Cezmail's Discoveries-old and new

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cezmail, Sep 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I made the buld, true, but I like to play possibilities and see what happens. Heck I have stopped the game part to half way through just to try something new and see what happens. I did not say that this was an effective build, just letting others who may wish to know what I have discovered or reveal with the dice/number readouts. :)

I happen to like the mighty cleaver as a weapon, but will try all kinds of weird combos to see how they play out. As well as give a group a handicap and see I can overcome it. :)

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Yeah, that is one of the things that was nice about NWN was that you could go back and add a level or two at a later time.

3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well another discovery for me but that may not be new to others, Got to level 4 of the Temple and went after Senshock and friends. Kill him off and loot all that he is carrying. Then I raise him and he teleports away. I then went to Verbobanc and traded with him. Bought all that I wanted and then wastte him yet again.

Not only do you get double the treasure from the red robed blowhard, his two apprentices just stand around posing as you kill off their master. :)

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I get sooooo many great ideas from you Necro.

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Umm Necro or do you maybe mean me? ;)

6. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

My alt is cezmail.

7. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Just saw something new today, finished the moathouse and return to town overflowing with loot. I usually read Lareth's diary in his room and get Nulb added to the world map, but this time I forgot it and went back to town to unload and several of the merchants offered to tell me where it was. The tailor, jeweler, and cabinet make all new where it was, and Terjon ask me to go there to check things out. It may well have been there the whole time, but I have never seen these options, so if you can't unlock the book, there are plenty of other ways to get there.

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Cool to know. I knew you could Terjon and Jakk would tell you, but the others, that's new to me. So I guess that the whole idea of the diary, while full of info, is just one route to continue with the game.

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Hi me.:wave::poke::beer::drunk: :D

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It's heck when you get old and everything is all confusing ...........

Next I'm gonna have ta have my name pinned on my shirt ... uhhh, have you seen my shirt anywhere?

11. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I have done the same thing many a time myself, sirchet, so no worries. Plus Necro and I (or at least on my part) had a nice laugh with it all. :)

Now as for the shirt,* umm your forgot to even wear one. The safety pin is still sticking through your chest hairs. :evilgrin:

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

New find for me, which I thought was funny.

Tried out the NE opening with a one premade character. The acolyte came out, gave his speech, and then won initiative. Got a crit and killed the mage. Final scene before the death fade out was him raising his sword and shield in a victory salute. Don't think IO ever saw something like that from a NPC.

13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Another thing that is not new to most, but which I thought was kinda cool. Even if you start with a CE opening, you can create a cleric with a CN alignment, and with his choosing neutral god, can have spontaneous healing.

So even as you are laying waste to the peons of the villagers and their narrow minded leaders, your cleric can be healing you as the paladin hordes are striking you down with their righteous strikes.

14. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Here is a monster I have never seen before, with over 20 play throughs!

[​IMG]

It looks undead, but ny rogue hit for a sneak attack, killing it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  15. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

There's one in the Air Temple, where the Holy Ranseur is.

Our Host!