Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Just to let you know, the chest is STILL in the game with 6.1. So when your ready, download and activate the new version to play. :)

2. RockNRye

RockNRye Member

I'd get rid of Mcafee except for the fact that it is part of my internet package and i'm paying for it.

I had to go through hell trying to get online talking to a Filipino customer service representative of the phone company..I could only imagine trying to explain to another that i want to keep my service but quite the antivirus that comes with it.

Have you ever tried to talk to them?They just spout selling points and try to get you to buy services.

I'm going to close my eye's and wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first...beacause that is preferable to the above.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If you contact McAffee directly they will ask for a copy of the .exe and they will examine it. If they find it to be virus free they will add it to their next update as acceptable, this may take up to 3 weeks they said.

At least this is what they told me, even though I had paid for the full version of the AV and paid for their service monthly.

I have since then purchased AVG and it allows me to edit the acceptable/allowed list and I have not had any problems since then.

4. xraygord

xraygord Member

Hey all. I'm having a crash issue.

I'm using the latest version. 6.1 NC.

I am leaving the temple, I have 4 PCs and 4 NPCs. Elmo, Burne, Rufus and Otis. When I get to first level, Rufus leaves and I proceed to the exit. Regardless of whcih exit I take, the game always crashes to desktop.

I tried getting around this using different methods but no luck. I took Wonnilon into the party but it still kept crashing. Any advice? Has this been covered before?

Thanks.

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

No clear suggestion, as I do not use NPC's at all. but why not try to dismiss Rufus before you go down and see how things go. Try to travel somewhere else and then rest somewhere for a day. THEN try once more to go down into the temple and see if you still have a crash. You may have to go back a save or two and see if that helps with the crash problems.

6. sirchet

I thought 3 NPC's was the max you can take with 6.1.0.

If I'm wrong please tell me how you were able to take a fourth NPC.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Nothing was changed with NPC/PC ratios in 6.1. You set them like normal with the menu function in TFE-X.

@xraygord - have you used the console at all?

8. sirchet

That's what I thought. When I access that menu it lets me change the number of PC's but the NPC's is set at 3 and greyed out.

EDIT: I see now, when you change the number of PC's it automatically alters the number of NPC's to accommodate.

9. xraygord

xraygord Member

What do you mean by the console?

I will attempt cezmails suggestion now.

EDIT: OK, so far I determined that it was something that happened of the 2nd level that made the game crash.

I started at an earlier save which was outside the temple.

Here is what happened earlier with the crash...
    I already had the 1st cleared(mostly) so I went to the 2nd level via the spiral staircase. I started with the air elementals and proceeded to clear out a good portion of the level. I took quests for one of the priests and killed at least one. By this time I needed a safe place to rest, so I headed out, killing the minotaur along the way.

When I get to the 1st level Rufus leaves and the game crashes whenever I leave the 1st level to go to the main floor.

Now today,

Same thing, I head to the 2nd level via spiral stairs. This time I don't do much, I take out the air elementals, Run into the air priest, take his quest requests, and proceed out, killing the minotaur along the way. This time Rufus doesn't leave and the game doesn't crash.

As I continue clearing the second level, I will update if any more problems arise.

But, that will be later, hockey playoffs are just starting GO VANCOUVER!!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

If you have someone with access to the spell or who has a scroll, try to teleport out if your game is still crashing. You may also want to try to use another stair to climb up at and see if that helps with the crashing problems.

If not and you want to try, use the secret back way from level three and go out through the tower/burnt farmhouse. See if that may help to eliminate your crashing.

11. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Why doesnt your Paladin fall if you partake in the services at the brothel in nulb? That seems a bit more extreme than getting drunk.

time seems like an unlooked at part of TOEE. besides the two rescue encounters, can there be more time based events? it seems like something that could be taken advantage of, and make the game seem more real

12. xraygord

xraygord Member

As I stated earlier, the other exits make me crash as well. But like I said, I'm not having any problems at the moment.

Would Mordenkainens Faithful Hound cause problems? I had that cast when I crashed. What does that dog do anyway? He was just following me around not doing anything. Wouldn't help in battles or anything.

13. angeldust

angeldust Member

Probably, that hound crashed my game as well. When I left Hickory Branch with hound and get to a random encounter, game froze in the map screen, so i have to reset. Then I tried second time, again I came across a random encounter and game froze again. Third time I leave Hickory Branch but without Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound, I successfully reached Hommlet (no random encounters). In my playthrough, I experienced only two crashes on map changes and in those, I have the hound with me. I also never enter any map with the hound whole game, except those two times. So I'm suspect Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound is the reason.

14. Veldan Rath

Veldan Rath Member

I've gotten rid of McAfee. and gotten AVG.

I've reinstalled the Mod Pack and I still get:

Another instance of ToEE Front-End X is already running!

any ideas?

15. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Restart your computer. It works for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!