Circle of Eight Modpack v5.5 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Nov 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade9722

blade9722 Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.x + CMF Bug Report Thread

Dear All,

I finished the game about a week ago. This is going to be my last bug report.

- I found another bug like #0083b: the two concubines in the greater temple level (one is Paida) becomes hostile if you enter the room with a recruited PC.

- The remove fear spell seems completely useless. If cast in advance non enchantment icon appears, while if cast during combat it doesn't remove fear effect

- Towards the end of the game , I noticed that creatures summoned during combat have no AI. You have to summon them before entering battle in order to have them fight.

- According to game manual, Monk unarmed attack at level 10 should be considered as "lawful" However, it doesn't breach demons' damage resistance.

- I never succeeded in using the monk "stunning fist" feat.

The following seems engine related bugs:

- There's a chance, upon reloading a save game, that a open secret door is closed, with no way to open it anymore. This occur quite often, luckily, most secret door are only shortcuts
    - There's a chance, upon reloading a save game, that a PC remains paralyzed. This is occurring exspecially in the secret level, near Zuttmog appearing place.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0091a - [v5.5.0] Paida and Murraya become hostile if approached by party containing NPCs - Rejected (known old bug, no known fix)
    #0091b - [v5.5.0] Remove Fear spell is useless - Acknowledged
    #0091c - [v5.5.0] Summoned creatures sometimes have no AI - Rejected (not specific enough)
    #0091d - [v5.5.0] Monk unarmed attack at level 10 doesn't breach demons' damage resistance - Rejected (Basil's reason)
    #0091e - [v5.5.0] Monk's Stunning Fist feat doesn't work - Rejected (Vague)
    #0091f - [v5.5.0] Secret doors sometimes can't be opened - Rejected (Either the know secret door bug or too vague)
    #0091g - [v5.5.0] PCs sometimes appear paralyzed after loading saved games - Rejected (Need precise circumstances to diagnose)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
  2. Groo the Ambler

Groo the Ambler Loot the Rot Grubs

Vista Home Basic 6.0, SP1. Norton anti-virus not turned off when installed.

Starting about the time that my party was 7th level, they occasionally freeze in combat pose when traveling to one of the 3 Hommlet locations by World Map. No CTD, but they must leave Hommlet and return to unfreeze. This happens occasionally.

ALL OF THE TIME, however, they can only move in short jerks in certain areas of Hommlet, especially in the region of the Inn. It does not seem to happen around Burne's Tower. If you go to the Temple and walk south, it begins about the time you pass Black Jay's. This started about 7th level, after the Moathouse was cleared and (thankfully) most of the Hommlet quests completed.

I aborted an earlier game, which was apparently broken by looting the kobold at Hickory Branch. After that I could not travel to HB without a CTD.

The Verbobonc merchants have been rescued but they do not open their shops; I noticed this in 5.0.0, too.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0092a - [v5.5.0] Jerk-stop phenomena in and aound Hommlet - Confirmed
    #0092b - [v5.5.0] Broken kobold at Hickory Branch - Rejected (Already reported as Bug #0048)
    #0092c - [v5.5.0] Verbobonc merchants don't open their shops in Verbobonc after temple rescue - Rejected (Not pertinent to future mods)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

On the off chance I haven't confirmed this (it doesn't seem to be in the bug list), I have exactly the same problems with this as I did in 5.0.6. It gets progressively worse until movement in Homlett is impossible and the game is broken.

4. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

It isn't supposed to. Lawful/Axiomatic weapons do nothing but extra damage to demons. Only Holy/Good bypass Damage Reduction. (Balors also require that the Holy weapon be Cold Iron in PnP).

However, in ToEE, Frost/Cold does bypass Damage Resistance it seems. Whereas according to RAW, elemental damage has nothing to do with DR. Most demons have resistance Cold 10.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0094 - [v5.5.0] Frost and cold bypass damage resistance - Acknowledged

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

You have and I have, multiple times. We mentioned it somewhere in a discussion thread, not an official bug list.

Ted even had you and a few others do some sector mapping to try to pin down the problem on the map.

Seems our old jerk-stop friend is back again. Groo's mentioning the same areas we had troubles with, but (*shudder*) it seems to be spreading, according to his post.
    (Up to Black Jay? That's new.)

6. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

It's not new. I've had it before, even outside the church, just didn't mention it

7. Groo the Ambler

Groo the Ambler Loot the Rot Grubs

In the areas where motion is interrupted, the animation of some of the NPCs is affected.

For example, if you go from the Inn to Bro. Smyth (taking many, many clicks to do so) you find him frozen in combat pose, but you can still dialogue with him. However, two villagers outside of the Inn door are still animated normally.

