Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Question: Banner at the top of the page claims that the latest version is 7.3.2, but where can I find it? Latest I have is 7.3.1, and that's only because someone was kind to link to a post in this thread containing the patch.

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Click on banner

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Hmm weird, the banner redirected me to a completely different thread not half an hour ago. Still, thanks anyway :D

I'm assuming that it doesn't require a new game just like 7.3.1?

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hold on with that a second, Aus, I'm fixing your Hextor issue right now ... :p

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Bah, darn it, I'll just look for 7.3.2.0001 tomorrow morning :p

6. Gaear

Okay, as of 12:00 a.m. GMT July 5, 2012, the patch you see in the new banner at the top of each page is good.

Those banners are now your one-stop location to see what's up with all the latest. Any new patch updates will appear there, probably with a mention here to go along with it.

Like the old, the new patches can be used with existing saves. There may be a few bumps if you don't start a new game, but nothing game-stopping.

Sorry about all the map issues ... you may be tempted to think that I just wasn't paying much attention while doing that but that's not the case. The powers of InfoRapid Search and Replace have proved rather disappointing in that regard. :thumbsdow

At any rate, there will probably be other issues down the line (although I think I've got all the portal issues straightened out). Please continue to report any problems, thanks.

7. John Snow

John Snow Member

I posted this question in the atari bug list since I could not determine the correct question to complete a search. It seems that this is the proper location for this question.

I am having an issue with movement. If I select the whole party and click where I want them to go 3 things may happen.

1 entire party goes where I want it. (good)
    2.The entire party stays put and wont move.
    3. a random number of party members will travel to my desired location.
    Also the sound - sometimes it is fine/clear other times you can hear static.
    This also goes for voices? I don't think it is my system since the original ran with no issues.

I just downloaded 7.3.0 and have also installed 7.3.1 fix. I am running the Anthology pack with B.Gate/I W Dale as well as TOEE. I only downloaded TOEE from the Anthology.

I should also say thank you I have not played this since the original and only just found this game pack. I played the standard version to level 4 found the circle of eight and completed the download last night.
    I am very excited to play with the additional content.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  8. Gaear

Are you talking about specifically when you are in Hommlet? We have removed pathnodes from Hommlet for the time being as a performance-enhancing measure, so if that's all it is, you should have no issues if you simply give shorter movement commands. If your characters start but don't complete movement commands, and/or if the game seems choppy and unresponsive, that's something else.

9. Wyvern13

Wyvern13 Member

I upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3 (now patched to 7.3.2). I had been having more & more CTD's in 7.2. I'm also having lots of CTD's in 7.3, but was using my old save files. Most of the current CTD's are when I go into the Welcome Wench. However, reading in the forums, it looks like I need to restart the game with a new party.

10. Gaear

You cannot use saves across modpack versions.

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Bummer, now I can't run around Verbobonc pretending I'm in Sigil :D

12. John Snow

John Snow Member

Yes when in Homlet.
    This is good thanks for the reply.

I can assume the sound quality will pick up as well?

13. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Friendly warning: the recent patch likely causes disappearance of Extraplanar Chest contents. Not 100% sure that's the cause, but it's the most likely contender. Make sure you don't have anything valuable in there before updating ;) (good thing I use mine as a trashcan of sorts...)

14. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Those banners are very helpful. Now, I don't have to scour the threads to find these treasure patches :)

Ausdoerrt, thanks for the tip.

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Here's more: the back room of Lazslo's house (NE exit) is marked as "dangerous to rest" (yellow).

Our Host!