Character advancement help

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by SharkD, Aug 7, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

I'm trying to figure out the proper way to advance characters. I've created a table of what I *think* is the proper way to do it after looking through the D&D reference.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/User:SharkD

I'd appreciate it if someone here would check and see if I made any mistakes.

-Mike

2. SharkD

Since the D&D wiki is down, I'll ask again here:

1. Are there any feats which affect skill point usage or accumulation?
    2. Can creatures have a negative HP bonus?
    3. When determining what is and isn't a class skill, do all of a character's classes (i.e. a multi-class character) count or just the most recent class?
    4. Which bonus feats are rogues allowed to select in place of special abilities?
    5. When selecting from among non-bonus (i.e. regular) feats for a character, what limitations are there? Can a character choose from among any of the feats as long as they meet the basic requirements?
    6. I'm adding specializations (i.e. weapon type in parentheses) to "Weapon Finesse" and "Simple Weapon Proficiency". Will this create a problem?
    7. Where can I find details about the "Sunder" feat?
    8. Are Magical Affinity and Magical Aptitude the same feat?
    9. In protos, some NPCs have the "Running" feat. Shouldn't this be just "Run"?
    10. Some feats in protos have the word "Feat" in front of them. What's different about these?
    11. What is the difference between "Greater Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike - Small Being)" and "Greater Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike)"?
    12. Why is there a "Weapon Finesse (Unarmed Strike - Medium-Sized Being)" but not a "Greater Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike - Medium-Sized Being)"?
    13. Why do "Greater Weapon Specialization (Ray)" and "Weapon Specialization (Ray)" not exist? Are rays exempt?
    14. Likewise, why are there no "Improved Critical (Grapple)" or "Improved Critical (Ray)"?
    15. Why are all skill ranks in protos integers? Shouldn't there also be half ranks?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The feats are pulled verbatim from feats.tab (not feats.mes). I believe the differences arose from the mid-development switch from 3.0 to 3.5, as most of one type or other are 3.5-only feats.

4. SharkD

Duh, I didn't think to look in the other files. However, I can't find feats.tab in the data directory. Do I need to extract it from one of the dat files? Which one?

-Mike

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It's in ToEE3/rules.

Just so you guys know, you'll only find game files in the modpack (and hence in your game directory of ToEE) that have been modded.

Our Host!