Circle of Eight Mod Pack 5.0.0 FINAL

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Jul 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Demicore

Demicore è_é

Just passing by to say thanks for the awesome work ^^

The original game was so frustrating I buried it deep inside my games shelf waiting for some patches and proceeded to forget it, until I dug back an old issue of a magazine mentioning you in their review of toee (the game was released here weeks after the US release) so I decided to check out the 5.0.0 feature list and wow... impressive!

2. dmoore115

dmoore115 Member

Re: Newbie to modding in need of help - Hommlet sign post

how do you get teds mod 5.0.02 ?

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Re: Newbie to modding in need of help - Hommlet sign post

Someone give that man a cookie. :thumbsup:

If you mean Co8 5.0.2 (I haven't released a "Teds mod" since before Co8 4) then you would download Co8 5.0.0, then patch it with the lastest patch from the "Cumulative Mods and Fixes" thread, which will patch it to 5.0.3. There are more elaborate install instructions in that thread.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  4. Cloudsprinter

Cloudsprinter Member

Nothing changes at Co8 :love: , except, toee gets better. this game is classic. great work guys. my last post was perhaps 9 months ago:)

5. darkit2004

darkit2004 Member

Hello Co8...great web site and great job improving a good game to make it great.

However, I need some help. I have been trying to download the Mod 5.0.0. all day and have ZERO luck getting the download to install. Yes, I have tried deleting the temp files as an earlier post suggested. Yes, I have tried downloading and running the file from different locations. Yes, I have Net. 2, actually I have NET. 3 I have even tried running it straight from the web site; yet, I still can't install it. I keep getting a file corrupt error, at different points in the install, and am unable to complete the install at all.

Please help.

:help:

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@darkit2004: Delete any copy of the Co8 5.0.0 MOD that you have already downloaded. Have Internet Explorer closed (absolutely NO open Windows). Then, follow these steps.

7. darkit2004

darkit2004 Member

Thanks Krunch, but no joy. I tried an additional three times using your directions specifically and still no luck. So, I gave up and on a hunch downloaded 4.0.0. For a totally unknown reason, it installed perfect the first time. Thanks anyway. However, if you can think of any other ideas, I am all ears.

Cheers,

Darkit2004

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

darkit2004 -

You might try downloading from the Sorcerer's Place link here, although that may just be the same file sitting on the same server. It's worth a try anyway.

I tried our own link and had no problems downloading, so despite all your efforts it's still probably something to do with your temp files as opposed to our sever. There have been corrupted download reports before though. It happens.

Good luck.

9. the biz

the biz Member

Hi, 1st time poster here :)

I just wanted to give a big thanks to all those involved in this mod pack :biggergri

I started playing ToEE last year but gave up on it cause of all the bugs and stuff ... now this pack has made me start playing it again and I'm loving it even more ... everything is great, from the small things like new textures + new items, to the big things like new quests and areas ... well done again to everyone involved :clap:

10. harchunk

harchunk Member

Does one need to restart a new game every time you add a new mod that seems like such a waste. Not the mod but having to restart after you add a new mod.

11. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Not every mod, thank God. Everything should work with your
    old saves unless it changes some data with maps and the world
    map.

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

You can install the Co8 5.0.1 CMF without starting a new game. However, you might miss some changes and fixes because you are already past certain points in the game. Also, game saves from the Co8 5.0.0 MOD version of the game will work in a Co8 5.0.1 CMF updated version of the game.

If you install the Co8 5.0.2 or 5.0.3 CMFs (either one), you will need to start a new game AND previous game saves from the Co8 5.0.0 MOD and 5.0.1 CMF cannot be used when you select and play the Co8 5.0.2 or 5.0.3 CMF version of the game in the ToEE Front End.

13. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

Thank you, rufnredde, for the pieces of eight. Dial-up bites. I gotta get back in the fast lane!

14. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

All hail th Mighty Modders! Praise them with great praise!

I DM'd The Temple twice with AD&D, once in a cell block. (Long story;these guys were brutal,too!) When I got The pc version, I was disapointed: very lame for such good source material!

Co8 saved the day. 4.0 made the game wonderful, and I expect 5.0 to be so much better. Thanks to the sixteen part download for my lame connection, I embark once more.

Whoohoo!

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

FTP links have been fixed.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
Our Host!