Changes in Co8 6.0.2

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Feb 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I wonder if Reincarnate should be made equivalent pricewise with Raise Dead, since it appears that nothing can be done to apply the random race change. Moreover, Jaroo's dialog is misleading and perhaps should be deleted.

2. rbc

rbc Shoggoth

A hell of a lot of XP, too! The most glaring change is the elemental nodes, which are vastly smaller and vastly less dangerously inhabited in Troika's version than in Gygax's, but it's full of little things, too, like the one lonely giant rat near the stairs down from the first level of the temple, which is really supposed to be *144* giant rats... Every once in a while, I try my hand at a massive mod to make the nodes as hard as they were supposed to have been, but I always give up after just a week or two without having gotten very far at all. :(

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

That rat actually respawns. Continuously. I've never bothered to count how many there are, though, since it's just annoying.

4. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

Are their any plans to fix Lareth's club to a quarterstaff so he benefits from two-weapon fighting with it being a double weapon?
    Item#4125 is the +3 staff of striking. That is what Lareth's "club" is supposed to be. I think it should also glow red instead of blue like the background off his portrait. I know the unholy property does this.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

There are no plans to change Lareth's weapons, no. His club used to wrongly be called a staff; we fixed that.

Our Host!