Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.x/5.9.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

No I never was. First reference to anything was when I talked to Darlia.

Sorry if this makes more work for you. but with a new version a few bugs are bond to happen. I will add to others when I saw that this new version really is a cool piece of work, so thanks to all the modders who worked on this.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

On the Tower you can buy, was nice and all. but having paid t hat much money, should you not be able to rest and heal in it? I got no version of the tent when I wandered through it. Or is it just for prestige and status to brag to others?

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Huh, I thought I had made it 'safe.' That's definitely a bug.

4. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I would also like the areas of WB to be restable, even if there might be random encounters. Right now all zones are the watch, so you can waste time there, but you cant memorize spells and the what not. I found myself going to Hommlet a few times to memorize and heal during the WB fight. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I get hit alot.

5. Gaear

Well WB is a different story: it's supposed to approximate the XP gained from doing the Hommlet quests (i.e., one level's worth). So if we allow yellow tent resting and the possibility of random encounters, people will say "I had 18 random encounters at WB, leveled up twice, and then killed Mathel with ease, wtf?" Plus, there' supposed to be a limited threat there, not innumerable armies of undead or any other wandering monsters. (It wouldn't be such a big deal to kill an undead guy and a handful of lesser humanoids if you'd already done twice that or more in random encounters.) And it shouldn't be green-tent there either, because it's technically not 'safe.' (Mathel and co. are around, making it 'unsafe.')

So the only thing left is pass-time-only, which approximates something along the lines of "we camped there but were on our guard, and nothing happened." I'm happy with that, given the circumstances.

6. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

None of the guards did anything. They just ignored me. They didn't go into combat or anything. I just walked past all the guards and into the houses to kill named people to see what they were carrying.

7. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Somehow I lost my game. I have the most recent save in modules/save but when I loaded up there's no game to load. What happened?

8. Gaear

Weird. Like the reps say, they're supposed to attempt to arrest you via a heartbeat script if you've got those reps, which you get by killing two or more guards or citizens.

Do you actually have those reputations in your logbook?

@george, there are no saves to load in your game? I don't quite follow.

9. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Ya, both reps in the logbook.

10. Hraban

Hraban Member

Hello, im having trouble getting Moathouse Respawn and Verbobonc from Brother Smyth.

I explored Nulb, visited the Temple once and talked to Romag about his first quest. I completed both Welkwood Bog and Hickory Branch (I talked to both the Elder and the Militia Leader, the Quests show as completed in the Log).

I remember getting Moathouse Respawn from Smyth in 5.8.1 NC, but it seems this time im out of luck.

11. Gaear

Did Smyth ask you about the new chest at his feet? That comes next.

12. Hraban

Hraban Member

yes, i already opened it, but i did not read the book yet

EDIT : so i just started reading the book and participated in the first fight. upon returning Smyth told me to see Kent.

i didnt read the book in 5.8.1NC. anyhow, now it seems to work !

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  13. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Small dialogue problem with Ronald when you ask him to sell you his stuff. He says the word 'studded' twice and the 2nd one is not needed.

14. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I dont think Lareth's free movement ring is working right. In this pic below, I am wearing it, but the PC is also webbed.

Not sure if this is a new problem.

Attached Files:

15. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I saved by city hall and quit to go here. When I went back to the game there was no game to load. I looked in modules/save and the file was there. Re-started and all is fine.
    Found the slavers and what a monster fight! Lost 3 and more really close. Great loot but what a helluva fight. Now if I can find those 2 criminal escapees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!