Cezmail's Discoveries-old and new

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cezmail, Sep 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

It was a little funny that no one commented about my enlarged RR walking about Hommlet and doing his trading. Just how the AI is, but was interesting nevertheless.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Now that we have the merchant inventory renewing, thought I would try out something and. I bought a second merchant scale and then looked at my characters skill total. The two bonus's stack along with the eyeglasses. Now I do not think in the actual PnP rules that the two bonuses from the same type of item can stack, but for now it looks like they do. Bought a third just to be sure and all three stack with the eyeglasses.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

cezmail,

Your discoveries make for some fun reading. ;)

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well Thank you kind sirchet. My pleasure and also it seems I am not the only one who is starting their own findings thread. :poke:(points at oakheart)

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok a new one that you may not know about. If you use a heavy crossbow, along with rapid reload and rapid shot, you will get your two shots at first level when you click to attack, yet if you try the full attack option, you get "not enough time" message.

Not sure what is allowed normally, just strange how one way allows both attacks and the other does not allow any.

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

A frustrating one is if you do not have a rogue in your group (As I am trying to do for a challenge) and you attempt to disarm Lareth's diary, you will get a message that you should pass it along to someone else, as you do not know what you are doing. After the first attempt, you can never just open the damn thing, damn the torpedoes and everything.

Time for power word reload and just open it

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well the reload was a no go, so guess Lareth's secrets will go down with his black soul, as I plan on taking a rogue level in this group I am playing. Why you can not just use a hammer and chisel, or heck, even a rock, to but the lock is seemingly indistructable without a rogue.

Now I do have both disable traps and open locks on my monk, but they are useless with this Artifact. oh well. :)

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok, not wanting to be a total defeatist I gained a level, got crafted +6 gloves of dex, as well a guidance and FINALLY got the diary open. Just had to get up to that threshold I guess. Just makes it difficult when you do not have a rogue in the group.

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Having never used the spell in a water area before, saw something interesting.

Guess the water weeds must be pretty heavy in the Reach, as when my druid cast entangle on the Giant Gar, he was held tight so my snipers could all pick away at the beastie.

10. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

You could always hire the gambling rogue at the Homlett Inn to open it, then fire him.

11. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Yeah I know. I just like to keep things between my guys and tough things out regardless. I goof up or miss out on something, then that's how the battle ax bounces. But thanks for pointed it out, I do appreciate the feedback GG. :yes:

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Grrr, I added something so those would not stack, it must have been bypassed.....

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Oops! Sorry to add to your frustration ST. Hope you do not have me in your kill sights now. :)

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Ted is just the distracter. Gaear is the one to worry about.

Don't run, you'll only die tired.

Just kidding. You are actually helping everyone out. ;)

15. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

THAT ... should be a taunt or an evil villain's words as he unsheathes his sword. :pelvicthr

Our Host!