Circle of Eight Modpack v5.5 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Nov 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felixthm

felixthm Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.x + CMF Bug Report Thread

I'm running the unmodified, default co8 modpack. Installed no service packs, using Mcafee anti-virus. Using the US version, installed patch 1 and patch 2 properly. Using the new TOEE Front-end X and I'm running the barebones CO8 mod pack, no other add-ons.

I have 3, I believe.

1) Orb of Golden Death. After I tell Burne about it, he just tells me he is working on it, and even after loading it with the 4 elemental gems he's still "researching it". I do not know why. I assembled all the items necessary and he still says he's "researching it", and Pishella likewise is unaware of what to do with Orb. This is also in a chaotic good party. In addition, my sorcerer is unable to use the Orb of golden death at all. The Cleric and even the fighters/rogue are able to use it but my sorcerer is not able to use the Orb.

2) Prince Thrommel, despite leaving the temple safe and sound with my party's aid, never shows up with my Scather and money and prizes; and in the end-game narrative, they mention that he "was locked in the temple and became a Vampire". Yet I had freed him a month before I went to kill Zuggtomoy and I vaguely remember him thanking my party for the rescue while leaving the temple. This was with a Chaotic Good party, I left the temple by the lv 1 exit, and didn't touch any of his inventory.

3) Still spell doesn't work. It takes up a lvl 4 slot all right, but it doesn't function as still spell at all. Moreover, in the spell memorizing section when you apply metamagic feats to spells, still spell shows up as "quicken spell" once you try to metamagic it. Sadly, the spell is neither quickened nor stilled and simply becomes a lvl 3 spell taking up a lvl 4 slot but functioning purely as a lvl 3. Party is lawful good, Gnome Wizard.

Great game btw guys, looking forward to more =)

There's yet to be a monster that is a pure brute, the guardians and Zuggtmoy are too busy casting spells to actually attack my characters, it'd be cool if there was a really powerful demon which had mainly physical traits like hp/DR/high dmg dealing/many attacks, instead of simply spamming fear/summon/death spells.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0106a - [v5.5.0] Burne never stops researching orb - Rejected (False)
    #0106b - [v5.5.0] Thrommel never gives reward - Rejected (False)
    #0106c - [v5.5.0] Still Spell doesn't work - Acknowledged

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  2. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I am using XP SP3, TFE-X2.1, 5.5.0 and no fiddle faddle.

I met Alrrem, got mentioned Oolgrist quest (1), killed Belsornig to finish Romag's and Kelno's quests, cleared Temple 4, picked up Ashrem, cleared nodes, came back to talk to Alrrem.

I cannot get Alrrem (dlg line 770) to react to Ashrem in my party. He does, however, in a different situation react to Thrommel.
    Ashrem (dlg line 230) also does not react to his brother's presence. Ashrem also allows dialog choices for saying Alrrem is dead and that "Perhaps I can arrange [Alrrem's death]" (lines 190 - 194).
    see also http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3037&highlight=Ashrem

Ashrem does not butt into conversation with Taki and vice-versa.

Quite unsatisfying after dragging his butt out of the Nodes.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0107a - [v5.5.0] Alrrem and Ashrem don't acknowledge each other - Acknowledged
    #0107b - [v5.5.0] Taki and Ashrem don't acknowledge each other - Acknowledged

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  3. Basil the Timid

The Manyshot penalty is listed as -2 instead of -4. More specifically, this was tested with Taki at 10th level, both with and without Rapid Shot checked (which shouldn't have had any effect).

At 11th level, he should get a third arrow; this does not occur and the penalty stays at -2 (rather than -6)

The range seems a bit limited - it should be 30'

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0108 - [v5.5.0] Manyshot feat is troublesome - Acknowledged

4. Basil the Timid

Having "human" Darley should not cause townspeople to be uncooperative. According to the 3.5 SRD regarding Polymorph:
    The subject’s creature type and subtype (if any) change to match the new form.

