Cant seem to extract KotB

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by xraygord, Apr 2, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. xraygord

xraygord Member

I followed the download instuctions step by step.

When I go into the Atari/ToEE folder, I find the KotB_Demo_Final.rar file there. So far so good, but I can't seem to extract this file. I don't get any option to do this. I can't oipen the file because I get the pop up window telling me the usual thing..."Windows cannot open file, then you get one of two options 1. Choose form a list(browse)or 2. Choose from the internet.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. xraygord

xraygord Member

I downloaded Winrar, problem solved.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Glad we could help :wave: I try not to use WinRAR since not everyone has it, but there seems to be a consensus that it compresses better than WinZip, so for a file of this size its really a necessity.

4. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Yeah, WinRAR is also commercial and that puts me off - especially since there are great freeware options available, such as 7zip. The only downside to 7zip is that it has slower compression times, but in most cases it beats both WinZip (.zip) and WinRAR (.rar) in compression level when compressing to its native archive format (.7z).

- Agetian

5. xraygord

xraygord Member

Well just want to say thank you. I got KotB up and running last night....finally. lol

I hurried home from work today. I hope all goes well with KotB. I still haven't been able to complete the ToEE mod you guys made. I have tried 3 seperate times over the years and always end up crashing in Nulb. When I get my new PC this year I will give it another shot.

Thanks again guys! You are the best!

Our Host!