On returning to the game, I had an occurance of this on arrival in Nulb, as well. The party could only move in short jerks, and the pirate NPCs on the boardwalk were frozen in combat pose.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, verification time:

Bug #0010: confirmed and fixed.

Bug #0017c: confirmed and fixed.
    (Gnoll leader replaced with a female bugbear. The gnoll leader krunch used was the same one as in the Moathouse.)

Bug #0018: confirmed and fixed.
    (Expanded sectoring in that spot.)

Bug #0024b: confirmed and fixed.
    (Bulletproofed entire dialogue.)

Bug #0026: confirmed and fixed.

Bug #0034: confirmed and fixed.

Bug #0036: unable to confirm and rejected.
    (The portrait proto entry for the owl familiar and portraits.mes entries and the portraits themselves are all correct.)

Bug #0039: confirmed and fixed.
    (There was one kobold who still had bullets in his inventory. They were removed.)

Bug #0047c: confirmed and fixed.
    (This only happens or seems untoward if you don't engage the assassin in conversation and get him to explain how he knows you killed Lareth.)

Bug #0048: confirmed and fixed.
    (This occurred with the kobold at the head of the ravine who didn't have bullets in his inventory. The .mob was just goofy, so I removed it. Hopefully will eliminate associated CTDs.)

Bug #0050: confirmed and fixed.

Bug #0051a: unable to confirm and rejected.
    (All the dialogue file conditions for Burne giving you Nulb's location are correct. Could not replicate in-game whatsoever.)

Bug #0051b: confirmed and fixed.
    (Meleny stays home now.)

Bug #0056d: confirmed and fixed.
    (Added OCF_MUTE to all description box protos. Same as bug #0084.)

Bug #0067a: confirmed and rejected. :twitch:
    (Yes, the wakizashi +1 is pre-identified on the assassin's body. However, the proto entry is already correct. No amount of fiddling can change the erroneous display. Apparently this is a bug that cannot be fixed. :()

Bug #0067b: confirmed and fixed.

Bug #0083a: fixed if it was broken.

Bug #0084: confirmed and fixed.
    (Added OCF_MUTE to all description box protos. Same as bug #0056d.)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Bug #0089: Acknowledged, but I suspect it's a one-off.

Bug #0090a: Acknowledged, sort of a vanilla inconsistency that could stand to be changed, I suppose.

Bug #0090b: Rejected. You need ranks in Sense Motive to press the issue of the assassin with the traders, not Intimidate.

Bug #0090c: Acknowledged. Are we sure its supposed to work?

Bug #0091a: Rejected - known bug, no known fix.

Bug #0091b: Acknowledged but vague.

Bug #0091c: Rejected, too vague.

Bug #0091d: Rejected - not supposed to according to Basil.

Bug #0091e: Rejected, too vague.

Bug #0091f: Rejected - this is either the known secret door bug or I don't know what you mean by "no way to open it anymore."

Bug #0091g: Rejected - reports like this are far too vague to do any good. We need specifics: when, where, what, why, etc. And a save where it can be reproduced would be handy.

Bug #0092a: Acknowledging the jerk-stop.

Bug #0092b: Already reported.

Bug #0092c: Acknowledged, but I think they'll be scuttled anyway.

Bug #0094: Acknowledged.

====================

PLEASE NOTE: From this point forward, any reports that are not submitted according to the bug reporting guidelines in post #1 will be rejected on those grounds alone.

Example of a bad bug report: "i rescued Jaer and teleported all the group to nulb. he thanks, the quest is completed, but he becames invisible and didnt leave the group. i cant even talk to him!"

In the future I won't give reports like this a second glance before sending them off to the abyss.

====================

10. z9dragon

z9dragon Member

bug report

Windows XP service pack 2/AVG free antivirus/US version/Co8 modpack 5.5.0 Beta/TFE-X 2.1/ followed install instructions exactly.

this may not be a bug, if its not then im sorry to have wasted your time. Ive searched through the player handbook to see if their was anything there regarding this, but i dont think there is

First off, the bug is that my Druid 3/Fighter 5 human male has a
    base speed of 10. no matter what i do (taking of armor, resting for weeks, casting restoration). i figured out that if i went back to a save that was Druid 2/Fighter 5(i switched to druid after fighter 5 by the way) he had a base speed of 20, which is still strange since hes a human. i also figured out that by growing a level and taking Fighter instead of druid the base speed stayed at 20. thats why i thought it might have something to do with the actual rules.

another minor bug, which is not really a problem, is that when i rest in the moat house, sometimes if i get attacked during the rest, a blue blank face shows up next to some garbled dialogue (i think it may actually just be layered not garbled but i cant tell).

my character is carrying the horn of fog and the extraplanar mini chest, those might be related

Thanks you for making such a good mod pack

P.S. i almost forgot, im not using any mods or addons except CMP 5.5.0 Beta

UPDATE--- Looks like the glitch somehow corrected itself when i grew another level. I still think its a bug, buts its a minor one so it doesnt really matter.