Thus, protos.tab should be modified to reflect this. I can assist if you would like.
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?p=82427#post82427
    Any discussion about this should be put on that thread rather than this one.

P.S. According to 1st edition stats of alu-demon, they can shapechange to human form. Shapechange was and still is a 9th level spell.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0109 - [v5.5.0] Townspeople are uncooperative with human form Darley - Acknowledged

5. Basil the Timid

I believe it should be considered a bug that Y'dey and Murfles cannot be brought into your party if you have no other NPCs besides Otis. The dlg makes sense only if you have the standard 5PC party. However, because Front-end allows us to increase the number of NPCs.....

You are welcome to view what I discovered about this issue on this thread, post #30

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0110 - [v5.5.0] Y'dey and Murfles cannot be brought into your party if you have no other NPCs besides Otis - Rejected (Not really a bug)

6. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

I'm running ToEE + Patch2 + 5.5.

Bug: Halfling monks aren't proficient with small quarterstaves.

This might apply to all monks or to other classes. Could also be that the weapon is coded as simple but that limited weapon proficiencies (e.g., wizard, monk, druid) don't include it on the list even when normal quarterstaff would be there.

Last night I made (for some reason) a halfling monk and wanted her to use a staff. After found that normal quarterstaves were too big for her, I went searching for a small quarterstaff in the console (remembering I had seen one before on an earlier playthrough).

I couldn't find the code for a regular small quarterstaff so I gave myself the masterwork version. Feel free to add a normal version if it's not in there (or let me know the code). Anyway, upon using code 4214 she had the staff but couldn't use it. I wonder if giving her simple weapon proficiency would fix it.

thanks!

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0111 - [v5.5.0] Halfling monks aren't proficient with small quarterstaves - Rejected (In the Atari bug list)

7. Basil the Timid

Atari Bug 406
    Confirmed
    My halfling druid was not proficient in the "small quarterstaff" I bought off the smith in hommlet, but my human druid was.

You may want to check the Atari Buglist 500+ Sticky Thread in addition to this one when posting bugs.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, the weapon proficiency for a 'small quarterstaff' is just 'quarterstaff'. Thats peculiar.

9. Basil the Timid

Edit: The stats below apply to this and all my previous bug posts.

1. NOT self-modded
    2. XPSP3, AMD 64X2 dual core 4200+, 2.21 GHz, 2.00 RAM, Avast 4.8
    3. Taiwan, but uses all English
    4. TFE-X 2.1
    5. barebones Co8 5.5.0
    6. Death Ward does not protect vs Bodak Gaze (Su).

The wording of the spell DOES NOT use language stating to treat the result as if the spell had failed a spell resistance check. That is important because supernatural abilities are not subject to spell resistance.

More information can be found on the General Commentary and Discussion Thread post 147.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0114 - [v5.5.0] Death Ward does not protect vs Bodak Gaze (Su) - Acknowledged

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

A few posts recently moved to the ToEE forum discussion thread ...

Please keep in mind that if you want to post lulz type comments on something you read here, you should quote it for context and then post your reply in the ToEE forum thread. This thread is not for banter, it's for bug reports and limited specific discussion only.

ALSO, from now on, your bug report posts MUST conform to the following format:

1. State whether game is self-modded or not.
    2. State your operating system, service packs, and anti-virus software.
    3. State regional version of the game.
    4. State which version of Front End you're using.
    5. State whether you're using barebones Co8 5.5.0 or an add-on pack.
    6. State your problem in as much detail as possible.

Note that the above structure means that each bug report post must include numbers 1 -6. It does not mean that you can skip numbers or combine info from different numbers into one line that I must then untangle.

Why do I have to state the same things over and over again, you ask? The answer is, if you don't, how do I know your situation hasn't changed? You're making me do part of your thinking for you by not submitting a complete report in the format requested from the beginning.

