Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by GuardianAngel82, Nov 28, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

I suggested in >this< thread that some means of removing otherwise permanent party members should be added. Fruella could be an exception; and, whether you want them to remove themselves for ever is up to you (though I would prefer it if they waited for you until you returned, as in BGII).

-Mike

2. SharkD

Is there any way to increase the number of marker flags you can place on a map? I always run out of them...

-Mike

3. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Right, stupid question:
    Why to use that flags to mark the map?
    I know that it just look a stupid question, but, cĀ“mon, its me! I'm being honest here. No idea of the use of that things.

So, shall someone drop some light over me about this?
    Many thanks!

4. SharkD

Careful, it's heavy! :nerd:

I need it in the temple so that I can mark the various temples, bugbears, exits and so forth. Plus I want to create a map for a walkthrough later.

-Mike

5. SharkD

Here's one thing I think should be fixed: the white and black monk boots weigh 2 units. I think that's a bit heavy for a bunch of cloth.

-Mike

[edit]
    Also, I think adding a blue (or a variety of colors?) halo around the sprites of all enchanted equipment would be a good idea. I don't want to accidentally sell my Hands of Fire becuase I didn't look closely enough at its description.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  6. SharkD

Bug: the descriptions for the Nodachi and Silver Nodachi say they are two-handed swords. Normally, Giant can wield these weapons in one hand since he's a plus-sized character. However, he is unable to do so with these weapons.

-Mike

[edit]
    Sorry. Didn't realize this was the wrong thread to post suggestions/bug reports.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  7. SharkD

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.x + CMF Bug Report Thread

Here's several comments I posted in the other thread not realizing it was the wrong thread:

1. I suggested in >this< thread that some means of removing otherwise permanent party members should be added. Fruella could be an exception; and, whether you want them to remove themselves for ever is up to you (though I would prefer it if they waited for you until you returned, as in BGII).
    2. Is there any way to increase the number of marker flags you can place on a map? I always run out of them...
    3. The white and black monk boots weigh 2 units. I think that's a bit heavy for a bunch of cloth.
    4. I think adding a blue (or a variety of colors?) halo around the sprites of all enchanted equipment would be a good idea. I don't want to accidentally sell my Hands of Fire becuase I didn't look closely enough at its description.
    5. Bug: the descriptions for the Nodachi and Silver Nodachi say they are two-handed swords. Normally, Giant can wield these weapons in one hand since he's a plus-sized character. However, he is unable to do so with these weapons.

-Mike

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@SharkD -

Actually this is the correct thread for suggestions et al. If you want to post a bug report, the other thead is the correct one, but you have to do it according to the guidelines listed in the first post.

9. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

The flags are useful as markers to remind you where important or obscure places are. Like remembering who sells arrows and bolts in the game. Useful for first time players. Frequent players should be able to walk Hommlet blindfolded.

10. SharkD

The description for the katana says it can be used in either one or two hands, but it can actually only be used in two hands by normal-sized people. (Giant is the only one who can use it one-handed.)

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It can be used one-handed if you have the EWP feat.

12. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

The katana uses the same rules for bastard sword (actually, its considered the same weapon for feats consideration), so ya willl not found a Exotic Weapon Proficience (Katana), but if ya pick the EWP for bastard sword, ya shall be able to use the katana with just one hand.

13. SharkD

Awesome! Thanks for the correction.

-Mike

14. SharkD

According to the text descriptions, the Nodachi and Silver Nodachi use the Bastard Sword feat, but I looked in Protos.tab and they actually are considered Great Swords.

-Mike

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The text description of the first is wrong - its definitely a greatsword (hence 'no dachi', which means much the same as 'clay more') - and the second is simply broken.

Our Host!