Circle of Eight Modpack 5.8.x/5.8.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Apr 25, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Well, I am deleting everything and doing a fresh install, hopefully I can be up and running tonight.

2. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Strange happenings in the Moathouse

Hi Folks
    Just few things I noticed in the Moathouse basement.
    1.) Some of Lareth's Crossbowmen charged me. To be honest, I was staying back far enough in the hallway that they couldn't shoot me from the big room, but at least 3 crossbowmen ran up next to my fighter.
    2.) During the battle in the long hallway, my Druid's pet Jackal was killed. I then proceeded to kill the rest of the guards, Lareth, and Lareth's spider friends. I then looted all the bodies and had my Druid summon a new friend before going out to play with Zert, Turoko, and Kobort. Imagine my surprise, when I returned to the Moathouse the next day to loot the Crayfish and Ghoul chests to find the "dead" Jackal in the hallway. Granted, he was near death, and required a lot of healing, but he should have been dead. I didn't have to dismiss him before my druid summoned her current Animal Follower, so I am totally bewildered by this. Any ideas ??
    The Royal Canadian

Attached Files:

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

FYI Gaear,

I think it was in this thread that someone commented their party of 5 did not level. I just ran WB with a party of five and each PC did level and have 1083 exp after I killed everything, and turned in the quest to Renton. However, I did do the long term inn quest too. Not sure how many exp that gives.

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

So does the Moathouse Respawn reward ring work for anyone else? I can't get it to work :(

@Ranth: Hmm, maybe I missed something... I'll try again to check. You sure you didn't get any extra XPs from the opening vignette?

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

EDIT: Never mind, see the Moathouse Respawn thread.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Maybe I got lucky and got a solid download which took several hours to get. Couldn't get a good transfer rate to complete but the game played fine thru the Hedrack fight. Everyone was level 12 and Fruella 13. No protos/console at all. Never did the nodes and I sold the Orb to Calmert for 35k. Don't know if I missed anything new or not. Just did the witch part of Moathouse Re-spawn and took the Ring of Resonance. It worked good. I played with 5 pc's and Fruella and completed everything. As far as I can tell, 5.8.0NC works fine.

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I am sure. The party was neutral good and did the greyhawk lord intro so no exp gain from killing anything. I didn't go talk to Kenter until after WB.

8. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Ranth
    Are sure about your party being Neutral Good ?? I am running a NG party, and I started out by killing the "assassin" in Mitrik. Are you sure you're not running a Lawful Neutral party? If I remember correctly, LN parties start the game by talking to the Mayor of Greyhawk.
    The Royal Canadian

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks Ranth, good to know.

10. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

I finished Welkwood Blog with 6 and leveled up with 1055 experience. Almost like it was tailored to do so.

11. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I dont think this is mod specific, and not a huge deal, but a bug none the less.

My wizard summoned her owl familiar. She then brought it into the world, and I was not able to get it back in the backpack through the animals name in the radial menu. I could dismiss it, but it told me I needed to wait a year in order to get another. I decided against it. The owl died in combat, and I was not able to dismiss it. I was dragging along a dead owl everywhere. I even tried to go to the inn and use the book to remove it, and was unable to. Pissed off about this dead owl everywhere, I used a scroll to raise it from the dead, and now there is no radial menu to dismiss any longer. I am stuck with this owl, which will die in a future fight probably to an aoe.

Just a small annoyance.

Just realized I can have the wizard talk to the owl and ask it to go into the backpack. However after this ress thing, he will not go.

12. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Just staple him to your shoulder, no one will notice.

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

He's not dead, he's just resting.

14. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

In the temple I attack Smigal, and let her go. Falrinth got away too. I went into the dungeon, and on the way back (from the sewer drain in level 3) I get attacked the bugbears, Falrinth, and Smigal all at the same time.

The bug is that Falrinths first spell, from inside his room, is a cone of frost, or shout, or something. This only hit a bugbear in the room. Not the best AI. Then on his next attack, while he is in the room and I am fighting bugbears and smigal in the hallway (note, no one can see him yet) he fireballs over the wall and kills a couple of my people.

Can we redo the tiling there so that it is impassable?

15. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Disregard the above post. It was a fluke. I reloaded and did not have the same problem so it must have been a one time occurrence that ToEE is known for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!