Circle of Eight Modpack v5.6 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Sep 2, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtl42

rtl42 Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack Bug Report Thread

1) unmodified Co8 Modpack 5.6.0 BETA
    2) Windows XP Home, SP2, F-Secure Anti-Virus 8.10
    3) US version
    4) TFE-X ver.2.2
    5) barebones Co8 Modpack 5.6.0 BETA (not sure how this is different from (1)...?)
    6) a few bugs, this time:
    (a) confirming the bug in post #135 (projectiles freeze at launch; Action Bar greys out and combat gets stuck). however, this happened only with the skeletons near the Rainbow Rock, in Emridy Meadows..
    (b) Also in Emridy Meadows, only around the Rainbow Rock: when i clicked on a spot on the ground to move a character, they would run between 2-5 steps and then stop for no reason. Once I got away from the Rainbow Rock, movement went back to normal.
    (c) A Tolub bug. I talked to and challenged Tolub with my monk. My monk:
    - is unarmed
    - is not equipped with any magical items
    - does not have any magical spells cast on him
    - is checked to do non-lethal damage
    i get the first round, and attack, but regardless of whether i hit or miss, when my turn ends, combat always ends, and Tolub gives his "i win you lose" dialogue, and the quest is "botched".

now I don't know the ins-and-outs of what dialogues with which characters trigger what possible reactions/bugs with Tolub, but allow me to try to list what seems to be relevant:
    - i just showed up to Nulb, and the first place i went to was the boatman tavern; didn't talk to anyone along the way.
    - in the tavern, i first talked with Skole, used the Sense Motive (i think?) dialogue path to try to get him to open up about the pirates, but couldn't get anything outta him, so finished the conversation.
    - then i talked with Lodriss, i think i grilled her for w/e info i could, like herself, Tolub, etc.
    - then i talked with Bertram, asked him everything i could about his life and Tolub.
    - finally i got to Tolub and challenged him (then the bug happened).

i've seen other posts/threads about Tolub bugs, but most of them were about him calling you out as a cheater, or involved you knocking him out; however, since i had neither of these happen, i thought that perhaps this is a new variation of an old bug.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Just to repeat what I said above (post #136), I fought the rainbow rock fight many times over (and surrounding critters) and could not replicate what is being said. That doesn't mean you folks haven't experienced a bug, it just means its not something that can easily be fixed atm. I think Gaear is going to do some work on that map anyway.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

1. State whether game is self-modded or not.
    Just the DLL Hack.
    2. State your operating system, service packs, and anti-virus software.
    Vista (no SP?), ESET NOD32
    3. State regional version of the game.
    English.
    4. State which version of Front End you're using.
    Latest - TFE-X v2.1
    5. State whether you're using barebones Co8 5.5.0 or an add-on pack.
    Co8 5.6.0 + 5.6.1 upgrade addon
    6. State your problem in as much detail as possible.

• The Cabinet Maker's shop inventory gets broken, probably because of the night/day cycle transfer. His shop inventory becomes his personal inventory (which does appear to respawn). Possibly triggered by bartering with him while he is upstairs.

• The enlarge person fix is flawed - it unequips legitimately held greatswords, at least. (I assume it'd be the same for any other large weapon, from looking at the script). The script should be fixed to not unequip normal sized characters who wield a single large weapon with both hands, and a contingency should probably be added for the Giant character as well.

• There is an unarmed bugbear in Moathouse - the one behind the northern door in the Bugbear room. It makes his attack provoke AoOs.

• Furnok's ring ought to be made IDed - he should be able to use it without paying for the ID...

4. Shiningted

Grrr... ok, fixing the Enlarge thing should be straightforward, thats a fair call. Armario is mentioned in the docs as not being fixed as daynight changes need a new game, and I was specifically trying to avoid changes that needed a new game. (Though I guess changing it and throwing it in won't hurt none neither). And I noticed the Furnok thing, thats one of the weird new issues we are having with mobs that led to the demise of the first Less Humble NPCs effort (which has now been done by script). I'll look at it again: I just made a new alchemical item anyway, so its time for a new patch :p

I do believe I missed that bugbear in my current game though, so I can go look at him straight away :wave: Thanks Sitra.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Strange, I actually ran into two unarmed bugbears in the Moathouse. :scratchhe

6. Sitra Achara

Could be that I only noticed one being unarmed.

