Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chano

chano Established Member

Run as administrator could be the solution.

2. Veldan Rath

Veldan Rath Member

Thanks for the info! It did get me to the ToEE Front-End X screen, got all the way to the New Game/Load Game Screen, then locks up.

Any more suggestions? :)

3. chano

chano Established Member

have you changed resolution rate?
    That causes my game to freeze

4. Skillhunter

Skillhunter Member

Bug report

Hello community!

BUG REPORT for 6.1. NC:

The game doesn't work anymore, if I want to start a new game.
    I only can load a saved game.
    If I want to start a new game, the game crashes every time after I selected the party alignment. I don't know why.
    I did a downgrate to 5.9. NC and the game works again. So I replay the upgrate to 6.1. NC and I had the same problems.

Greetings

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Re: Bug report

Well without knowing more I can not tell you why your game is crashing. One thing that can cause it is if you did not fully activate the new module. Remember, you need to wait until it tells you it is done. If you do anything to disturb it, you can get a faulty install. Also if you console or use a game editor on your characters, that can cause it to crash. You may want to activate 6.1again and allow it time to work on the activation.

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Re: Bug report

I had the same problem starting a new game after I had edited a few characters using the TCE program.
    I think the game was crashing when it loaded the character info, (right after the alignment selection).

I had to go to my program files/Atari/Temple of Elemental Evil/Modules/ToEE/players folder and remove the edited characters, being sure to delete the .BAK, .ToEEPC and the text file for the edited characters, (3 files per character).

After I got rid of the edited characters I was able to start a new game.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Paladin falling in vanilla is really spotty. I think there's like five instances where you can fall.

There are all kinds of timed events going on in ToEE behind the scenes. :shrug:

We'll have a look at that.

Try reactivating the module.

Those types of issues seem to often come down to something like that.

8. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

What are they? I know there's the drinking contest and if you kill a good guy.
    Would it be possible to add more areas where paladins can fall, that would make more sense for them? (nulb stuff)

I was playing with my earth aligned cleric, and I found a bug using the Magic Stone spell. If you use it on a party member then all of your party characters will be stuck in their combat stance, and unable to talk to people (unless you use radial menu), use doors (I got stuck inside the inn), and I'm not sure but i think you would be unable to open chests as well. You can still do any other action as far as I'm aware of, like go to the world map, but it persists after you travel still. I found to fix this bug I had my cleric use his turning ability, it put everyone back into idle stance and were able to do every action again. Just to warn though.

Like the glitch where you can get a large shield on a dual wielding person, I found that if you use enlarge person or righteous might on a character, it will make some two handed weapons become one handed (my paladin's halbard became one handed when enlarge person was active on her), and then you can either equip another normally two handed weapon with the first, allowing you to dual wield some two handed weapons. Or you can have a two handed weapon "shrunk" and put a large shield on your person. Anyway, when the spell effect wears off and your person becomes normal size again, your inventory will not be changed and you keep your weapons arrangement until you unequip something. Exploitable bug/glitch? kinda like putting a big shield in for a buckler on a two hander.

Just asking, would it be possible to put a button in the game for inventories that would be "Sell All" or "Move All", for selling a full inventory to a vendor after a fight or stuffing a chest full of goodies. I'm sure everyone knows the feel of click and dragging every item in your inventory.

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I may be wrong. but I do not think this is possible. It sounds like it would take a coding change and the Mod crew may not have access to that, especially if it is a hard coding issue.

10. WinstonShnozwick

It's very possible. I enlarged my paladin so I could equip a large metal shield onto her with her halberd, and she's been normal size for quite some time now and still has a (two handed) halberd and a large metal shield.

I tried this with Scather and it remained a two handed weapon however. But I have wonnilon in my party and I gave him a gnome hooked hammer which is two handed for him, but I cast enlarge person on him so he could equip a wooden elvish shield. He's still got both equipped at normal size unless I change one of them. :D

11. WinstonShnozwick

Here, before and after picture. I didnt mean that the large shield becomes one handed if thats what you thought. The effect persists after enlarge person wears off unless you change the weapon or shield.

Attached Files:

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well that is a little unusual as in the past when my PC goes back to normal size the game would put the extra sized weapon/shield back in my inventory and not allow me to keep them as when the character was enlarged.

It can be murder when your dual wield character in enlarged and using large falchions and improved critical. :D Or even better with the Large Cleaver tweak for extra fun cleaving.

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

As near as I can tell, you fall when you drink in the contest at the Inn in Hommlet, have sex with Mary at the brothel in Nulb (though that may have been added by Ted), hit on Lodriss too hard at the Boatmens' Tavern in Nulb or go out to the docks with her, agree to kill Lodriss for Skole, or try to rob the random encounter adventuring party.

In Verbobonc now, on the other hand, you fall for killing any good-aligned NPC that didn't have it coming.

Adding buttons to the GUI is not something we can do, as far as I know.

14. WinstonShnozwick

I thought my pally would fall if I agreed to do any quest for the temple factions, or got chummy with them. :s

Also, I think I've read this before, but the Nulb house chests are buggy, the item placement in them screwed up on me and it looks all messed up scrolling through the chests inventory now, and it's infected my extraplanar chest as well and I'll assume other chests I try to use. Are there any helpful hints on how to be safe from this? (should I just not use those chests?)

15. florian1

florian1 Established Member

The extraplanar chest reorders your items every time you send it back to wherever it goes and then call it back. It has a set order that it follows, putting same and similar items together. So, for example, if the last item you put in was a longsword, the next time you open the chest, it will be near the top, as weapons seem to come first. Maybe the regular chests do the same on a map change or something like that. I don't use them much, so I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!