Please take a moment to review all this again. I'm serious here. If I see a report that does not contain numbers 1 -6 from this point forward, it will go straight to the ToEE forum discussion thread.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  11. Basil the Timid

1. NOT self-modded
    2. XPSP3, AMD 64X2 dual core 4200+, 2.21 GHz, 2.00 RAM, Avast 4.8
    3. Taiwan, but uses all English
    4. TFE-X 2.1
    5. barebones Co8 5.5.0
    6. Pointed Hat causes crash after bink video of Willip Church burning (and Temple of Hextor).

I tested my gnome's equipment rather methodically to find out which article it was. It is the green "pointed hat" that is the culprit.

I can also confirm that gnome sorcerers are not proficient with small quarterstaffs. I believe the remedy is easy - add the proficiency to PC protos, but I have not attempted this myself since I want to keep a clean protos just for you, Gaear.

Related information regarding halfling racial to hit bonuses and PC protos can be found here post #6.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0116a - [v5.5.0] Pointed Hat causes crash after bink video of Willip Church burning - Acknowledged
    #0116b - [v5.5.0] gnome sorcerers are not proficient with small quarterstaffs - Acknowledged

12. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

(NO)

(Windows Vista SP 1, Norton Antivirus)

(English)

(Latest - version X)

(Barebones)

(1. Zaxis does not appear to have weapon proficiency: Elf. He can't use longbows but he did take point blank shot and precise shot)

(2. Portraits for the fiendish dire hawk and the owl summon are people. The fiendish dire hawk looks like Pishella for me but the avatar is fine. The owl looks like a little boy - in photo and in actual, in-game avatar, too! I have a screenshot if you want it. Both of these occurrences happened while I was on the moathouse map shortly after having left Hommlet for the first time)

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0117a - [v5.5.0] Zaxis does not appear to have weapon proficiency: Elf - Rejected (Zaxis is a half elf and shouldn't have it)
    #0117b - [v5.5.0] Portraits for the fiendish dire hawk and the owl summon are people - Rejected (Unable to confirm)

13. HeroForge

HeroForge Member

First off this is great Mod pack. I was glad when I finally decided to revisit the game and actually got the game to run on Vista using the New Front End and saw there was a more recent version of your work.

My Specs

[No Mods]
    [Win Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1 - McAfee 2009(Running)]
    [US English]
    [ToEE Front End X 2.2]
    [Barebones 5.5.0 no add on packs. I do have KotB installed but don't know if that matters

I have read the bug reports with Welkwood Bog, but my problem is different. I can't seem to get an encounter there. No matter what map I go to (Bog, Island, Ruin, Run, Crypt, etc.)

I got the story of the place from the dialog with Bro Smythe to go talk to Renton. I talked to him and he gave me the story about the place and maked it on my map. I have even camped and had no randoms either.

Also I was never able to Trigger the Quests that used to take you to the Earth Temple in the original game from Rentsch in Nulb. Or the Triple Cross Quest.

Also I like the Brothel Quests, very funny and good stuff.

Robert Daneri
    President
    Lead Interface Programmer
    HeroForge Software, LLC
    www.heroforgesoftware.com

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0118a - [v5.5.0] No encounters at Welkwood Bog - Rejected (There are none yet)
    #0118b - [v5.5.0] Unable to Trigger the Quests to take you to the Earth Temple from Rentsch or the Triple Cross Quest - Acknowledged

14. blackwind

blackwind Established Member

No

Windows XP, SP3. No anti-virus software.

US

TFE-X

Barebones.

After I let the gnolls go I get the cravan encounter ambush. Everytime I try to go to Nulb the map screen freezes on me.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0119 - [v5.5.0] Worldmap screen freezes when trying to go from Gnoll ambush map to Nulb - Acknowledged

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@blackwind -

You're supposed to get the caravan ambush if you let the Moathouse gnolls go. Are you saying that the worldmap screen subsequently freezes, or that Nulb itself freezes when you get there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!