Cezmail's Discoveries-old and new

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cezmail, Sep 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok, I will just post the stuff I am finding out here rather that floor the other thread. Read for enjoyment at my not having found out these before.

Ok, I am back in HB and at the cave blockage. I start combat to destroy it and my Half Orc Barbarian, Rogue, Fighter starts off. Next thing I am seeing is that he is getting sneak damage against the rocks. I guess they must have been sleeping to enable me to get drop on it. ;)

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Now fighting Lord Hungous and gang. My Priest of Kord getting first initiative and drops a hold person on Lord Hungous and the baddie fails his save. Battle progresses with some fireballs from my dwarf sorcerer and elf wiz which thins out the gang. Next thing I now the game stops combat and Lord Hungous starts his 5 melee round speech all over again and the spell is no longer in effect. I still win but really threw off the feel of immersion the game with that hiccup.

3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok Finished the battle in the HB cave and gathered my loot. Just was wondering, does that vial of orc blood have any effect anymore? It used to be needed to complete the quest for the orc caves, but now that part is moot. Anyone know what other need for it in the game?

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

An oldie but a goody when fighting trolls. Use phantasmal killer or other death spells to kill them without having to worry about coup de gras's.

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Another thing others may not know, but the Lamia on level 3 of the temple has a +3 longsword. At least on my game her body never shows up highlighted when you hit tab. For those that try to nerf themselves with no crafted items or weapons, this is a good one for your front liners to have when you battle tougher monsters.

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Now I am sure that this is nothing new for others, but found out that a mage can use an elvish shield with no chance of spell failure and as it is considered masterwork so you can enhance it for added ac, on up to a max of +5 total protection. Help keep those missile fire off your spellcasters.

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I prefer the Elven shield, but many swear by the Mithryl buckler.

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Guess it depends on if your mage will be one to use a bow/crossbow or will be a melee warrior wannabe. Either type of shield will do the job to add AC to the always poor protected spellcaster.

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Again I am sure that this is not new to others, but when you join one of the temples, you can pick and loot the head priests chests with no penalties. The priests and the guards just stand around picking their noses. :)

10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok I am now on the 2nd level of the Temple and thought I would try something I had never tried before. Thought I would try to become a member of all the lower temples at the same time. I might have tried it with all four, but I had killed Romag already. So I visit all the other head priests and easily am allowed to join, seemingly none of the priests have spies to report on your devious wanderings.

Most of the time I just kill everyone on sight, so do not try to mess with the priests mouthing off.

As with most of my postings, I am sure this is not new to you old hands.

11. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I like the new graphics when you destroy the Juggernaut. Just like the rock pillar at HB. The exploding rocks are just neat.

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Just fought Hedrack and friends and got some great rolls for initiative. Whacked on Hedrack till he was at exactly 0 HP. He calls on Iuz and I ran around to escape his slashes of death while taking out the baddies with aoe spells. I did take the time to loot Hedrack's corpse and then the self righteous blow hard comes to the rescue. Now usually the gang is all raised back as undead, bu this time it was only Hedrack. Naked except for the scripted loincloth. Very easy to send him back to the Abyss.

Anyone ever encounter that type of situation?

13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

When you are in the Air nub and take Ashrem, even if Ashrem is dead and not in your party, Taki reacts like he is still there. There is even a conversation prompt where you look to what Ashrem replies. I know it is just how the code is and the programmers could not anticipate everything, just weird that Taki is talking to a phantom of a shade.

14. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well went to the final fight with Zuggy with Darley. Seems there is no reaction from Zuggy with her in your party and Darley made no comments either. I had destroyed the Orb just to see the what happened and it looked like Zuggy had only 3/4 her normal HP and looked liked her summing powers were diminished.

Again trying some new things, I had my characters flee com after killing Zuggy, but when she still had a few summoned minions. Seems you can continue the game and go back to any areas you want without any glitches. Though if you can the throne stairs back down, the game ends normally.

Anyone else encounter this situation before?

15. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well it may just be a part of fleeing and not finishing the game, but Burne never acknowledges the Orb's destruction or my battle with Zuggy. Still a neat alternative, but funny how he ignores reality. :)

Our Host!