Cezmail's Discoveries-old and new

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cezmail, Sep 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Here is some info on a Drelb-though not for 3ed-
    summoned to guard wealth or place, always mistaken for wraith, cannot be turned, chill touch makes victim fall 1 rnd dropping all (no save), can illus making prey think its retreating (90%), +1 weapon to hit, magic silver double dmg, reflect psionics 30',summoning magic normally only functions at night.

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

So this would be a good template to make a wraith, another good monster to add to the mix.

3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

It could be. I had thought the Drelb was a type of demon, but guess I was wrong.

I agree that wraiths and other incorporeal undead would be cool to add to the game. Make use of the restoration spell and give more challenge to some of the random encounters. Heck add them with encounters with wisps and REALLY give the party a battle. :)

4. okashii

okashii Member

Here is something I learned today - you cannot use orb of golden death if you have intelligence ability score of 8. [But works fine if you have it at 10]

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

That is indeed interesting to know. I wonder if it has to do with casting and the need of a base 10 or higher to cast spells. I hardly use the orb much. Mostly I either sell it or destroy the sucker. :)

6. okashii

okashii Member

Hmm looks like I may have been wrong - I was just doing a test to see if INT 8 and headband of intelect would be enough to use the orb of golden death, but wierdly I can use it's two basic abilities despite the low inteligence. However I am not far enough into the game to see if it is enough to use the summons & other spells after obtaining the elemental gems. I will post an update on this once I'm done with the current playthrough.
    [Hopefully the last one before posting my small guide.]

Edit: Sorry, turns out I was indeed wrong, can summon Hezrou with INT 8, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  7. Grimslade

Grimslade Member

"I believe that improved turning will stack and help to get some more undead when you use your greater turning. "

Sorry if this is a real noob question - but where do you get Greater Turning from?? I've never seen this.

8. vectner

vectner Member

To get Greater Turning you need to have a cleric with the Sun domain.

9. Grimslade

Grimslade Member

TY so much :) Also - if you assign a new god to your cleric through the console, do you get new domains also? I'd love to try out the Sun domain, but I'm not too keen on starting a new campaign just to do it.

10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I am not sure. I am inclined to say no, but if you have made the change BEFORE adding any cleric levels, then you may well be able to try it out. :)

Our Host!