Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.x/5.9.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I have not had any crashes to desktop so far while playing 5.9.2 NC.

The Improved Trip ability is WAY too powerful!

Some other players mentioned recently about having meat items in the game. I don't know if this is of any use to anybody, but Lodriss already sells a chunk of meat (see screenshot below).

My favourite combat in the game so far is the Nulb ambush. It was fun. I was disappointed at how easy the combat is with a largish (6+) party of player-made PCs. It would be a tough combat with a party of mostly NPCs though.

Is it possible to cast the spell Call Lightning indoors in this computer game? If so, then that is another spell that shouldn't work indoors.

The Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location that Rannos Davl has is worth approximately 31850 Gold Pieces. The value of that item seems to me to be way too high.

I wish that the last character in the party order was not repositioned at the front whenever the party enters a map where the party is immediately ambushed (e.g. the tower at the moathouse, the broken tower at the Temple of Elemental Evil, the player's house in Nulb, etc.). The game is penalizing the player through no fault of the player (which is unfair). Having to change the party order before and after these map-change ambush combats is a hassle.

There's another DO NOT USE bullet in the Boatmen's Tavern (see screenshot below).

Sitra Achara, when I uncompressed your 2010-10-08.part2.rar and 2010-10-08.part3.rar files (from the Lets talk about Lareth thread) (http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8463) into my Temple of Elemental Evil folder, I received the following errors (see screenshots below):

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What's the difference in chain lightning and lightning bolt? Both shoot lightning out youe fingers like Sith Lords.

Now Call Lightning and Lightning Storm (Druid spells) are a different story.

3. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    According to d20 SRD Chain Lightning, Call Lightning, and Call Lightning Storm can be used indoors. The only outdoor rule is that if you use Call Lightning or Call Lightning Storm outdoors in a storm, the Lightning Bolts cause more damage.
    The Royal Canadian

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

There aren't any bulls in the game. The player shouldn't be able to use bull's strength. :yes:

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Or, hopefully, if that could be made to disappear like certain other items do on enemies, that'd be the best solution.

Not really, considering you still have to roll successfully for it to work. It really requires a special character build and a strategy built around it to be effective.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

You're only supposed to actually extract part1.rar, while part 2 and 3 are present in the same folder. I had to split to archives in order to fit it into the attachments here (290kB, and was too lazy to use the FTP :p).

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

In relation to this, are players specifically getting the shopmap description box in 5.9.2? Black Jay's ring from the frogs, spiders, or bear? The proper starting money in the shopmap? Need feedback.

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

For me, yes on all three. :)

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks, I think I got it sorted.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The sooner someone remeshes gorgons and gives us bulls, the happier I will be.

11. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Remesh the eyes of the deep first so we can have real beholders that shoot death 8 times per round!

12. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Remesh the hydra into a 12 headed Pyrohydra!

13. gazra_1971

While playing 5.9.2 NC, my lawful good party got Black Jay's ring in one of the Large Spiders at Deklo Grove.

Whenever I start a new game with 6 or 7 PCs, I start the game with approximately 70-140 Platinum Pieces. I don't know what the "proper starting money" is. Could you explan what it is supposed to be?

I looked through my 170 or so saved games, and the following maps (that I've been to) display their location description properly in the saved game list:

HOMMLET
    DEKLO GROVE
    MOATHOUSE
    MOATHOUSE CAVE EXIT
    EMRIDY MEADOWS
    HICKORY BRANCH
    NULB
    TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL

The following maps (that I've been to) have a blank description (i.e. they do NOT display their location description properly) in the saved game list:

SHOP MAP
    WELKWOOD BOG
    RANDOM MAP
    ARENA OF HEROES

After reading Gaear's question again, I now realize what he meant. I believe that I get all of the description boxes whenever I enter a new map that is supposed to have them (but I can't remember whether I did get description boxes for the shop map).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  14. gazra_1971

I managed to win the third combat in the Arena of Heroes with 6 level 6 PCs on my FIRST ever attempt at it! I was quite proud of that achievement. Mind you, the only way that I was able to do that was because my characters made ALL of their Will saves during the combat against all of the deadly spells that the enemy wizards kept casting at my characters! I was EXTREMELY lucky! My level 6 cleric with the Sun domain and the Improved Turning feat destroyed 2 of the wizards with Greater Turning. Clerics of Pelor are SO HANDY in this computer game!

When my rogue has the Large Darkwood Shield equipped, he receives no penalty to attack even though he is not proficient with shields. Also, he receives a +1 bonus to Trip checks and Open Lock checks due to wielding the Large Darkwood Shield (see screenshots below). I checked the D&D 3.5 SRD and it states that Darkwood shields are only supposed to weigh half as much and have their Armor Check Penalty reduced by 2:

I did some more testing of the prices that different vendors offer for different items and I found some anomalies:

* Armario offers to buy a Shield +1 for twice the price that he offers for a Shield +2.

* Mother Screng and Jakk Borton offer the same price for a Shield +1 as they do for a Shield +2.

* Otis, Ah Fong, and Brother Smyth offer to buy Lareth's Staff of Striking and the Barbarian Helm for twice the price that Mother Screng, Armario, Jakk Borton, Calmert, and Burne offer for them.

* Armario offers to buy a Masterwork Heavy Flail for twice the price that Mother Screng, Otis, Ah Fong, Jakk Borton, and Brother Smyth offer for it. Is a Heavy Flail a wooden weapon?

When an enemy wizard cast Stinking Cloud, 2 dead Owlbears in the area of effect of the Stinking Cloud attempted Fortitude saves to avoid the spell effect (see screenshot below).

The Help page for the Death Knell spell has an error (see screenshot below):
    "Upon casting this spell you touch a living creature that has -1 of fewer hit points."
    Should be "-1 or fewer hit points."

When you hold the mouse pointer over the Precise Shot feat in the feat list window of a character, the description for Precise Shot has an error (see screenshot below):
    "You can shoot or throw ranged weapons at an opponent engaged in melee with taking the standard -4 penalty on your attack roll."
    Should be "without taking the standard -4 penalty".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  15. gazra_1971

When you hold the mouse pointer over the Haste spell in a spellcaster's spell list, the description for the Haste spell incorrectly states that it provides "+2 on attack rolls and AC." (see screenshots below). Should be "+1 on attack rolls and AC." The Help page for the Haste spell and the Rolls History windows for attack rolls and AC calculation all correctly show that the Haste spell provides a +1 bonus to attack rolls and AC.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!