Circle of Eight Modpack 5.6.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Aug 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. oudeis

oudeis Member

But they had so much valuable gear, both in terms of usability and salability. :p

Also, doesn't leaving them alive prevent you from completing a quest?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Kill them anyway.

I think we need a few choices to close off other choices. ;)

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

God no! -- a choice to be made without a clear indication of an advantage to point us in the right direction?!? Lunacy! :twitch: ;)

4. GuardianAngel82

Hey! We have the guidance received from our "other" selves.

(No! Not YOU, stupid, the "other" you!...No! Not YOU, stupid, the "other"...) :yikes::blahblah:

5. GuardianAngel82

Blundered beyond the Broken Tower at ToEE. VERY nice! :thumbsup:

6. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Are you referencing the improved fights inside with Smigal and Falrinth?

7. GuardianAngel82

What? The fights have been improved?

So THAT was what all the fountaining of blood and death rattles was about... :twitch:

(Yes. That and more.) ;)

8. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I was thinking I'm not liking the fact that most NPCs would refuse to even talk if you have a certain party member - like Scorpp or Oolghrist. Fair enough, the do-gooders may find it objectionable, but not the evil guys like Hextor Priest... Also, maybe a character with high diplomacy should be allowed to persuade the counterparty to talk despite the presence of an "objectionable party member".

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but Scorpp's "leave party" option doesn't work properly - you can't recruit him back, since the dialogue goes back to the "You were too stupid to return here..." then attack. He should at least be given a "wait" option, until/if the dialogue with NPCs in his presence is somehow made possible.

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Playing 5.6.1... Does the chest in the CN opening REALLY need to have such a high DC?

10. GuardianAngel82

There's 2 chests. The booby-trapped one with the key to the doors, which kills me half the the time (DC=18, I think). And the other, behind the third set of doors.

I'm not sure why the CN start is so rogue-heavy either. :shrug:

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Oh well, I got through that by consoling in a Vest of Escape, which was just barely enough to open that second chest...

Still, sth should be done about it.

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Also, does anyone have problems with using "benign transposition" spell? It simply doesn't work for me.

13. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I found a bug - a cleric with Sun domain has not just one, but what seems to be 3+CHA times of Greater Turning per day; tested with Meleny.

14. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Well, this is the thing. I loaded 5.6 and started adventuring. I cleared out the gnolls in the moathouse. As soon as I did that, the game became unplayable. It slows way, way, way down and takes several long seconds for the party to move from point A to point B. I have to click several times in order for anything to register. I played through 5.5 beta millions of times and this never happened. I'm at a loss. Running XP Pro and more than enough juice to handle the game. I thought maybe is was a video issue and I messed with things to alleviate the problem but nothing worked. Maybe I'll try reforming another party and giving it another shot. If that doesn't work, then I just don't know.

15. shadow5

shadow5 Member

I'm playing my first game of 5.6.0 and I'm reporting the bugs I've encountered.I had the bug where Brother Smyth doesn't properly spawn masterwork items.He manages to produce a hafling siangham and a quarterstaff but nothing else masterwork. The cabinet maker does produce his masterwork collection,but when I went back a second time the only items he had were his personal items,money-Iwon't sell that-and his staff.The witch and her gang did respawn,though nothing else in the moathouse did.I also seemed to have a bug with Alrem where we got in a dialog loop where I couldn't inform him I recruited Oohlgrist .

Our Host!