Circle of Eight Modpack 5.8.x/5.8.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Apr 25, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

I can't believe I downloaded the wrong one. Man, I suck.

I can't wait until I'm really old and can't do anything for myself and it'll be someone else's responsibility to get things done right.

They should have different naming conventions for the files, like 2010_06_16_Circle_of_Eight_Modpack_5.8.1_BETA.rar and New_Content_Here_Dumbass_5.8.1_BETA.rar.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I strongly agree!

And a nice shiny auto installer too.

I've just borked my install up so bad again that it's time for the ol re-install it all over again trick. :twitch:

3. Necroticpus

Check it out. How cool is this?! I'm using the new black clothes for the wizard and they are the emporer's new clothes! They make you mostly invisible, except for hands, feet, weapon, hat and a little sliver of left side belly, like in that console game, Rayman!

Attached Files:

4. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

You know Gaear... its been about a year since there was a release that involved Verb. I need my exp fix... whats taking so long? :poke:

I know August is a month away, but comon. I am sure you dont have real world duties to attend to or anything :)

Seriously though, I do not recall having the jerk stop problem. I have played on XP, Vista, and Win7 and do not recall it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  5. Necroticpus

I've noticed kind of a discrepency lately going through 5.8.1 again with new content. It happened with the non-new content also. Every once in a while starting a fight, you'll get the profile window of a creature saying something like "No, please don't hurt me!" or something similar to that. The thing is that it don't show the actual creature, just a helmeted head with a cross on it and it's all blue and white. Nothing that affects the game but I thought you might like to know. I've seen it happen about 3-5 times in the last week or so. Once with the harpies in BETA, once with some bugbears on the top level of the temple in BETA, today at the moathouse respawn fighting the boars with new content :twitch:, and I think it happened in Welkwood Bog in new content. Kinda weird.

6. sirchet

I have seen the exact same thing as Necroticpus when using 5.8.1 NC.
    Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

"Wild wacky stuff." That's the boba-fett portrait, and it usually appears and flees when an invisible NPC like a spawner gets pulled into combat. Nothing significant changed from 5.8.0 to 5.8.1 as far as that goes, so there's no good reason for it to be happening.

Can you give me some specific locations and circumstances?

8. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Could it be left overs from the naked invisible water women?

9. Gaear

No - they're gone in 5.8.1, and they weren't really invisible anyway, just concealed. So when they popped out, you'd see them.

10. Necroticpus

The very last instance I saw it was at the moathouse respawn this morning while fighting the boars. It happened as soon as the first boar came on the screen as you run up the walkway. It said "PLEASE GOD, don't hurt me!" and then disappeared as normal. It didn't affect anything, but I think I also should mention that the baby boar and the mother boar did not get pulled automatically into the fight from the left side of the screen. You have to shoot them to get them to join the fight, which is different than it used to be. They used to just charge right in. Maybe that affects things somehow?

*edit*
    I am also very pleased that there's another option when dealing with Terjon instead of him forcing you to marry Fruella to let Marek convert to the old faith. I always thought that was kinda unethical and immoral, churchwise. Now you can just guilt trip him and show him how much of an ass he's being to not let Marek convert, instead of being forced to marry Fruella and make her have an accident in the deklo grove right after the ceremony.

Party: "Let Marek convert to the old faith so he can get married."

Terjon: "No."

Party: "C'mon, you dick!! I just converted half the town to your stupid church of St. Cuthbert The Insecure and you won't let just one person convert to the old faith?! THE HELL YOU THINK YOU ARE?! Just because you got the power, that don't mean you got the right! Have a conscience, will you, for the first time in your money grubbing life?!"

Terjon: "Oh, I suppose Marek can convert to the old faith. What we lose in one person's tithes will be more than made up by the other 20 new converts of Cuthbert, and then some."

Party: "Good. I thought you'd see it my way, loser."

I've always disliked Terjon. He's not spiritual. He's just a TV envangelist. A huckster out for money. He needs a good old fashioned towel party. CODE RED!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  11. Gaear

Okay, I checked the Moathouse Respawn piggies big and small and none of them screamed in terror and none of them refused to engage. I think I'd recommend a module reactivation for you, Necro.

12. Necroticpus

Ok, that's fine, but is this possible? I installed 5.8.1 BETA, then installed 5.8.1 NC, and then installed 5.5. Do you think having multiple versions somehow fools with the other versions when that one file is overwritten when you extract to the root directory? Is it something maybe with the front end? Normally, I might not question it but if people are having little itty bitty buggy things, I automatically suspect things that everyone has in common. I am in no way saying my guesses are correct or know any better than the modders. I'm just throwing the idea out there as a possibility.

13. sirchet

I had the bobo fet face show up when doing the regular Moat House today with 5.8.1.NC.

When the Large Toad (with Jays Ring) came a runn'n at me Bobo popped up and screamed for me not to hurt him.

14. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Necro, I never married Fruella and Terjon will let the marriage happen. If I recall correctly this is what I do.

1) Talk to the first house on the left, they complain about the people to the north.
    2) Talk to them, they complain about the people to the south. The girl (not Melany) wants to marry Marek)
    3) Talk to Marek, ask him if they like the people in town, he says no they dont fit in. He wants to marry the girl but he cant leave the church and go to the old faith.
    4) Talk to Jaroo, he says he needs Terjon's permission to convert Marek to the old faith
    5) Terjon will only let Marek convert if he gains another convert. He tells you of Bing's family.
    6) Cure Bing with the full heal potion from the church, the father is willing to convert to Cuthbert
    7) Let Terjon know, he is willing to let Marek go
    8) Tell Marek, his father will now make a barn for one the fighting families (I always get them confused)
    9) Go tell the northern family father that he will get a barn
    10) Need to check with the grandma with the kids to make sure he can pay for the barn
    11) Then go tell the father of the northern family that it is all worked out
    12) Then you can marry Melany, get the holy sword, or just have a lot of exp

Thats what I did every new game for exp before WWB

15. Necroticpus

Ok, that makes sense then. I always do those conversion quests first and get them out of the way so then he always tells me to go convert Englebert Humperdink or whatever the hell his name is, Fruella's old man, because that's the only conversion quest left. I'm going to not do Jakk's quest first anymore and do it the other way so I don't have to marry Fruella and then kill her for the insurance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!