Circle of Eight Modpack 5.8.x/5.8.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Apr 25, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

It's easily avoided; just press c and walk each character through, or cast some protection spells if you don't fancy "cheating".

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

No, this time I don't have no rogue in the party. Can they disable trap on the box?

What does pressing C do?

3. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

it starts combat mode. With nothing there to fight it will allow you to move through the trap unharmed as it won't go off during you turn.

4. Necroticpus

I'm such a mouser, as you can tell. I wouldn't even use the keyboard if I didn't need to. :biggergri

But, I did just figure out why the trolls didn't give up the password. If you beat them down too far like a rented mule, they can't come back awake and give you the password. That's the important part. You have to leave them enough health so they can regenerate and awaken so you can get the password. I suppose if you smash them down to -240 non-lethal damage, you could wait for 5 hours until he regenerates enough to come awake to get the password. I was resting in Hedrak's big fight place until I got trolls and then I figured it out. The random encounter trolls gave it to me and not the ones placed back in the rooms.

5. Necroticpus

Finished my 2nd play through of NC. I did a neutral good party this time. When I created the party, it gave me the option of taking Giant, so I took him and 2 created characters, a cleric and a wizard.

Giant is absolutely brutal at higher levels with the proper feats. He's downright ugly in a fight, and not because he only has a 5 charisma. It's because he can use a 2-handed ranseur in each hand and rock the house. For the nodes, I just buffed him and he destroyed all 4 nodes by himself, including the demons, including the failor.

It's interesting to note that when I created 5 guys for a party, they all ended up at 12th level each. With three characters only, Giant was 17th level, 14/2 cleric/fighter and 17 wizard.

6. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

Is GIANT actually a hill giant? i didn't know that!

That's pretty cool

7. Necroticpus

He's a very large half-orc but he looks like a hill giant's @$$.

8. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

I was wondering how you equipped dual wielded 2 handed weapons - in this case 2 ransuers.

Is there a "monkey grip" feat i am missing? I figured that maybe he was able to do that since he was a Large size character ... of which standard character selection is always small or medium for the playable races. and being "Large" thusly treated the ransuer as a 1 handed weapon. That WOULD rock the house - though i would opt for ransuer and spiked chain - he would look like some huge gladiator dude. game engine probably would not know how to render that.

at least that was my understanding from your post. thanks!

9. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Rogue can disable it.

10. Necroticpus

He can wield two 2 handed weapons because he's 6'10" tall. Characters that you can create can only be 6'6" tall. That extra 4 inches makes all the difference in the world. If I was just 4 inches taller, I could uproot trees with my bare hands!

There's no special monkey grip feats or anything like that but there should be! Monks could all be crouching tiger/hidden dragon. Or the vulcan nerve pinch.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@Sitra Achara, if you're reading: in your Codex LP, how is it that you're attacking the HB lieutenants before they run off via dialog?

12. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

sorry for butting in.
    I've noticed if you approach the officers from behind after engaging their troops they go into combat mode.

13. chano

chano Established Member

Hi,

I have a few questions.

Have the Drow in Deklo Grove been removed?
    When playing NE before that's where you got the Ring belonging to Black Jay.
    Has that quest also been removed? ( I think i got the ring when playing Chaotic Neutral)

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ooo, another old timer - welcome back Chano :wave:

As for your questions, I've been looking for the ring myself ;)

15. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I have found the ring on creatures that did not have loot on them before 5.8. Make sure you check everything ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!