Circle of Eight Modpack v5.7 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Dec 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Which map are we talking about, precisely? One (or both) of the swamp maps?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, I think he means the infamous 'river road' (as well as the roadless version no doubt).

3. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I can almost swear that I was always able to loot bodies in any of the water based RE maps.

The "tab" key highlight always worked fine for me. However, most of those water RE were either pirates with only a little silver or gold or non-treasure bearing monsters. So re-vamping the RE seems to be an OK solution, unless you're a money grubber! :poke:

Now for the assassin and all his great loot, it may be best to keep him away from any water based RE maps, just to be safe.

4. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

i think in some parts of that map you can and in others you can't if I remember correctly.

5. Gaear

Bugs fixed/modifications made:

• Scythe long description now says Damage: 2d4.
    • Burne Badger dialog bug in node 130 fixed.
    • Sitra's Blasphemy spell fix added.
    • Added Scholar's Kit to Burne's inventory.
    • Added all of Ted's new items of the like to Ah Fong's inventory.
    • Removed Ah Fong's inventory respawn, which will hopefully fix the 'back-to-the old' inventory bug.
    • Altered Riana's disband dialog so she doesn't say "come back and get me if you want me again." Serena never actually did say that, incidentally.
    Re: Electric Jolt, that's actually one of the new optional Ted spells. If you want it to function completely normally, check his readme in the Co8 5.7 docs folder. It's not supposed to be fully implemented by default.

6. Gaear

Okay, I think I finally nailed the GWF/S text bug. Tell me, in the image below where you see "Greater Weapon Do-DAH" in the feat list, is that where the offending line normally occurs in-game?

Attached Files:

7. Gaear

:shrug: 4,150 gold for 'elven chain' is RAW per the 3.5 srd. They don't distinguish between the different types in ToEE though, which grant different bonuses. In ToEE they all fetch 4,150 gp.

@Ted or anybody who might know, can an item have a feat property? I can't find any instances in protos.tab where this is so, but the bracers should indeed grant bow proficiency per the srd and don't in ToEE.

8. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

if you do that, it should be noted that it should NOT give you the bonus to attack (and damage for greater variety) if it is the source of the weapon proficiency... it is an either/or situation. Either it grants proficiency, or you are already proficient and it grants a bonus to attack and damage (+1 to hit on lesser, +2 to hit and +1 to damage on greater).
    this sounds painfully hard to implement though... so it could always just grant both at the same time (proficiency and the bonuses)

9. Mortificator

Mortificator Member

Hey guys! I've been having a lot of fun with 5.7.2 beta, but several bugs have sprung up as well.

1. The game often crashes to desktop when traveling between locations on the world map. I believe this is the same bug as encountered in this thread, where Gaer suggested it was caused by a problem with the game trying to load one of the unique random encounters. I think he's right, and furthermore, I think that the assassin is the problem encounter. I've come across the caravan the gnolls wrecked, Zaxis, and the Party of Five (who I couldn't have a real conversation with, and two of them appeared in inaccessible regions of the map). The assassin's the only one left, isn't he? I still haven't met one on the world map, despite selling Lareth's boots (I may have sold them to Brother Smythe instead of the traders), enjoying Rannos Davl's housewarming party, and catching the assassins' leader Red-handed.

This problem can be somewhat avoided by making smaller trips on the map, such as going from Homlett to the Deklo Grove to Emridy Meadows to the temple, instead of directly from Homlett to the temple. Crashes can still happen on short trips, though, and I've encountered at least one when traveling between Homlett and the moathouse, and between Nulb and the temple. Crashes never happen when using the world map for fast travel between north/south/east Homlett, probably because the game doesn't check for random encounters.

The game won't crash when using teleport to move around the map. I use that spell pretty much every time I want to travel now, though that isn't a help to lower-level parties. It's too bad wands can't be made of fifth-level spells.

2. This bug occurs after being brought to Hendrak blindfolded, starting a fight with him, and winning. If you subsequently try to head north to the area where the fungal creatures are, the game will freeze. I tried the fight again (this time Iuz and Cuthbert didn't show up) and encountered the freeze again after winning. This can be avoided by leaving the temple and returning after the bodies of Hendrak and his cohorts have disappeared.

