Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.x/5.9.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakheart

Oakheart Member

ACK! Gaear, you replyed to Flak while I was writing my reply! lol

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Lareth needs a AC4 shield and/or a ring of protection so he can stay in the fight longer. Still goes down too easy. Lolth's champion should be able to put up a good fight.

3. Oakheart

Oakheart Member

He should summon the spiders as soon as he is called into the fight, including the black widows out in the hall :p

4. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

And prebuffed with divine favor.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Did he, (Llolth's poster boy) casually heal one of his people while giving you his grand speech?

That has got to be my most current favorite, (simple pleasures for simple minds). :Being_a_s

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Note, Lareth's avenging assassin still has 2 sets of gloves.

7. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Been trying to handle the Monster Mash encounter. I cannot get a good save once I start the combat. It comes back with a corrupted file everytime. Haven't seen that one in a while.

8. Nickiow

Nickiow Member

Version 5/9/3

Verb, temple with dog fighting.

There is a secret door that leads a long a corridor with a rat in it but then ends abruptly, ie graphacily its wrong,i would assume this is being worked up rather than a glitch?.

Moathouse ambush, if you have choped the bad NPC`s, back in Hommlet, to ease the post Lareth ambush fight, does the ambush still trigger?, or is it now redundent and byepassed, or should i not chop them back in Hommelet to gain the ambush?.

Kudos to all in this Mod, time well spent im thinking.

9. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Anyone else have the corrupt file problem with Monster Mash? Any idea what could be causing it when I don't have that problem at any other part of the game? Thanks.

10. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Got thru it after deleting the files. Also got a game lock similar to when you use Scaither in the fire node. It came after I cast a scorching ray on one of the monsters.

11. chano

chano Established Member

Hextor mission does not complete which means you can keep getting the reward over and over again.

Lerrick when confronted at night starts talking about stuff before second mission is completed which enables player to get the catching the cousin quest prematurely.

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Saving during combat is unreliable.

There may be something there in future.

The ambush won't happen if any of them are already dead.

Fixed.

I don't follow. When talking to Lerrick at night, you either get blown off, provoke him to attack, or get him to tell you that he's the boss if Wilfrick has already been killed.

13. Gaear

Will fix.

~

I discovered a fairly major bug that apparently goes all the way back to vanilla: only the first effect from any given reputation was being applied.

Some reputations are supposed to grant multiple effects. For example, when you get in good with a temple faction, you get a boost to that faction, plus negative effects to the other temple factions. Only the first effect was being applied in these cases (usually the plus to your buddy faction), so fixing this could cause heretofore unseen consequences in the game. It's hard to say for sure though, because ToEE's reputation scale is rather two dimensional. You're generally either loved, hated, or neutral.

This will also likely fix various other problems though, like Verbobonc citizens and/or guards not minding if you're a killer, etc. I can't believe this went unnoticed for so long. :twitch:

In other news, the reason I discovered the above is because I was adding an effect to the Butcher of Hommlet rep - namely, a negative reaction 'malus' to Burne's Badgers, which will now have their own law enforcement type faction like the Verbobonc Watch. In future, only Badgers will attack you on-sight if you have the Butcher of Hommlet rep, so no more suicide rushes from children and old women, etc.

Additionally, generic citizens/villagers everywhere will no longer participate in fights at all, and will flee if given the chance if they are attacked or otherwise get pulled into a battle. This will improve 'teh realizm,' because average Johnny beet-farmer wouldn't likely consider himself a short-notice hero ("mmm, coffee ... now I must perish!") and probably would have become an adventurer if he wanted to die prematurely.

Also, the generally good-ish/lawful-ish NPCs will no longer gladly participate in murders of generic villagers/citizens if they're in your party. They'll object, disband, and attack you instead. :yes:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  14. chano

chano Established Member

I have completed the first task for the brotherhood and gotten the second.
    I have some problems with the second one, i check my reputation and it does not say anything alarming but i am still attacked by the guards.
    So i got tired of trying and decided to kill my employer instead, but before doing so i spoke to Lerrick and got the convesation i would get as if the third quest had been completed but Wilfrick is still alive and well.

I did do the Hextor quest though, maybe some mixup there.

Sorry for the cryptic writing, but i am trying not to spoil things for newcomers.

15. Gaear

Yeah, I actually figured that out last night - doing the Hextor quest and reporting back to the Hextor priest does not complete the Hextor quest (as you reported), but it does wrongly complete the Wilfrick quest, which leads to Lerrik talking about it out of turn. Sorry, will fix.

In the meantime, if you can go back to a save from just after you reported back to the Hextor priest, open up the console and type

Code:
    game.quests[84].state = qs_completed
    and press enter, then type

Code:
    game.quests[77].state = qs_unknown
    and press enter. That will fix it up and you can then go talk to Lerrik/Darlia and they will behave properly and give you the final SB quest.

Thanks for pointing this out. :thumbsup:

Do you currently have the 'Member of the Scarlet Brotherhood' reputation? Right now that causes an auto-attack from Verbobonc guards, but we'll change that so it doesn't. It really shouldn't unless you were discovered murdering somebody like a guard or Wilfrick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!