Challenge Rating of St. Cuthbert

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mposadas_sj, Feb 16, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. mposadas_sj

mposadas_sj cp gatherer

This was done without any mod, any cheat (only rerolling a lot). Previous to any patch... so, there was my party, killing Iuz in front of Cuthbert (he didn't even jump in) and then going after Cuthbert.

Maan!! Thanks to Spike Growth!

Attached Files:

2. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Nice work. I myself have killed Iuz once, but I was set out to kill him anyway.

I assume you must have excellent archers with the maximum amount of buffs, as I found the most damage came from archers, not swords or whatever. I do ask, humbly, what treasure you got from the encounter. What were you able to loot from Cuthbert and Iuz. I am curious to know whether it is worth trying for something other than the experience.

3. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I was kinda disappointed when I killed Iuz, because he went down so quickly Cuth-boy never showed. :(
    I think Iuz had nothing or next to nothing on him, but was worth a helluva lot of exp, naturally.

4. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

If I remember correctly they don't have any magical loot to speak of. I think it work out well if they did, since only people looking for a challenge attack them.

5. mposadas_sj

mposadas_sj cp gatherer

That's right... no treasure worth the trouble of killing them. Only reward of a deicide by a party of half-orc fighter, elf ranger, human cleric, elf wizard and halfling rogue. Buffed up, drying out wands, heavy potion drinking, and lucky rolls.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
Our Host!