Circle of Eight Modpack 5.6.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Aug 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I don't read every thread on the forums so yes, it was kind of a surprise to me. I'm going to make a new party tonight with every character having 3 in all stats and maybe lower if I use a demi-human, and see if it makes any difference at all.

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well, the Temple feels a bit more challenging, partly because of the restored balance (or maybe because I'm running a really silly 3-sorcerers-and-a-cleric party). Still, I'd say good job on bringing it back.

Darn, the new Falrinth and Smigmal fight is evil :evilgrin: The stupid bugbears! I had to reload a few times before I got into a lucky streak, and managed to "take care" (Stinking Cloud - awesome control spell) of Falrinth before he decided to annihilate my weak party with a fireball. For Smigmal, Charm or the Paralyze+Coup de Grace works as well as ever. Sadly though, I killed her before she managed to summon those scary assassins, and they don't appear if she's dead. I missed out on XP and lotsa gold for their magic swords :thumbsdow Still, the battle was close enough that I didn't feel like replaying it.

The removal of extra content was mentioned in the Readme iirc :roll:

3. MonkeyLancer

MonkeyLancer Member

:yikes: would that effectively be a party of infants? with a strength like that, how much could they carry? I'm imagining your fighter baby equipped with a dagger and padded armor at the most..

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ OR, they could become famous for 5-foot-stepping the enemy to death ^___^

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

An update on the Smigmal jerkstop: it occurs if you try to charm one of the assassins she summons up. If you murder everyone, there's no jerkstop. I haven't confirment whether charming just Smigmal causes jerkstop or not.

Also, the assassins still have theit Wakizashi +1 pre-idenified. I wonder how come this issue hasn't been solved yet - I remember it since 5.0.0 :yes:

6. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I just finished my first 5.6 playthrough last night with the 25 point buy thing. It was good, but not very much different than any other run I've done. Some places were beefed up just a very small bit and some places were nerfed beyond nerfing.

I was very, very sad to see that the galeb duhrs are now extremely wienerish, whereas before they were absolutely rough.

The bosses summon more stuff at the beginning of fights. I liked seeing 32 quasit familiars taking it to the characters that sit behind and let the fighters do the work. I hope that there isn't a cap to the amount of poison debuffs 1 character can get, lol.

The balor *twitch* is bad enough by himself but when he summons in 3 hezrou frog demons, it can get out of hand very quickly if you are not prepared. I liked it.

Scather still does the AoO crashing thing, which is extra irritating.

I really did not notice any charging crossbowmen but I did meet some charging bugbears with bows in the temple proper.

I know there was more but I cannot recall them now. If I do remember, I'll edit the post.

Our Host!