Cheater in Hommlet? (spoilers???)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DaBigDawgND, Dec 30, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

Whats up with the cheater quest in Hommlet? Is there a way to actually catch Furnok at cheating? I have a human rogue with the intimidate, gather info, and the rest of the gather information skills maxed, atleast maxed as you can get for 3rd level, and still cant catch him. Love the 5.3 mod though, just making sure I am not goofing this up somehow.

2. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

from memory i think the quest needs Spot skill... could be wrong tho :p

3. Fortran

Fortran Member

Yes, its Spot, something your Rogue should already be proficient at, I would imagine.

I do this quest at level 1, first thing, so just 4 points in it (plus skill modifier) should easily let you catch Furnok at it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  4. gunsrcool

gunsrcool Member

just keep playing the games with him,,,it usually takes 8 or 10 trys

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you're using 5.0.3, I believe you'll still have my initial version of the 'fix' that dealt with Furnok's gambling, which means that if the character gambling with him doesn't have a high enough Spot skill, he'll never catch him. This has since been reverted to original form, and the new version can be found in the CMF thread. As originally written, any character would eventually catch Furnok (as gunsrcool pointed out), but it could take a number of tries depending on your Spot skill.

6. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

Thanx all, I appreciate your time.

Our Host!