Circle of Eight Modpack v5.5 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Nov 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackwind

blackwind Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.x + CMF Bug Report Thread

Sorry, I wasn't all that clear. The worldmap screen subsequently freezes when I try to go to Nulb.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

Has anyone else had jerk-stop disappear entirely? I saw it for the first time yesterday (horrible!), but when I went back to Hom today, I had no problems navigating anywhere on the map.

Not modded
    XP, SP3, AVG
    US English
    X 2.2
    barebones

3. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

Using COE Mod Pack 5.5.0 Beta with TOEE Front End-x v 2.1 on WinXP SP3 no other mods.

Not sure if it is expected behavior or not, but Renton will not offer up the Welkwood Bog story and map if Elmo is in the party. If you first approach Renton with Elmo he'll make some "Drunk again, Eh Elmo? Think of your poor mother!" type comment and will not tell the story. I reloaded game, dumped Elmo, approached Renton again and I did get the Welkwood story from him (and encountered the other errors previously reported with traveling to Temple Tower when going straight from dialog.)

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0123 - [v5.5.0] Renton won't give Welkwood Bog location if Elmo's in the party - Rejected (Not a bug)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's as intended. Can't remember exactly why atm - maybe because a 4th level guy like Elmo would quickly solve all your problems at WWB.

Actually no, I remember now: there is the potential for some very unpleasant dealings with Renton, depending on your alignment, and it wouldn't make any sense for Elmo to be a party to that against his dad. It's probably a combination of the two things, ultimately.

Wish I could remember all the 'whys' for everything in modding, but I've found that its generally better not to go against something that later doesn't immediately make sense, because there was probably some good reason for doing it that way originally.

5. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

Gaear,

Thanks for confirming. I suspected something like that might be the case (in his chat, Renton does mention they're keeping it quite from the town, so perhaps such knowledge is best not shared with his drunken son...) Being relatively new to the forum I just wanted to bring it up in case it was not intended.

And speaking of such matters - I just finished the game and - to the best of my knowledge - was never presented any dialog for going to or enabling the "Hickory Branch", so I'm not sure who I missed talking to what I didn't pickup to enable that, but I was able to get to all the other locations (Welkwood, Verbobonc, etc.) If anyone wants to send me private message on what I probably did wrong and how to visit that location I'd appreciate it.

6. Cortillaen

Cortillaen The Newbie

WinXP SP3, Symantec AV (tested w/ disabled)
    TOEE US, patch 2
    TOEE FE-x v2.2
    Co8 v5.5.0 beta, no add-ons or other modding

Half an hour of searching (all threads with both "chain" and "lightning", and the first 10 with each separately) turned up nothing on this, so I figured I ought to report it. If I just missed it, kindly point me in the right direction.

Chain Lightning crashes the game when cast with more than 12 targets. The particle effects on the caster's hands show, then the game crashes, complete with "Do you want to report..." dialog, just before the actual bolt animation shows. I tested this on two groups of enemies, a 15-troll ambush (where I was thinking "Hey, I've got a shiny, new Maximized Chain Lightning to try out" :anger:) and a mixed group of 15 kobolds and goblins (are ambush spawns limited to 15 or something?). In both cases, Chain Lightning worked fine with up to 12 targets, but caused the crashing with anything above that (tested up to 19 targets by using my teammates :evil_laug).

I don't imagine this is a big issue at the moment, given the intended level range for TOEE and even the Co8 mod, but the new content on the way (please? :dribble:) might bring it into focus.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0126 - [v5.5.0] Chain Lightning crashes the game when cast with more than 12 targets - Acknowledged

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  7. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

I can confirm this. What I did to prevent the bug from happening is leave the Moathouse and go to *Hommlet* instead of Nulb. Then I headed to Nulb from Hommlet.

-Mike

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thread is closed in order to put a lid on potential bugs to be fixed for 5.6. A 5.6 bug report thread will appear after release. Thank you all for your assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!