Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

keep walking (caught me for a second too).To all who did the art work map looks great.

2. knightnday

knightnday Member

Aha! Thank you very much!

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Ah, thanks! I missed the key word "addon".

4. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Gaear, with the reduced XP, is it still possible to get to lv 20 with an average party size? (5 people)

5. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

Is the title screen supposed to say version 7.3.1 after the add-on is successfully installed? The clothing chest and green rest tent are present in the starting store so I'm guessing no.

6. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Same here. I still read 7.3.0 but everything seems to be fixed.

7. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I've noticed that NE Clerics of Obad-dai still turn rather than rebuke undead - I thought this was one of your 7.3.1 fixes Gaear? Thank you the rest is absolutely great - especially not getting "Kented" as soon as I reach Hommlet!

8. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Gaseous Form reduces subject movement speed to 10 feet. Is that intended?

9. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Will gust of wind clear out cloud kill and stinking cloud?

10. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Damn, I'm such a blazé adventurer... After I looted the gems from Zuggy and she threatened me with the "after 66 years I'll be hunting for you!" thingy, I thought to myself:
    "Sure, go ahead... My human allies might be dead by then, but I'm an elf, and already have 10 levels in just a few months. After those 66 years I'll just need to look at you and you'll wither away like the sorry mould that you are..." :bored:

Anyhow, that's not really what I wanted to say...

I have 2 proposals for the next version - though I don't really think it'll be feasable.

1) Awaken:
    While not that many players will see the need for this 5th level Druid spell, I surely am one of them. I like to play around with the Animal Familiar NPC's, and some added intelligence would seem quite usefull. So.. is it possible to incorporate this spell?

2) More parties to fight:
    The most interesting fights to me are the ones against other parties. I thank you for the Verbobonc Drow fights, they are a blast. But is it possible to set up a script somewhere (Verbobonc Arena, a return to The Arena of Heroes,...) where one can fight other parties? Maybe even incorporate the ones from other players - by extracting them from save-games we send to Co8?

These are just ideas, and I hold up very little hope of them being possible. But hey, if it does work out, partieeeeee!!! :p

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I suspect so, Winston.

Sorry, an updated version number was not included. If there is a 7.3.2, we'll update it then.

I don't know that that's within our capabilities, Pygmy. ("Kented," lol :giggle:)

I don't know, but it certainly wasn't altered by Co8 anytime recently.

If it didn't before, it won't now. We didn't change it.

The main ingredient needed would be someone capable of and inclined to create new spells. :p That's not me.

It's an interesting idea, but those other parties would need to be created first. Cross-save data would probably crash everybody's game half the time, so that part would be a no-go.

12. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I absolutely agree.I love the Robin Loxley fight and I loved the fight from the Oger Cave entrance. Finally a group with a wizard who really used nasty spells like improved invisebility (I think it was). If you see any possibility to place that group somewhere else, if that wouldn't hurt your sense of "module purity" too much, it would be great.
    Maybe the idea of the Arena as a place where you could fight hard opponents with hardly any XP and no loot, so that don't interfere with the actual game, might be very attractive for a lot of players. A place where you could just go for a pure primitive fight when your wife and kids and the work next day doesn't leave you more time than just an hour to play.
    Well since I can't programm all that - just daydreaming.

13. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ Don't forget the Nulb Ambush fight, the Slavers fight, and the Constable assassination fight, all of which fit the description as well. I also wish the adventure party RE could appear a bit earlier since they're way too easy for a lv10+ party.

Then there's the final fight from Desperate Housewives, too bad it will never be back :(

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

And, don't forget, the Wandering "Non-Hostile" Party.

15. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

They seemed pretty hostile to my evil band of adventurers.

I mean, sheesh ... all we did was ask them to give us they're equipment. ;)

Our Host!