Circle of Eight Mod Pack 5.0.0 FINAL

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Jul 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. adarius

adarius One man army.

Wow, I had put my copy of ToEE away for almost four years now. I went through half of the alignment storylines, and after that I just made a killing spree party, with which I literally killed every npc in the game with.

I thought I'd brush off the dust, come back and see what patches they finally made for it. Other than the official patches, this site caught my eye because of the unofficial patch text within google's description. I came to take a look cause I've played many other games where a team of fans have made monumentally successful unofficial patches, and to my joy, that's what this was. This is great and I'm overjoyed at the newest patch you have, which makes the gameplay so much better. I'm doubtful to try any of the 5.0.1+ versions just yet as I'm not sure what they will do, but I've been to re-absorbed into the game to find out.

I am curious though, is there a working level cap modifier that can be used with you version 5.0.0+ patches? I haven't found one online, and my brief scan through your downloads and general modifications sections didn't turn up anything that I saw.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The Frontend gives you the option to choose your level cap, up to level 20 the frontend requires Microsoft.net version 2.0 or higher to run, and has other options available as well, including support for multiple modules (with the Keep on the Borderlands demo release being imminent this is a required program if you intend to try it).

3. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

The Co8 5.0.0 has a level cap of 20 which
    means it's been doubled in comparison with the
    original game. :)

4. adarius

adarius One man army.

I saw the Borderlands section, it seems like a good addition.

So there is a built in cap, ok thank you. I'm a little curious now though, because my frontend is giving me an error. I'm positive I have .NET installed. Let me pull up the error...

Edit: Here it is, "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." ... :help: I'm gonna try to install .NET 2.0 again and see if that works, maybe I have 1.0....i dunno. Anything else anyone can think of?

Edit: Oh, and, what do I do with the 5.0.1+ patches when I installed Co8 to use it as ToEEFE? Do I have to rename the base folders in the zip as it is in the main folder?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  5. Allyx

To install the CMF files first make sure you have loaded the 5.0.0 module from the frontend first, and subsequently quit the game (to insure that the Co8 module is in the correct place), then unzip the files into your root folder.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  6. adarius

adarius One man army.

Thanks for that, I noticed that it renames your original data folder. Oh and it is now finally working, I went back and checked, I had version 1.0 of the .NET Framework =\ So, this is really cool so far ^-^ I made some new chars and and created a new solo party, yay.

7. Jota

Jota Member

Long time i donĀ“t come here, outstanding what a dedicated community can do for a game, i will begin a new game with the last version of the mod. Im making part of a mod, the thief series call it The Dark Mod, this will be a great inspiration for my work.

Its realy an example of what its a community mod game.

congratulations you all.

8. Allyx

It's always a pleasure to see you here Jota, without your tutorial about making independant maps, Verbobonc (and other new mods) would not have been created). Good luck with your future mods. :)

9. Alagasia

Alagasia Amazon Warrior

Okay, so I'm posting this in hopes that someone is still reading it...

I downloaded 5.0.0 and when I try to open, it says it's corrupt and that I need to get a fresh copy...

Where exactly in this thread can I find a link for a fresh copy of this Pack? There's five pages with about 15 posts per page... I did a search and get lots of answers as the pack is mentioned in several different places in this forum.

I'd really like to get my ToEE running right. It's sad to see that Atari has pretty much abandoned it.

10. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

It's in post #1 at the top left labeled Here in blue highlite. Delete the the old one and try again.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Jota was here? Why don't people tell me these things?!?!? :suprised:

12. aa21999

aa21999 Member

[I can't seem to get the XP cap to work for my npc so far it stops on 54999?

13. Allyx

That would make the level capped at level 10. Are you playing the Co8-5.0.0 module? or the original Temple of Elemental Evil module? because the default level cap for 5.0.0 is set to level 20.

If you are using the frontend, make sure you select the 5.0.0 module and save your settings (only needs to be done once - when switching to a new module) before launching the game.

14. paladin_17

paladin_17 Member

i am playing the co8 mod 5 final and it is going great, an excellent mod to the game, but i keep experiencing a problem. When i go to Verbobonc and enter the tunnels to fight the drow I keep getting the message AN ERROR HAS OCCURED AND THIS FILE MUST BE CLOSED. It has happened three times now, but the game runs fine when i load, delete the saves from the verbobonc portion and just play in the temple and surroundings game area. Has anyone else had this problem, and are there any suggestions on how to overcome it? Any help is greatly appreciated! thanks

15. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

It sounds like a file did not install correctly. I would reinstall the Co8 5.0 mod, and if that does not fix it maybe install the 5.0.4 CMF if you weren't already using it. The CMF includes a lot of fixes and new content, some involving Verbobonc, but if you install the CMF it will make your old save games incompatable and you will have to start over.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
Our Host!