Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Alchemist

Alchemist Member

Review and Wishlist

New Content:
    I'm just going to tell you guys how I love the newly fixed Wizard Hats and newly added garbs, but hoping and wishing that the Tailor in Hommlet could sell a Black w/ Red Wizard Hat (which is different from the Black w/ Grey Wizard Hat). Loving the signpost in Verbobonc which looks a true signpost than the mirror, hating Verboboncs' water (kindly make it clearer). I also love the merchants in Verbobonc the stuffs they sell, loving those entirely new boots, could you guys make those boots be some of the selections when you craft wondrous items, just like what you did with the cloaks. I summon Rudy ;). Strange things I've seen in the Uldragos shop is that you can buy the Anarchic, Flaming and Holy crossbows for 6cp, it's also the same with the shop who sells Major School Spell Rings. When equipping the Anarchic, Flaming and Holy Crossbows, they have different icons. Last but not the least I love the much clearer Nulb at night.

The latest portraits of the NPCs are amazing especially the citizens of Verbobonc & Hommlet, the Kobolds (even it came from the Leucretia portrait it's still cool), the Master of Arena, the Witches, the Mages/Wizards, the Thugs, Fighters, Priest and Sorceror in the Nulb Ambush. The portraits you Co8've produced are very highly detailed and consistent. But there are several portraits I hate, the Lacedon (Portrait of Grud Squint Eye), some new portraits of the Orc in Hickory Branch, all the Lords there have the same pics, The Orc Lieutenant. I also despise the icon for Helm of Midnight, the old one is much much better. Much cooler icons from the Hands of Death, Fire, Ice, Electricity and Life, hated the Battleaxe+1 icon. But all is good, so keep the new portraits coming.

Gameplay:
    • Pros:
      I'm surprised to see that Hedrack's forces are being ressurected as Zombies, but not just the normal Zombie. The battle is fun and challenging, their AI is doing great. Iuz is still pain in the a**, Cuthbert always arrives in time to save my party. Barkinar and Deggum are much tougher than the last time I fought them, with a very surprise visit from Senshock.
    • Cons:
      Selling Senshock's robe cost only 100GP, Deggum's Blighted Mace doesn't have descriptions. There are some lag issues in the Greater Temple, walking around causes lag and being unresponsive. It took almost 10 seconds to recover.

I haven't reached Moathouse Respawn and WotGS so this isn't final.

Score: 9/10

Good work Circle of Eight. :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks for the input. :thumbsup: To address a few things ...

They currently don't have a value in the cost field. Looking at the SRD, am I correct that these should actually be:

Holy/Axiomatic/etc.: 8000 GP
    Frost/Fire/etc.: 4000 GP
    +1: 2000 GP
    Light Crossbow: 335 GP
    Heavy crossbow: 350 GP

So e.g., an axiomatic light crossbow +1 would be 10335 GP, while a heavy crossbow of frost +1 would be 4350?

Re: portraits, bear in mind that the new ones were 'borrowed' from Diablo 3, so we don't really deserve credit for them. This was done because we were simply unable to compensate for what was needed any other way, and Diabo 3 fits ToEE reasonably well.

There are 4 or 5 portraits that cover all the rank and file types of orcs, but all the actual 'lords' (Hungous, Krunch, Ruff) have their own portraits.

3. Alchemist

Alchemist Member

I have no idea that those portraits came from Diablo III, that's because I didn't play any Diablo games. As for the crossbows, go ahead and make their price higher. The first time I saw them in shop, I knew that there's something wrong.

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Um, no. Per the SRD, special abilities increase the effective enhancement bonus of the weapon, thus making your first example (+1 Holy Light Crossbow) effectively +3 for a total cost of 18,335 (+3 plus Masterwork weapon cost). Your second example (+1 Frost Heavy Crossbow) would be the equivalent of a +2 weapon, and cost 8,350. These costs appear to be properly implemented in the crafting system, and that's why you'll never hear me complain about too much money in the game.

5. Gaear

Actually not all of them did, just most of the new ones you may notice in 7.8. We currently have a mixture of vanilla, other artwork done by ToEE artist Chris Glenn, some custom Co8 artwork (think Slavers), and these Diablo ones.

6. Gaear

Okay, Kapacha2089 brought this to my attention:

These are debugging test tones that I forgot to turn off, sorry, and so you will indeed hear them when you are in the Moathouse. They are irritating, so if you don't want to hear them, simply go to your ToEE/data/sound folder and delete the .mp3 files that are called 'test tone.' There are five of them. Deleting them will have no adverse effects on your game.

7. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

Heard the beeping in the moathouse. After spiderboy called for help. He saw no help (no spiders). The beeping stared on the map, and stopped when I changed maps. Next time I play I'll go back and see if it's still beeping.

8. Gaear

No need - the beeping is from a mob's heartbeat on that map, perfectly normal.

9. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

The LE branch joins the other alignments for me in conquering Zuggy but something unusual happened: got to the point where she offered her treasure and surrender, which I took (was trying to get her to be my follower to see that ending but I missed it- does it depend on the character she's talking to i.e. social skills?). Once I accepted her offer, the combat continued (beat her of course :thumbsup:). Did something go wrong or is that how it's supposed to happen? As an aside, found out the the +3 Frostbrand that you find in the Fire Temple is excellent vs. Zuggy- a tip to keep in mind if you don't have holy or lawful weapons. Five alignments down, four to go, starting with CG....

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Thank you sooooooo much for the tip on getting rid of the beeping, I totally went over my laptop thinking I had an issue and thought the beeping was a warning buzzer type thing.

Man, do I feel dumb. :)

11. Gaear

Not dumb at all - sorry to put you through that. :sadblinky

12. Abardon

Abardon Member

And here I am creating a list of things that could have triggered the beeping.
    My Paladin is safe... for now

13. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

While looking at the crafting list in v7.8 I noticed that the prerequisite for the Monk's Belt reads (null) in red script. Does this mean that the Monk's belt is no longer creatable?

14. Kapacha2089

Kapacha2089 Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Version 7.8.0 NC. Possible BUG. Wind Wall spell stuck on LE party members in WoTGS scenario. I was playing against the Hextorites. Spell initiated from possibly Wakefield or Hextorite Mage in front of Town Elder Home. Wind Wall spell affected all pcs and will not dissipate as I encounter each Battle point site during the WoTGS battle.

In addition, when playing for the Hextorites in WoTGS, Wakefield completely disappears when entering a battle point site building such as Town Elder Home or Welcome Wench Inn. Downloaded fix it file from this site. Copied it over to appropriate folder, but does not work. Last updated file stated for this file was 09.04.2012.

15. Gaear

That appears to have resulted from a typo. Most likely it will mean that the item is not craftable in 7.8, or possibly craftable without the needed spell requirements - Righteous Might and Tenser's Transformation. Will fix.

Our Host!