3. Iuz must have been shocked to see THREE Cuthberts show up to stop him. One appeared a few rounds after Iuz, with an additional Cuthbert manifesting each following round. The scripted encounter between Iuz and Cuthbert only happened after the third Cuthbert appeared. Iuz and a Cuthbert disappeared afterward, and one of the remaining Cuthberts vanished after talking to him. One Cuthbert remains, simply shouting "Iuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when approached.

4. After I originally declined to try Burne's riddles, he never offers again, despite the quest still showing up in the logbook. Burne also randomly says "hey, man, my slate is clean" or "can you spare a drink?" when initiating conversation.

5. The pair of orcs released in dungeon level 1 won't join if you decline their initial offer and go back later. Maybe this is intentional, but Pintark still says to ask Tuelk if you want them to join, yet there are no conversation options with Tuelk. I'm using 5 PCs and no NPCs, so there should be space for both of them.

6. After recruiting Serena, taking her ring of invisibility, and dismissing her, the game would crash to desktop when entering any location in Nulb. It happened a few times, then I got around it by getting Serena killed in battle and removing her from the party by clicking the icon in her portrait.

7. A couple of times, I've encountered a bug where the entire screen would go black if moved a certain distance away from where the party started on that map. It happened once one the ground floor of the Welcome Wench and once in the temple... dungeon level 2, I believe. I don't know how to duplicate this.

8. After fooling around with various wizard spells in the basement of the Welcome Wench, I found that my cleric's spells would all fail to work. The spells would all just puff-out as cast and no text appeared, while there normally would be some to tell you if the spell fizzled or failed a concentration check. No negative status effects were shown as inflicting the cleric, and the problem continued after resting for a large amount of time. I loaded an old save from before this happened to continue the game. I'm not quite sure how to duplicate this bug either.

9. I saved my favorite bug for last! One time, after the main menu came up, I went to click "load" without really watching what I was doing. I'm not sure where exactly I clicked, but instead of the load menu coming up... I somehow ended up in the tutorial, even though it's disabled with the modpack activated. The instructions that appear when entering a new section of the tutorial were replaced with the introductory texts from various game locations, even from disabled places like Welkwood Bog. I completed the tutorial and went on with my normal game. It was weird, but a nice change of pace.

I've also encountered savegame corruption, but that's apparently outside the scope of what mods can correct.

10. Gaear

Bug fix: I fixed the play-the-Troika-credit-slide-when-traveling-by-worlmap-within-towns bug in a cheap sort of way - just disabled the reference to the credit movies so they get bypassed. Still no idea why the game wants to play the slide there though, which really bothers me. :blegh:

11. Clementx

Clementx Member

By "cheap" I believe he means it costs the same as a regular chain shirt, ~100gp. Only Green has this incorrect selling price.

Another minor armor related bug: if you enchant Dwarven Plate above +1, it gains the proper AC bonus, but whenever you go into the Craft screen, it displays only "+1". You can spend money to re-enchant it over and over again.

And more relevant: Acid Fog (Sor/Wiz 6) disappears from your spellbook after selecting it. Its description is also broken, displaying a .mes file name and claiming it is an enchantment spell.

12. Gaear

Hm, not sure what to tell you. They're all listed as valued at 4,150 gp in their protos. Where do you see this bug?

Re: Acid Fog, I think that's an optional Ted spell too. Did you install all the necessary files per his instructions?

@Mortificator

1. That seems flukey, as it's not often reported. Thanks for the info though.

2. Temple level 4 is known for its freezing (commonly called "lag"), just like the nodes.

3. More flukeyness. ToEE's scripting system really does seem quirky.

4. That line sounds familar. I'll have a look (at the riddles too).

5. I'll have a look.

6. Weird.

8. Might be spell permanancy of the magic-inhibitor kind. Go have a talk with Jaroo.

9. Ha-ha, there is a little dot on the screen where you can still select the tutorial, yes. Guess you found it. That's why there's no tut in the modpack btw - we hijacked the description boxes for our area descriptions.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  13. Clementx

Clementx Member

Using v5.7.2, when selling Green Chain to any merchant. Oh, he will offer to sell it back to me at ~4150gp, but he only will pay 93gp for it.

14. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

You have to identify the elven chainmails to get the higher prices. They are generally well over 2000GP or more.

15. Clementx

Clementx Member

::feels really dumb:: I didn't realize I never identified them, since they don't default to "magic chainmail" like other unidentified items. So ignore that.

I've been searching for more info on why Acid Fog doesn't work for me, ie "Ted's extra spells", and I can't turn anything up. Can anyone shed more light on it?

Our Host!