Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Dec 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Type it exactly as it appears in the code above. There is a space on either side of the =.

When you do that, do you hear a little sound?

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I do not believe you should type in the spaces. Try that and if not, then as Gaear wrote. Hopefully that will help.

As a second try, do you have a save prior to when you talked to Brother Smythe that you can try to load and see if after talking to him again to get the link to Verbobanc it will show up on the overland map?

3. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

tried every variation again. Then went to a previous save and did that. Nothing seems to work for getting me to Verbobonc

4. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

I think I have a spell permanency problem. I killed Zuggy but my Fighter and Cleric now have these purple cloud effects from the battle and even after resting/healing/dispelling they won't go away. I even went to Jaroo to try and fix this but the cloud effects are still there.

5. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

and to answer your question. I do NOT hear a noise when I type it in and press enter

6. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

Just started a new game. "game.areas[14] = 1 " still doesn't work. I am running 7.1 NC. Is there an issue there? Do my characters need to be a certain level? Is there something I need to do with FRont End?

7. Gaear

Does the console actually open?

What version of the modpack is displayed on the load screen and/or in the Co8 section of in-game help?

Just to be clear, there is no need for "every variation" of a code, only the specific code I post (including spaces), exactly as it's posted. If that doesn't work, something's wrong and we'll go from there.

8. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

This console setting should over-ride any story conditionality - I know this is the case because there was at least one NC modpack that featured an unpopulated Verbobonc that you could visit after using the console command Gaear gave you.

Please go back to a brand new game and enter

game.areas[10]=1

Dekklo Grove should appear on your map

9. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

The console does open. I have tried other codes and they seem to work. I am currently running 7.1.0 NC. I have tried multiple times to enter the code as you posted. Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

10. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

I did as suggested. My new game spawned Deklo Grove. I then tried "game.areas[14]=1 and nothing.....argh.

11. Gaear

Please tell me what the load screen / Co8 in-game Help section says re: version number ...

12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I am yet to experience that issue.

13. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

My front end lists my version as 7.1.0 NC. Is this what you are asking for?

14. Gaear

No ... when you launch the game, a screen appears that has all the manufacturer logos - Atari, Troika, Wizards, etc. - a copyright notice, and a progress bar on the bottom. Under the copyright notice and over the progress bar is a version number for the Co8 modpack in blue letters. Eventually this screen disappears after the game loads.

Alternatively you could click on the Help icon in-game (little ? icon in the bottom right shuttle control), click on the Co8 link, and read the modpack version number.

I'm interested in learning which version of the mod the game thinks your playing, which will help us troubleshoot further.

15. Thanlok

Thanlok Member

I checked in both places you mentioned. I am running Circle of Eight Modpack Version 7.1.0 NC

Our Host!