Circle of Eight Modpack v5.6 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Sep 2, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack Bug Report Thread

Yeah, that will be fixed in 5.6.2: I tried to fix the exploit and broke something else doing it. Enlarge won't be perfect in 5.6.2, but it will be slightly less exploitable than before (no duel-wielding large weapons anymore).

2. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

1. State whether game is self-modded or not.
    minor changes to recruitable NPCs in protos.tab (not Burne)
    2. State your operating system, service packs, and anti-virus software.
    XP SP3, Avast
    3. State regional version of the game.
    English.
    4. State which version of Front End you're using.
    Latest - TFE-X v2.1
    5. State whether you're using barebones Co8 5.5.0 or an add-on pack.
    Co8 5.6.0 + 5.6.1 upgrade addon
    6. State your problem in as much detail as possible.

After only socializing at the Wench, Burne allows my level 1 solo wizard to talk about completing the Moathouse and the directions to Nulb.

Also, 100gp were not deducted when my wizard summoned her familiar.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

short description of the feat precise shot says "with taking the penalty".
    The long description correctly says "without taking the penalty"

Actually, a lot of things have incorrect descriptions or no description at all, wasn't there a project to get proper in game documentation on everything? Is it still around? I'd be happy to volunteer for it.

4. taltamir

not self modded; adjusted cfg file to enable complex shadows and set resolution to 1680x1050
    Windows 7 64bit RTM gold ultimate; NOD32 antivirus
    English.
    Latest - TFE-X v2.1

The masterwork stores just don't work.
    In homlet:
    1. The leatherworker masterwork store had masterwork items when it opened, i bought one and sold it some stuff, later I came back to find it has not a single masterwork item.
    2. Brother Smythe masterwork store replaced his normal store, like the leatherworker it started out with masterwork items, but then it "updated" and they all disappeared.
    3. The woodworker masterwork store was the worst of them all, after doing the deklo quest and waiting a weak and he agreed to let me see his masterwork items... as this point his store was replaced with one that contained: gold, silver, platinum (he will not sell those three) and a spear I think. His normal store was gone, and there are no masterwork items.

In nulb, the smith had masterwork items, at first, but then they all disappeared and never came back...

This is a huge step back from the system where you used a dialogue to make brother smyth create whatever masterwork item you desired (oh, and the store system in this game utterly sucks; but nothing modders can do about that).

It would be really cool if you could custom order an item via dialogue where basically it means it will be added to the store within X days... but even if not, it would be great if it just worked at all.

Bug 2:
    Certain armors, like the elven purple (maybe green too, and I think studded leather), do not actually limit / or do not correctly limit the dex bonus when used by an elf rogue (listed limit is +4 dex bonus, but it allows +5 and +6); resulting in illegally high AC. Using something like a full plate DOES correctly limit the dex bonus to +1 (at least in terms of armor).

Bug 3:
    If a cleric and a wizard both have scribe scroll, and both scribe a scroll of the same spell (that is both a wizard and cleric spell).
    A wizard would be unable to learn the spell from the cleric scroll, and able to do so with the wizard scroll...
    That is, unless you give both scrolls to one character... when you do so, they stack and it shows you having two instances of that scroll. whether a wizard can learn that spell from those scrolls depends on which scroll you gave him first, did you stack a cleric scroll on top of a wizard one, or a wizard scroll on top of a cleric scroll.

Bug 4:
    XP no longer scales based on an individual character's level. If a party of 4 level 6 characters and 1 level 5 crafter wizard kill some enemies, they now all receive identical XP. IIRC, in unmodded TOEE it is more XP for lower level characters, which is correct by RAW and RAI - otherwise crafting becomes prohibitive; but I believe the change to be accidental regression introduced due to overhauling XP system (XP now being awarded at end of battle, instead of during battle for each individual kill).
    EDIT: Did some more testing, now it seems to work correctly, restart really does fix everything :)... also maybe I was just on crack and misreading the exact numbers. I will make note of it if I see it again.
    EDIT2: Ok this is odd... right after fighting a giant crayfish (gave different XP amount to different level characters) I alt-tabbed and made edit1, I then maximized the game again, and rested.. I encountered lizardmen and after killing them I noticed that I got equal XP to all characters from them, even though some characters are different level... what gives?
    TOEE XP Bug.png
    EDIT3: skeletons in general seem to give equal XP to all as well. I found more creatures that give scaling XP... should I start a list of which creatures give scaling XP and which give flat XP?

