Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

During the download/install was the process interrupt in any way? May be that there are missing files. It worth having a look in the ToEE directory, see if the Verbo files are there?

2. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

just to be sure,, you are opening the console before entering the code?
    never can tell.. console is shiftkey and ~ ;)

3. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

Yes, I am opening the console with the "shift-key and ~" As I explained, certain codes work fine. I started a brand new game and the code to unlock Delko Grove worked fine. I have also used the leveling and give item codes no problem. I will check my install about the Verbobonc content. I don't remember any headaches with the install but I will try anything at this point

4. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

I went through the files for TOEE and I do have all the Verbobonc files. This is so frustrating

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I know you started a new game, but if that didn't include a complete un-install/re-install I'd suggest that as the next step.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yes. I suspect the module may not have deployed completely. You have to wait until it's done and TFE-X tells you its done, not interrupting the process and not doing other stuff ideally why it's working. Normally it takes ~ 5 minutes but in some cases (on some systems) it can take quite a bit longer.

So I would not necessarily uninstall ToEE (yet); just activate the vanilla module through TFE-X so 7.1.0 is cleared out, and then activate Co8 7.1.0 again. Be sure to wait til the activation's complete for both.

7. shiffd

shiffd Member

UPDATE on lag/freezing issue in Hommlett during hextorite attack (good version)

After taking a break for a few weeks I decided to have another go at it.

I was able to mitigate the freezups enough to finish a few encounters-
    Specifically-
    The inn
    The grove
    The tower
    the south road
    and two fo the potrols, central and east.
    I still avhe like 5 left to do I think, 2 more potrals, church, west road and east road, or soemthing liek taht.

What I discovered-
    By stripping off my clothing and wepons I was able to get the battles to after a few tries complete without a lockup.

The complete lockup happens when using missle weapons and/or ranged spells

removing capes, weapons, shields, helmets etc. (stuff that has animation) seems to help, as best I can tell.
    I'm using a bunch of crafted weapons and armors as well as several ion stones, so Im guessing maybe that is a big factor.

After killing the mobs they will 'stand up' as if zoned in/battle started in a frozen stance time and again. But it wont lock anything up since ocmbat doesn't initiate, it does cause stutter step. So I got to clear the last couple battles somehow I guess by stripping down and ducking in out of doors and reloading a few dozen times each try I guess to finish as is.

I hope some of this info about how it locks up/when and what seems ot mitigate it helps with any efforts to fix going forward. At hte very least I hope other players are able to use the advice to make it through this part of the new content.

ONE IMPORTANT DETAIL- Burne's badgers are appearing on and of f all over hre map in a frozen state. Whe nI approach they dissapear pretty quick...then replaced by the patrols etc.... in a frozen state and stutter step starts. I duck away/strip off gear a few times to get it to work. Right now I am stuck trying to get an unfrozen battle going north, so far each attempt foiled and frozen. But i will keep tryingt.

8. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

I'm playing through with a chaotic neutral party, and I want to have access to the evil storyline options. I've already saved lareth and can buy stuff from him now. How do I get quests with Rannos and Gremag, the ones to assassinate people and stuff?

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I am not positive, but I believe you have to have at least one character that has an actual evil alignment to get the assassination missions. I have had a party that had the LN start but which included both a LG priest and LN monk, and I was able to get the missions.

(Yes I know that is not proper RP but i was trying some new tactics, so , meh)

10. Sergiond

Sergiond Member

Hi,

I'm playing a new game (v7.10) and i haven´t found any trap in the thieves' tool of the Moathouse courtyard or in the chest of the Moathouse tower (lock neither).

Into the Moathouse dungeon I haven´t found any chest in the area of ghouls or in the area of giant crayfish.

¿Is all right?

11. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

All of those traps were removed as they were not RAW (rules as written). So you do not have to wait till your higher level to get the small treasures that were in the chests.

The items from the ghouls and the crayfish are now lying on the ground as they would be in most PnP games. Leftovers from previous meals.

12. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

One minor suggestion for the next version of Co8: When Terjon tells u that he can't cast a full heal on Jakk Borton's crazy brother and that you should look for help elsewhere, it'd be a nice gimmick if you could bring up the matter infront of Jaroo. Maybe just to hear that he can't help either. Or maybe he can and gives you a potion of full heal and then when u give it to Jakk's brother u can bluff Jakk into believing it was "the power of St. Cuthbert". It always felt a bit odd to just stumble upon such a potion by accident and then u have no chance but to tell Jakk that the wonder was brought by St. Cuthbert's might... Well somehow it's not a lie, since Terjon probably made that potion anyway, but still...

Great work on this mod btw! People like u guys really save some great potential/bad execution-games with ur mods, which become the new standard after they're out. Thanks alot!!

13. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

I find it funny that those Ghouls hanging out there evidently like to kick back and quaff a Holy Water or two while they wait for the next "meal" to arrive. :dribble: :chew::coffee::beer:

:confused::twitch:

:D

14. shiffd

shiffd Member

It must be like alchoholfor them. Kills in large quantity, pleasantly dissorienting if sipped.

The way I figure it was just there in bottles and they have no way to get rid of it, since they are mindless gouls. At some point the moathouse had a good priest that musta made the bottles but when abandoned/overrun whatever happened some holy water just got left there. Seems reasonable enough.

15. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Or they ate the guy who was carrying them before he could use them.

Our Host!