7. Sitra Achara

Just the DLL Hack.
    English.
    Latest - TFE-X v2.1

• Alrrem's dialogue is a little borked, it seems - if you are recruited by Wat, he keeps bringing up the 'Ah, so Wat finally brought new recruits' node when you talk to him. Suggested fix: the infamous has_met condition.

Code:
    def san_dialog( attachee, triggerer ):
        triggerer.turn_towards(attachee)            ## added by Livonya
        attachee.turn_towards(triggerer)            ## added by Livonya
        if ( anyone(triggerer.group_list(),"has_follower",8040) and (game.global_flags[192] == 0) ): #Ashrem is in party
            triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 860 )
        elif ( (game.global_flags[115] == 1) and (game.global_flags[116] == 1) and (game.global_flags[125] == 0) ):
            triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 400 )
    [B]    elif (game.global_flags[92] == 1): # Recruited by Wat
            if (not attachee.has_met(triggerer)):
                triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 200 )
            else:
                triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 300 )[/B]

else:
            triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 300 )

• Edit: Also got Jerkstop now. Party members are levels 8-10. Started after doing the Fire Temple (salamanders) and returning to Hommlet. Have used Globe of Invulnerability (which has caused me other trouble in the past, dunno if it's really related - just saying).

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  8. Sitra Achara

Just the DLL Hack.
    English.
    Latest - TFE-X v2.1

• Black Jay's dialogue -In node {130}, there is no response for low INT in a non-good/lawful/TN party:
    Code:
    {130}{Great mother! My wife's ring! Where did you find it?}{Great mother! My wife's ring! Where did you find it?}{}{}{}{}
    {131}{I found it at Emridy Meadows in the belly of a large brown bear.}{}{8}{game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_EVIL or game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_EVIL or game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_EVIL}{140}{}
    {132}{I found it in the Deklo grove in the gullet of a giant spider.}{}{8}{game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_GOOD or game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_GOOD or game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_GOOD}{140}{}
    {133}{I found it at the Moathouse in the stomach of a giant frog.}{}{8}{game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_NEUTRAL or game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_NEUTRAL or game.party_alignment == TRUE_NEUTRAL}{140}{}
    {134}{Never mind where I found it. What will you give me for it?}{}{8}{game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_EVIL or game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_EVIL or game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_EVIL or game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_NEUTRAL}{140}{}
    {135}{You ought not to hear about such things, Black Jay. Your grief is punishment enough.}{}{1}{game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_GOOD or game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_GOOD or game.party_alignment == NEUTRAL_GOOD or game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_NEUTRAL or game.party_alignment == TRUE_NEUTRAL}{140}{}

Suggested fix:

Code:
    {130}{Great mother! My wife's ring! Where did you find it?}{Great mother! My wife's ring! Where did you find it?}{}{}{}{}
    {131}{I found it at Emridy Meadows in the belly of a large brown bear.}{}{8}{game.party_alignment & ALIGNMENT_EVIL != 0}{140}{}
    {132}{I found it in the Deklo grove in the gullet of a giant spider.}{}{8}{game.party_alignment & ALIGNMENT_GOOD != 0}{140}{}
    {133}{I found it at the Moathouse in the stomach of a giant frog.}{}{8}{game.party_alignment & (ALIGNMENT_GOOD | ALIGNMENT_EVIL) == 0}{140}{}
    {134}{Never mind where I found it. What will you give me for it?}{}{8}{game.party_alignment & ALIGNMENT_EVIL != 0 or game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_NEUTRAL}{140}{}
    {135}{You ought not to hear about such things, Black Jay. Your grief is punishment enough.}{}{8}{game.party_alignment & ALIGNMENT_GOOD != 0 or game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_NEUTRAL or game.party_alignment == TRUE_NEUTRAL}{140}{}
    {136}{Me forget. Is that impotent?}{}{-7}{}{140}{}
    {137}{Me find somewhere. What you give for it?}{}{-7}{game.party_alignment & ALIGNMENT_EVIL != 0 or game.party_alignment == CHAOTIC_NEUTRAL}{140}{}

• Captain's Renton dialogue, typo in node {10} - female text
    Code:
    {10}{Is that so? Well I'm just an old farmer. I mostly answer to Rufus nowadays. On most things, that is.}{id he? Well I'm just an old farmer. I mostly answer to Rufus nowadays. On most things, that is.}{}{}{}{}
    Suggested fix:
    Code:
    {10}{Is that so? Well I'm just an old farmer. I mostly answer to Rufus nowadays. On most things, that is.}{Is that so? Well I'm just an old farmer. I mostly answer to Rufus nowadays. On most things, that is.}{}{}{}{}

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I've confirmed the Tolub brawl bug and the Brother Smyth masterwork respawn bug.

