Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Sorry, still 7.0 here.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I'm doing 4.01 atm. (level 4 - no jerkstop) Would the jerkstopped saves from 7.1 still exist after I activated 4.01?

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Possibly. If you want to check, be sure to actually do the saves routine in TFE-X with 4.0.1 before reactivating 7.1.0, just to be safe.

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I'll stay on 4.01 until I'm through, then check. It doesn't take long to get it if I start from scratch, anyway.

5. Gaear

Okay, the release of 7.2.0 is formally set for Sunday, April 29, 2012. There's still too much to do with the Verbo overhaul to get it out by the 24th.

6. juggernaut1292

juggernaut1292 Member

Hello admins, i have notice maybe a bug, when i completed the Fragarach portion of Daring Rescues, but i tried to do a technique i do where i kill thrommel and xfer the sword, res him and complete it normally, but when i did it, not only did it not give me the quest it removed all my gear. what happened :/

7. chano

chano Established Member

If you kill Thrommel and take the sword, then resurrect and charm him and continue to recue him the sword will be retaken automatically and the the reward given as if nothing happened.
    If you drop the sword before leaving the temple you can have both scather and fragarach.
    This might be considered cheating as it would not be possible in pnp with a rational DM.

I have done this a few times to test dual wielding ng fighter, mainly to kill Iuz.
    It never happened that all my gear was removed though, just the sword.
    So my guess is that it is not really a bug but something gone amiss with your game.

But better await an answer from Gaear before doing anything

8. Gaear

I don't know about removing all your gear, but it's correct that Thrommel will never give up his sword while living, and he's killed and resurrected he takes it back first thing.

~

Update: things don't look good for 7.2 being released tomorrow, sorry. Doing some proper clipping in the new Verbo is proving to be a strain. I don't like to half-ass release dates like this normally, so apologies to you all for that. I'm thinking Tuesday, May 1 now.

9. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Yeah, when I woke up, the first thing that came up to my mind is your mod, I boot up my computer and tada! click firefox search moddb for the new version. We know how much effort your team putting into the core, and we will not hinder you all from making that. I expect it to be more magical and I've got to control my patience for the most exciting verboexperience. But I hope that date is final, please move forward for the sake of Elmo. Elmo is already starving for mug you know. You didn't give him a coin do ya? :pinkkirby then please do, because, I will give him lots in 7.2 :yes:

10. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

I'll point out something regarding the prayer spell on Emridy Meadows. I'm playing v7.1.0 modpack.

I started recently a fresh new start, my alignment is lawful evil [Hextor Quest]. I talked to Terjon, and agreed to help him find his lost artifact in the meadows. I quickly proceed, and something pop-up to my mind, to my curiosity I did go to the battlefield where Arasha(?) and I supposedly fight in a Wilfrick quest, I forgot the name, sorry. Then I encountered a trigger regarding on prayer spell, It unleashes the prayer spell on the battlefield w/o the key players there. Is this a bug or a faulty trigger?

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'll show you ... I'll just ... wait patiently and be grateful for the work and effort put into this and all previous releases. :peace:

12. Gaear

Sorry everyone but it will be another couple days yet, realistically. I promise next time we'll be back to the well-in-advance firm release date method. :blush:

I could just dump the current state of things as the release (which is what we have generally done in the past in these frequent release models), but in this case that would mean immersion-breaking things like no night time Verbobonc map and walking on top of buildings instead of behind them. That would be shoddy so I really don't want to go that route. Hang in there - you'll be glad for it when you see the new town. :)

That's a known thing. For some reason the Slavers' cleric casts buff spells even when he's not yet there, much like Senshock at the shop in Verbobonc. It's bug-like but there's actually nothing wrong with the code.

13. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Path Finding really pawned it all! :tears:

Gonna stick with the flame rather than the ashes. Go Gaear! we will wait until you finally release it.

14. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

I saw the poll about 7.3, did I miss the release of 7.2? Last I read, it was delayed again. Not rushing anybody, but if it is released could someone be kind enough to provide the link? Thanks.

15. Gaear

Not released yet; should be in a day or so.

You can always see what's latest on our ModDB site - there will be no other modern public releases hidden elsewhere.

Our Host!