Carpenter's Quest

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Malagaar, Jun 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Malagaar

Malagaar Member

New poster here...I've played TOEE through several times but am having a new problem. Every time I try to go see the carpenter to move the "Barn for Filliken" plot along I get a CTD. I just cannot enter the carpenter's house!! This leads me to ask about two or three "cheats" to solve the problem: (1) is there a way to 'transport' myself into that building and then out again using the console? (2) can I create NPC's near me with the console (such as the elusive carpenter)? or (3) can I adjust the widow's dialogue to act as if the carpenter had agreed to build the barn?

I am most interested in possible answers to the first two proposals. Thanks in advance to all.

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Only a pc can enter a blue door/stairs first, usually #1top-left person in the formation order. Try this teleport from the console, game.fade_and_teleport(0,0,0,5047,478,473). If it ctd's you've got a problem. Only certain npc's are available in the game and they have to "join" one way or another. The teleport address for the inn is 5007,487,488 to go back. You may have to start a new game. See what happens.

Our Host!