Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.x/5.9.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

I believe that the rings do work - they just do not absorb all fire damage, just some of it. They are only minor after all. You can see their effect when you attack a salamander hand to hand and they absorb the fire damage you would normally take from doing this.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Whoops, I think Sitra reported that already. It's just a bogus call to a flag. Will fix.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Also, be aware that Fire spells now do double damage on the fire node! (as per the module; and half damage on the Water node)

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Ohh, you actually did that? Cool, I should be more careful going to the nodes this time around ;)

5. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

Was this around in 5.9.1 as well or is it a 5.9.2+ thing?

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Ok, WEIRD thing. I attack Belsornig as per quest, and then the whole Toee goes aggro over it, including Kelno who I was working for. I attacked using the "C" key as I was at first hoping to work for the guy a bit, but still... This has never happened before. What's going on?

7. Sitra Achara

@Aus:
    Was the Temple regrouped?
    Specifically for Kelno - were the defecting bugbears in Kelno's company when he attacked?

8. Sitra Achara

It's actually from around 5.6 or 5.7, I think.

Regarding Mathel being too easy to turn (destroy, even) - that is indeed caused by his low HD:

1. I tested with a level 1 Evil Cleric with 12 Charisma. He commanded Mathel without a hitch.
    2. Then I changed Mathel's protos.tab hit die to 3d1 - 3, and the Cleric was no longer able to Command him.
    3. Rebuking is still possible on a good roll (roughly 30% chance for an average Cleric like him). If you increase Mathel's number of HD to 4, it'd reduce the chance to around 10%.
    So if you want to make him more resistant to turning, bump up his HD in the specified manner.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Apparently - since the Fire Temple was when I finally got there. Not sure why though - Belsornig was the first priest I killed and before that I only had a few minor battles with hostile Earth Temple troops (Romag was still friendly though).

Yes.

Also:

If you botch Romag's second quest because Rentsch is dead, he says "give that letter back" but does not actually take it from your inventory.

10. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Also: That hot-fix that previously worked for me with the slavers quest doesn't anymore. Bummer.

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

As a level 2 Fighter, Monster Zombie he is easy to turn/desroy. What Monster Plant does i'm not sure. Where did the "You killed the Lich" dialogue come from? Mathel is no Lich. Not even remotely close, unless that was the rumour going around. Can't see a level 2 Fighter leading a small band of goblins and kobolds as being much of a threat to Hommlet, but it shows what gossip and rumours can do. He should be made a lttle tougher tho.

12. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Oops! I forgot to mention that you can only see the rusty dagger while holding down the Tab key. Sorry, my bad.

Considering that so many awesome items have been removed from the game, I was STUNNED to find that Filliken will still give you a Holy Longsword +1 right at the start of the game when you have only level 1 characters! I think that that weapon is seriously overpowered for a party of characters that are such a low character level! I would have no problems with the party being able to get that weapon by the time that the party is ready to clear out Hickory Branch, but I think that being able to get that weapon before then seriously unbalances the game!

I don't know how the hell you veteran players are able to play this game with just 3 or 5 PCs in your party (especially while your PCs are below character level 5!). I am finding the game difficult enough with a party of 6 PCs. I prefer playing the game with at least 7 and preferably 8 PCs. How do you guys manage to play the game with so few characters in your party (especially while your spellcasters are below character level 5 and your warrior classes are below character level 6)?

What command code do I type in the console in order to fix this in my current game?

I never got to use the Blade of Fury. Could someone please inform me what that weapon's stats and special abilities were? I am extremely curious to know!

Does anybody know exactly what Charisma score you need in order to be able to marry Meleny?

One of Corl's (Teamster's son) dialogue options is grammatically incorrect:
    (Corl) Oh...[He look around warily] um, hello.

One of Meleny's (Filliken's daughter) dialogue options is grammatically incorrect:
    1. I verily enjoying conversing with you as well. Perhaps I shall call on you again, m'lady.

When Burne joined my party, and I moved him, the animation for his Mage Armor spell effect remained where Burne was when he cast the spell (see screenshot below). I just wanted to point out this bug. I'm not expecting anybody to be able to fix the bug.

Attached Files:

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Will do. Now you will all be sorry. :evilgrin:

If you listen to Captain Renton's saga of Mathel, you will see that he is widely believed to be more than he really is. Renton also explains the uncertainty around determining numbers, threat level, etc.

Will fix.

I'm sure that belongs to the inactive Burne. Did the Burne who joins your party not have it?

14. rossik

rossik Member

hey guys...did the extraplanar chest changed in this version of the mod?

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Try

Do it right before the encounter, too. Like I said though, doesn't seem to work every time. Only necessary for CN and LE parties.

IIRC, +2 keen. Not sure if it had any other enchantments or not.

I believe it's 15. You can always check .dlg files for those kinds of things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!