UPDATE again--- Unfortunately the glitch is back, and its sticking this time.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0100 - [v5.5.0] Druids have a base speed of 10 - Acknowledged

11. z9dragon

z9dragon Member

Another bug report

Same Specs as above post by me

When i tried rescuing the two women prisoners in the first Temple level(I forget their names, but they were by the two orcs, and turkney), they told me they would give me the location of verbobonc, but it never showed up on my map when i got outside. I think someone already posted this bug, but i couldnt find it when i looked through the list of bug on the first post, so im going to post it anyway. hope you dont mind.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0101 - [v5.5.0] Jenna and Elysia don't give Verbobonc location - Rejected (not pertinent to upcoming mods)

12. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

Running TOEE US CD, installed patch 1 & 2. Using ModPack 5.5.0 (beta) with FTX 2.1 No other mods.

System is Win XP SP3 - no antivirus installed.

Team, minor dialog bug found last night - and wanted to give comment to two other bugs I see have been previously mentioned in the thread.

1) I dragged a dead Elmo into the Inn of the Welcome Wench and he still presented a "Who want's a beer? I'm buying!" message to the party (thirst from beyond the grave....)

2) I've also recently been experiencing 0092a (jerk-stop) motion - this didn't start until the players were about 7th level and seemed to only happen in Hommlett. (As I've never completely finished the game I thought this was some by-product of encumbrance). Not a new bug, I know, but I wanted to pass on that for me as well it started at a higher level. It was temporary and seemed to fix itself after I went inside Inn and back out again. It has only appeared one time in my playing.

3) Also, last night I experienced the other bug mentioned earlier in the thread where the characters started in frozen fight motion pose. I had been doing maintenance with the party inside the Inn Of the Wench (with the dead Elmo) and when exiting out of Inn and into Hommlett is when it started. They remained that way when I went to another map area (Moathouse). They "fixed themselves" when a fight actually started and ended and they resumed their normal relaxed poses.

Please let me know if there's any other notes I can provide to assist. Thanks.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0102 - [v5.5.0] Elmo has floatlines when dead - Acknowledged

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If thats a bug, then there's the potential for heaven-knows how many others in the game. Sometimes you forget you have to script "do such-and-such - UNLESS the character can't do it because he's dead, in which case, don't bother" :yawn:

14. blade9722

blade9722 Member

Bug Tracker Update
    [
    #0091f - [v5.5.0] Secret doors sometimes can't be opened - Rejected (Either the know secret door bug or too vague)

I try to describe the issue more in detail. While walking in a dungeon, suddenly a "secret door found" prompts appear. Then you can click on the activator, and open the door. The situation is:
    the activator is no more appearing, and the secret door is open.

Now, if you save the game and reload it, there's a chance that the situation changes in this way:
    the activator is no more appearing, and the secret door is closed.

I didn't find any way to reopen it. This is not occurring always, but is quite common. The only way I found to avoid this issue was by the following procedure:

1)- upon finding a secret door, save the game (I'll call it "Save_A")
    2)- open the door
    3)- save the game in another slot (I'll call it "Save_B")
    4)- reload Save_B, if the door is open.....OK. If the door is closed, reload Save_A and retry from step 2)

#0091g - [v5.5.0] PCs sometimes appear paralyzed after loading saved games - Rejected (Need precise circumstances to diagnose)

This occurred systematically with a party of 8 PC, bu saving the game near the Zuttmog spawning point , just before talking to the high priestess, in the secret level. Upon reloading the save game, one of the PC is completely still. A way to unblock him is take an exit from the location

Bug #0091b: Acknowledged but vague.

According to the description, remove fear should have two modes. By casting it on the party before entering combat, it should improve chance of resist fear effect (morale). I tried in this way, and I expected to see an enchantment/effect active icon on party members, but this didn't occurred.
    Instead, by casting it on PC who are under the fear effect, it should remove it, but, again, this never occurred. Th PC continued to be under fear effect.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  15. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I am using XP SP3, TFE-X2.1, 5.5.0 with no modifications to Burne's Apprentice dialog or her protos (and only VERY minor alterations elsewhere).

She accepts an incomplete orb and destroys it. She should not be able to do this without all four elemental gems inset.

Destroying the Orb:
    The Death Orb can only be destroyed if all
    of its gems are properly inset.

QFT

Edit: I tried it with a clean protos and same.

------
    Bug Tracker Update
    #0105 - [v5.5.0] Pishella will destroy incomplete orb - Acknowledged

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!