Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by GuardianAngel82, Nov 28, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.x + CMF Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

I notice this bug in 5.5.0, but I do not know if it is exclusive to 5.5.0

I did the major temple fight with Iuz/Cuthbert and Hector. When Iuz appeared, I attempted to trade the orb for a Deck of Many Thing (which I did not get) but Iuz charmed my wizard. When Iuz dissappeared, the mind control remained during the fight (understandable) but it remained after the fight as well.

After the fight, my mage acted normal (he would go where I told him too) except I could not get the radial menu up. Therefore I could cast no spells. Furthermore, I took him to Jaroo and Tejon and tried a 'Cure Disease' but nothing worked.

I think the game might think that because Iuz never 'died' the mind control is still in effect. Is there a known cure?

I am on P4 Mobile processor, Dell Lapton, running Win XP (SP2) with 1 GB ram. Running 5.5.0 with no modifications.

Update: Also a full heal spell from my cleric did not help. Nor does resting.

2. Invoker

Invoker Member

Hi. I'm new to the forums. Just discovered this mod and I love it. However, I've been having an issue. I'm not sure this is the right place to post it, so let me know. Also I'm unsure whether this has been posted/resolved.

Anyway, so far everything seems to work fine except in combat all the radial menus as well as some of the messages in combat say the following:

"Error missing line 5009 in mes/combat.mes

If anyone could help me out, that'd be great.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Line 5009 is 'reload'.

Here is a copy of combat.mes, put it in data/mes, although if yours isn't working / missing / broken, you have a broken install of the Co8 patch (at least). Something to think about.

Attached Files:

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

My game CTDs on Moathouse cave exit map. Suggestions?

5. anglophile

anglophile Member

I'm running the mod pack and everything seems to be working so far (i.e. the game actually starts).

When I attempt to create a new character, I can't get beyond choosing hair color. I select a color, but the Class selection button remains red. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Did you try selecting different hair styles? The game sometimes does this thing where you can't proceed unless you select one =)

7. anglophile

anglophile Member

Yes, I cycled through almost every color to no avail. I rotated my character, anything to try and trigger it.

8. anglophile

anglophile Member

I'm not sure what happened, but I am now able to select a class. The only real change I made was switching from the 5.5 mod to the default mod and a reboot. Thanks for looking!

9. Kainz

Kainz Member

I checked every released WotC D&D 3.0/3.5 book and such magic item simply doesn't exist in 3rd edition of D&D at all. After going throught the 3rd edition, I did the same thing for majority of old AD&D stuff I have lying around or have in PDF format (got pretty much all of it). Didn't have any more luck with those either.

I think it is quite safe to assume that the item is most likely created for the PC game only. Thou it is kinda weird because the game is quite loyal to D&D in general.. :scratchhe

I don't have the original ToEE module so I can't tell wether the item exists there or not.

10. tejón

tejón Member

Under 3.5e rules, turning is a two-roll process. The first roll is d20 + Charisma modifier, and it determines the maximum HD you can turn (i.e., if a given creature's HD are higher than the result, you can't turn it). A result of 10 to 12 lets you turn creatures of your level; it scales up and down in groups of three (7 to 9 is -1 level, 13 to 15 is +1 level, and so on).

The second roll is 2d6 + Cleric level + Cha mod. This is the TOTAL number of HD you can turn, and if there are more total HD of undead around, some will be unaffected.

Fighting gnoll skeletons, which have 2HD, you could easily have a run of bad luck on the first roll, especially if you skimped on Charisma. This would result in no creatures being turned (because they all have too many HD), therefore no creatures being destroyed by Greater Turning. As you gain levels the number you have to roll to turn a 2HD creature decreases, making success more likely.

To clarify Austoerrt's comment, selecting a color is not enough. You have to pick a hair style from the wig stands at the bottom. At least that's my experience! :)

11. tejón

tejón Member

Heh, this actually upset me because I figured it out on my own but had been talking to him with my bard, which led to a pat on the head and a booby prize. :(

12. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Isn't the Robes of Midnight a Cujo invention? For some reason that rings bells with me... If so, it could probably just be set however Cujo wants it, but it should at least match the description one way or the other.

13. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Wow! I've been away for a while and you folks have been busy. :)

Great job on 5.5.0!

I personally like the way it runs very smoothly on vista. ;)

The new frontend loader is sweeeeeet!! :dribble:

*tips hat and bows*

14. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Is there any plan to have a mini CMF update thread as there was for 5.0.x?

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

One of the scariest bugs in 5.5.0 - Melany is totally uber :chick:

Here's a list of things, from my experience:

She gets no penalty from using weapons w/o proficiency (tested on longsword, orc double axe).
    She gets no armour prof. penalty (ex. dragonhide plate)
    Allowed to use iron shields (but not armour, tested on Terjon's +5 shield :evilgrin:)

In short, here's Melany :chainsaw: Did GA mess with the install? :bored:

Our Host!