphere

14. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I arm 5 out of 6 of my usual characers with bows, to include the rogue. The trick iis to make sure the rogue is within 30' of its targets and goes early enough to catch them flatfooted, Then you get the best of both worlds: range and sneak attack damage. With enough fighter levels thrown in (i.e. at least 4), that can be up to six attacks with sneak attack dice tacked on (assuming you take Rapid Shot and have some knd of Haste effect up) by 20th level.

15. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Or 2lvls ranger, for that sweet "fast shot" feat. Plus you get a +2 att bonus vs whatever you choose to be your preferred enemy.

Our Host!