Bug 5: Rianna in the brothel has a bugged out dialogue, it is all over the place and assumes I know things I haven't. I think the girl outside with the gypsy is her sister because when I get her with me rianna will join me and insinuate something (plus i remember a few tidbits from early mods) but the whole thing just doesn't work right. The girl outside will not speak to me about her woes after I buy her freedom... so the whole thing is just weird. Oh yea, and if I first take care of the lesbian girl by convincing the brothel matron that she can turn tricks for female customers, she will not give me a chance to look into the issues with the other girl. AND you have to hire her for the night for her to even give you the quest... odd.

Bug 6 (maybe?):
    There is no way to "betray" the two traders in homlet after extorting them, you apparently cannot fathom lying to them for an item and then turning them in. And the magic shortsword +1 they give sells for a tiny tiny fraction of its value, unlike other magic items.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  5. puckstop98

puckstop98 Member

I'm new here. The mods for this game are great. Thanks for all of your work.

1. Game is not self-modded
    2. Windows Xp SP 2, Avast 4.8 Anti-virus software
    3. Game is using no-CD hack (33 kb version) and Co8 5.6.1 patch. I also have the KotB module installed but not active
    4. Game is US Region (I bought it at launch)
    5. Using TFE-X version 2.2

6. I've have been experiencing combat freezing in Emiridy Meadows while fighting undead in the bottom right hand corner of the map. One of my female characters (typically my druid or rogue) will fire off a ranged attack and then the game locks up. If you click the red end turn button on the timing bar, it goes gray and everything just waits. You also can't hit escape to the menu.

When I went back to the 5.6.0 Beta the problem also occurred (though not 100% of the time).

Thanks.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@taltamir, post 177:

1. We are aware of the inventory respawn bug. The cabinet maker guy's is especially goofy because his day/night standpoints are screwed up. These will be fixed in the next release. The Nulb one is new to me though.

5. Rianna's dialog has been buggy from the outset, but not from any Co8 modding as near as I can tell from a cursory glance. It could definitely use an overhaul though.

7. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

taltamir,

I think this "bug" may simply be due to the CR of the creatures you were fighting. The giant crayfish has a higher CR than the lizardmen (or skeletons) do, so the XP awards are scaled differently for your level 5/level 6 characters.

8. Provodnik

Provodnik Member

1. Game is not self-modded
    2. XP sp3, AVG antivirus
    3. I followed complete instruction for 5.6 modpack, and istalled ToEE FE

When i start as CHaotic Neutral i cant pass intro, the 2nd chest is locked and i cant open it (i can open it in vanilla version)

Wizard and Sorcer can use magic mislle 5x in one hit, and it should be 1

I need help on ToEE 2.0 crack, i downloaded 33kb verison and its not working. I found some tip on turning off AVG, but when i turn it off it still wont work.
    I got "Error executing program"
    WHen i download ToEE, installer is on Italian, and in game folder complete guide is on Italian. But game is on english
    Is that problem, itallian version and crack is 2.0 Eng?
    Tnx

9. taltamir

so, if the CR is below a certain amount, it no longer scales by level? I thought it just goes down until it reaches 0 XP for something 10 levels below you... Not suddenly "equalize" for the party... what is the formula?

10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

According to the 3.0 DMG, CR1 monsters (skeleton) give 300 XP for parties (characters) level 1-6, 263 XP for parties (characters) level 7, 200 XP for level 8's, and 0 above level 8. Lizardmen are CR2 (I think) so they give 500 XP to level 5 and 450 XP to level 6, and Giant Crayfish is I believe a CR4, which gives 1000 XP to level 5 and 900 XP to level 6. Now ToEE did a few wonky things to the XP awards (off the top of my head, I think they reduced the awards to 70% of RAW, and obviously awards are handed out by character level, not average party level as the DMG dictates.) But the basic premise is the same, and it looks to me like the scaling is about what it should be for characters of your levels.

I also think the XP scale is broken for characters above level 10 - since Troika capped the game at level 10, they also capped the XP scale there - so level 15 characters get the same XP for an encounter as level 10 characters do when they should get much less, which probably affects Gaear's balance issues somewhat - characters level faster above 10 than they should. But that's a different issue, I guess...

11. taltamir

not self modded; adjusted cfg file to enable complex shadows and set resolution to 1680x1050
    Windows 7 64bit RTM gold ultimate; NOD32 antivirus
    English.
    Latest - TFE-X v2.1

My bard can cast an infinite amount of cantrips.

12. Basil the Timid

Infinite? Or is your bard just using higher level spell slots (assuming not 1st level character)? This is allowed according to the rules.

13. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

My female mage shot a zombie with a crossbow for 0 damage. The zombie said in an air bubble 'Watch it dad'. Weird

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That line is from KotB, the lizardmen babies: seems to have gotten mixed up with the zombie "brains!" line. Not sure about the 0 damage.

15. Basil the Timid

0 damage is the result of DR5/slashing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!