10. Obadiah

Obadiah Member

1. not self modded, toee patches 1 &2
    2. windows xp, sp2, avg anti virus
    3. US - still have the box :)
    4. front end 2.2
    5. mod pak 5.6, no other mods
    6. I've played through this game a bajillion times. wish I could remember all the bugs. here's the ones I CAN remember from my latest run on 5.6:

8 people in the party up front, if you try to access the party "book" in the inn at hommlet or in nulb the game crashes... no switching out party members apparently.

when fighting the balrog in the fire node if you get feared and run but still have a standard action or more left on your "green/yellow" action bar, if you right click your character (whatever one) it only brings up the abilities available of the first character in your party list. For me, that was my fighter/rogue face character, who basically got to use wands/potions on other peoples turns (or what was left of their turns) multiple times. Also, with 8 in the party at level 12 (cap is 16, but with no xp I'll never get there, everything else is dead, I can't seem to come close to beating that darn balrog!)

In addition, the endless summon ability on the orb for earth elementals also applied to the demons somehow in that fight. my nn rogue has the orb and summoned them all up before I talked with him (yeah, prefight summons). So I talk to the balrog and engage the battle. get feared, she runs away and the next turn I select the orb from the radial menu and bam, all the demons and elementals are there to summon again. So, I do, and I still can't kill that darn balrog. Also note, all this went down during the aformentioned bug about being able to use my half turns (from feared party members).

About to run through again, maybe with all fighters (did that before, it's a blast). Oh, yes, another bug: improved weapon specialization does not work. It regives you greater weapon focus (but it doesn't stack). It basically wastes your feat if you select it. The weapons are all greyed out but you can still click on one and choose it.

Hope this helps, I'll report more as they come. Also, this listing SHOULD be under a 5.6 column of its own, not tacked on to the end of a 6 page 5.5 thread. (no complaints though, you guys all rule!) :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  11. rtl42

rtl42 Member

1) unmodified Co8 Modpack 5.6.0 BETA
    2) Windows XP Home, SP2, F-Secure Anti-Virus 8.10
    3) US version
    4) TFE-X ver.2.2
    5) barebones Co8 Modpack 5.6.0 BETA
    6) In the Earth Elemental Node, there is a cave, just to the north of the Water Elemental portal, that has 2 crystal oozes. Every time I go there and trigger a battle with the crystal oozes, my game completely locks up within roughly 30 seconds of triggering the battle, and after a minute, my computer shuts itself down.

I haven't had any trouble with crystal oozes elsewhere, so it seems localized to this particular encounter. I'm not sure what else is relevant to add, so I'll leave it at that for now.

12. Shiningted

You've encountered Oozes elsewhere? Where else are there Crystal Oozes?
    My fault: for memory, I activated that to see if it would work and got the same thing you said. It should be deactivated.

13. rtl42

rtl42 Member

Sorry, I should've specified that there was only one other crystal ooze that I'd encountered.

My party's Ego log says I killed that crystal ooze on Month 6, Day 16, 7:48, and the Key log says that I picked up Hedrack's key at Month 6, Day 16, 7:39... so although i don't specifically remember it, it seems likely that there's a crystal ooze among the oozes guarding Hedrack's 4 chests.

if that's not the case, then maybe it's hiding in the room behind the chests, with the Ascomids? but that doesn't sound right to me, because I don't remember fighting anything after the ascomids.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  14. Shiningted

No, thats cool - as long as you are sure you fought one of those specifically (good idea looking in the ego section). I couldn't remember where there were any others.

15. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

There is a ooze in the chest room and 2 in the moathouse respawn. There's a little bit of everything in the chest room so it would be kind of hard to remember what all you have to fight. Trolls, puddings, fungi, jellies, etc. Quite a mob in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!